You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
embeddeddear97

PSA: 0.8.3 delayed a day

32 comments in this topic

[U571]
Privateers
321 posts
4,419 battles

Doesn’t seem like it was announced here yet but 0.8.3 is delayed a day due to technical problems after CIS updated. There will still be no CBs today and tomorrow

673D1784-D903-46C7-9C07-FFC23FA04BC4.jpeg

• Cool 3

Community Department
2,843 posts
823 battles
3 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

Doesn’t seem like it was announced here yet but 0.8.3 is delayed a day due to technical problems after CIS updated. There will still be no CBs today and tomorrow

Spoiler

673D1784-D903-46C7-9C07-FFC23FA04BC4.jpeg

Here is the forum announcement: 

Thank you for vigilance!  

• Cool 1

Members
369 posts
12,161 battles

So that's two days less of CB it would be nice for WG to credit back the clan battles times cough cough

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
21 posts
11,011 battles

The announcement says no clan battles on the 25th. Are they back on for the 24th?

[-K-]
Members
6,728 posts
11,201 battles

Maybe they're rethinking CVs in Ranked play.  Oh wait, nevermind.  That would make too much sense.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,197 posts
6,029 battles

so all servers except RU get delayed by an entire day?what if they fix the problem today?

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
22 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

what if they fix the problem today?

Still easier to hold the update back until the vast majority of the NA server is either asleep or going to work for the morning. Yes, there will always be some people (e.g. in different timezones) who are inconvenienced, but the timing keeps it down to a minimum. Think of all those poor [edited] who would be cut off abruptly if the patch suddenly dropped in the middle of their afternoon off.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,197 posts
6,029 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Still easier to hold the update back until the vast majority of the NA server is either asleep or going to work for the morning. Yes, there will always be some people (e.g. in different timezones) who are inconvenienced, but the timing keeps it down to a minimum. Think of all those poor [edited] who would be cut off abruptly if the patch suddenly dropped in the middle of their afternoon off.

then they get  those 1 day premium time to compensate for something it's not their fault AGAIN.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

Maybe they decided to add the Indomitable.... :cap_haloween: Well, one can always hope! 

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
16 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Maybe they're rethinking CVs in Ranked play.  Oh wait, nevermind.  That would make too much sense.

I mean Ranked will be coming with 0.8.4 though a rethink would be welcome nonetheless. Mostly something server related seeing as RU server gets the patch normally.

Still, at the moment the patch is being downloaded, hoping it won't lock me out of the game :Smile_hiding:.

[-K-]
Members
6,728 posts
11,201 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I mean Ranked will be coming with 0.8.4 though a rethink would be welcome nonetheless. Mostly something server related seeing as RU server gets the patch normally.

Still, at the moment the patch is being downloaded, hoping it won't lock me out of the game :Smile_hiding:.

I just hope they can input the timer delay on CVs at the start of a Ranked battle so they don't immediately render DDs useless.  We all know how DD heavy Ranked can be, and it would be a shame for a single ship to neuter DD effectiveness for the entire match.

As for the patch, it has been delayed until tomorrow.  Your client may just be pre-downloading some items in advance at this point.

• Funny 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The update has been slated for tomorrow and no we won't do it earlier than that.  There were a couple of minor issues that we feel require fixing before the patch is rolled out and it's worth just moving things back a day. 

• Cool 1

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I just hope they can input the timer delay on CVs at the start of a Ranked battle so they don't immediately render DDs useless.  We all know how DD heavy Ranked can be, and it would be a shame for a single ship to neuter DD effectiveness for the entire match.

As for the patch, it has been delayed until tomorrow.  Your client may just be pre-downloading some items in advance at this point.

While the timer delay is coming, that will not be available in tomorrow's update.  We're still doing a little more testing with that. 

[R-F]
Members
1,510 posts
8,798 battles
42 minutes ago, Fubbleskag said:

The announcement says no clan battles on the 25th. Are they back on for the 24th?

@Radar_X or someone else, can you answer this?  I know you guys have been letting us know that there were no clan battles for the 24th, but with the patch moved and battles on the 25th cancelled, are they back on for tonight?

Edited by Brhinosaurus

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Dunno if the timer will even matter personally; tier X maps tend to be quite large so getting there by a DD takes a bit of time. In a talk I had with a pretty good CV player, with the time delay and by using the rocket planes you can be flying over the cap by the time capping is about halfway. Of course this is about the normal timer, not the 45 sec Ranked tends to have, but then you have to account for Radar and red DDs also contesting the caps.

Bottom line I think it will get more DDs sunk due to a false sense of security than help much.

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
7 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

@Radar_X or someone else, can you answer this?  I know you guys have been letting us know that there were no clan battles for the 24th, but with the patch moved and battles on the 25th cancelled, are they back on for tonight?

No, due to the update CB will not be held today or tomorrow.  Rest assured they'll be back this weekend!

[ADPT2]
Members
101 posts
12,723 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

ED5FE22A-27AE-4119-955F-48FCD5964999.jpeg

[RC_MP]
[RC_MP]
Members
298 posts
7,270 battles

So no CB today OR tomorrow.. this is ridiculous. and its not like I took this morning off to play 8.3 or anything.... :Smile_sceptic:

[WDS]
Members
1,782 posts
8,984 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

then they get  those 1 day premium time to compensate for something it's not their fault AGAIN.

No but there going to get a warm glass of milk and some cookies . 

Edited by clammboy

[SYN]
Members
7,459 posts
12,670 battles

Last season of CBs before CVs crapall over the last good game mode, so WG decides to repeatedly shorten and [edited] up this season.

[SYN]
Members
15,357 posts
12,506 battles

I think WG has a pretty good track record with not botching patches.

shot-19_04.24_13_40.51-0536.jpg.3e0f7fdb

When was the last time it was this bad? 0.5.3 with disappearing UI when more than one player ctrl+clicked onto the same aircraft?

[WOLFC]
Members
1,268 posts
6,909 battles

Just curious

I play this game on Steam.

There was a 4 GB download set to load this morning.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,014 posts
8,296 battles
26 minutes ago, MrKilmister said:

DERP

Would you rather they released a disaster upon us? Better to catch it before it goes out, inasmuch as you can.

• Cool 1