You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

I just can't take it anymore after this and feel like giving up on random matches.

66 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,179 posts
12,191 battles

Since today was a break for me from all the recent operations due to the patch dropping tomorrow, I thought I would play the Shiny-horse until I got a victory.

Eight losses in a row later, I give up.

From now on, unless there is an event that is random only, I'm sticking to co-op.

These weren't your usual matches either. These were all DDs dead in under first three minutes, we sink 3 or less reds, nobody touches a cap kind of matches.

WG, seriously, this is not fun to force a player to have to endure this kind of torture.

I don't mind losing a match but when you know that the match is over 2 minutes into it because your team is running from every cap...

there's just no point in trying and when it happens match after match, it really begins to feel like you are just being played.

Now it's true that I should have given up some might say, but my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see just how many "awesome teams" MM had lined up for me. After eight in a row of absolute blowout matches- Like I said not even one of them

was close- It's just not worth the stress of knowing that hitting battle will just place me in another guaranteed loss.

It's not fun nor engaging.

***update- tried again today for a win in the shiny horse. First match another one sided loss, second match a one sided win. MM never fails to fail. 

20190424_011423.jpg

20190424_011449.jpg

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

I for one enjoy playing coop too.

• Cool 5

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

you should have stuck to torpedo beats mode.

that was a very fun to play game mode, win or lose.

• Funny 1

[OO7]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,383 battles

Bad teams have always been a thing in Randoms. The killer for most players right now in Randoms is CVs which are just incredibly frustrating to play against in most games. The thing about CVs, especially while in a destroyer, is the fact that the mere presence of one actually forces you to only play a certain way because doing anything else will get you deleted with nonexistent counterplay, which is horribly unfun to have to play against in at least 3-4 out of every 5 games. 

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
21,301 battles
40 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

you should have stuck to torpedo beats mode.

that was a very fun to play game mode, win or lose.

It was interesting. I used it to complete the DD related directives quickly. Didn't find it particularly fun after the first couple of matches, just different and profitable. I would have much rather been able to fire my guns. What I did really appreciate about the mode was just how fast they were over and it was far more exciting than playing normal PvP.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
3,159 posts
17,061 battles

Well what do you expect?

Everybody says playing DD is ok now, just overcome and adapt.

Well alot of us dont play them any more, leaving only the best of the best to for your teams to play with.

I seen way to many DD players just flat out run away from caps, or straight to their death lately.

So everybody enjoyed the new Meta

GG:CV:

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,492 posts
10,572 battles

It happens. Went through a losing streak that lasted two weeks. It wasn't just me, it was some of my clan mates as well. I quit playing randoms solo for awhile. Only if clan mates joined. 

If it makes you feel any better, I have that beat. Now it was in ranked 11th season mind you. However sometimes it doesn't pay to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. you may be surprised.

last night in ranked, roughhh  night.jpg

• Funny 1

[TCNNA]
Members
957 posts
16,580 battles

Overall the win rate of the game is still 50% you loose 8 someone wins 8.

Co-op is 97% human 3% bot......but rewards are very low.

Probably you gain more in normal played loss then in a good win in co-op.

Regards

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
949 posts
7,745 battles

I have been having alot of wins lately by following these rules.

1. Ignore all my tier 8, 9 and 10 ships
  2. I am a DD main and i have not touched a DD in over a week.
  3. Stick to BB and Cruiser tier 4 through 6

I have enjoyed close to 70 % win rate in past 3 weeks.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1014991932,LadyAnesjka/

Edited by LadyAnesjka
  • Cool 2

[SF-13]
Members
644 posts
4,936 battles
29 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Pretty much this^( sans WR )

Even went so far as to sell my Minotaur, Neptune, Degrobe and Iowa.......held onto my 8's, but none of them have had a match is a couple of weeks now. And even 7's only get a match every now and then.

Unfortunately, it would seem many others are following the same train of thought, as I have seen known "high end" clans making more frequent appearances in amongst us "lesser mortals" in the mid tiers.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
12,930 posts
8,245 battles
2 hours ago, Mikebello said:

Co-op is 97% human 3% bot......but rewards are very low.

Probably you gain more in normal played loss then in a good win in co-op.

Except that you can play more co-op battles in the same time, and your gains per hour played might be better.

Granted, co-op cannot possibly hope to match a string of heavily-flagged randoms or operations wins (if your ships are of the right tier), but the high win-rate keeps morale up and helps you grind for longer.

Members
39 posts
1,071 battles

only 8 losses? what's the problem? i recently had a stretch where i had 4 wins in 48 matches. my WR went from 50% to 43%. (relatively new player)

while i totally understand your frustration OP and i was ready to throw in the towel myself, 8 losses out of 9 battles is not really that rare in random PvP play. 

take a break. come back and try and not check stats or count victories. just play for the fun of defeating one enemy ship at a time. it'll come back

• Cool 2

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
346 posts
1,905 battles

I'm a DD main and since the new CV mode it's not worth playing anymore.  I may try more coop.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,556 posts
10,707 battles
2 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

last dd I touched was my gumo and it lasted all of 5 minutes in a t10 match.

[TCNNA]
Members
957 posts
16,580 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Except that you can play more co-op battles in the same time, and your gains per hour played might be better.

Granted, co-op cannot possibly hope to match a string of heavily-flagged randoms or operations wins (if your ships are of the right tier), but the high win-rate keeps morale up and helps you grind for longer.

This is why I only play co-op. 😉

Btw not all ships are the same in co-op.

Yolo DD best

Brawl BB:second

Torp cruiser if you can ambush......3°

Last ......cv😁

Edited by Mikebello
  • Cool 1

Members
191 posts
10,148 battles
Just now, The_Chiv said:

last dd I touched was my gumo and it lasted all of 5 minutes in a t10 match.

3 minutes ago, BurglarOfBanff_ff said:

I'm a DD main and since the new CV mode it's not worth playing anymore.  I may try more coop.

i have noticed a  definitive rise in the skill if DD players of late

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
5 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Since today was a break for me from all the recent operations due to the patch dropping tomorrow, I thought I would play the Shiny-horse until I got a victory.

Eight losses in a row later, I give up.

From now on, unless there is an event that is random only, I'm sticking to co-op.

These weren't your usual matches either. These were all DDs dead in under first three minutes, we sink 3 or less reds, nobody touches a cap kind of matches.

WG, seriously, this is not fun to force a player to have to endure this kind of torture.

I don't mind losing a match but when you know that the match is over 2 minutes into it because your team is running from every cap...

there's just no point in trying and when it happens match after match, it really begins to feel like you are just being played.

Now it's true that I should have given up some might say, but my curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see just how many "awesome teams" MM had lined up for me. After eight in a row of absolute blowout matches- Like I said not even one of them

was close- It's just not worth the stress of knowing that hitting battle will just place me in another guaranteed loss.

It's not fun nor engaging.

20190424_011423.jpg

20190424_011449.jpg

I have not had a great game in days. Dd die in e min becouse they do and 5 min later its 7 to 1. The in chat is the I hate cv comment when there cv has not killed anything but there ships with guns have.

Not sure whats going on.

Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,690 battles

Bye then, enjoy co-ops.

Also, print screen + paint for the win.

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
3 hours ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I have completely ignored my non super AA ships above T7.   I refuse to participate in this garbage CV alpha test.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
0 posts
16 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I refuse to participate in this garbage CV alpha test.

Same here. I had already planned on moving to exclusive Co-op the day 8.0 hit because I checked out the *new* *improved* sky cancer during PT. I saw the crazy train coming and stepped aside to watch it run full-speed off the rails.

• Cool 5

[ARMDG]
[ARMDG]
Members
767 posts
3,287 battles

And this is how I lost part of my sanity trying to knock stars off for Starfall. Who knew the weekend could be this bad?

I guess it's a losing streak; I wasn't playing all too well.

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles
33 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I have not had a great game in days. Dd die in e min becouse they do and 5 min later its 7 to 1. The in chat is the I hate cv comment when there cv has not killed anything but there ships with guns have.

Not sure whats going on.

People are looking for a scapegoat to blame for all of their problems. The DD player base has never been particularly skilled and CV are just an easy target to blame.

• Cool 5

[V-MF]
Members
78 posts
6 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

You have chosen wisely.

Playing DD in Co-op is very fun for me.

[H_]
Members
2,433 posts
38 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

People are looking for a scapegoat to blame for all of their problems. The DD player base has never been particularly skilled and CV are just an easy target to blame.

What?  Blane is easy.......say something is bad !  There, it is bad...  Let's test this theory with some proof:  what was the life expectancy of Update 8.0?  Come on, how long was 8.0 active???  Answer: days.  If carriers are that good and fun, and entertaining for all, don't you think 8.0 would still be in-play?  Nope....  Where are we now, months after 8.0 radically imploded: 8.1-2-3 and 4-5 are quickly being prepared:  because carriers are successful?  No.......they imploded the player base and our host is scrambling to find some "balance in the mess carriers have created....."   We were doing just fine without them.....  Hate facts....isn't this a "cutting off the nose" meme in real time.....  Actually, it is an Abilene Paradox in real-time......  Please, go ahead and Google that and look at the 5 symptoms of the paradox and compare them to the forum comments over the past 2 months.....   Then, let's have this discussion all over again........

Yep !  It's all the DD players fault.........as the CV's hide 40K away behind an island, with unlimited access to the entire map in 75 seconds, with plane regeneration, with effective weapons systems and no carrier to carrier fighting capabilities and, since a great many ships can't fight back, unlimited targets and experience points to farm....  The difference between this farming exercise and the radar meta exercise is that when Tier 7 divisions of radar ships invaded Tier 5 matches, at least, those ship could personally aim at the enemy radar ship and fight back !!!   You can't aim at an airplane, and with a 9 or a 12 AA, can't fight back....... 

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 3

[NGAGE]
Members
3,606 posts
8,673 battles
39 minutes ago, JustAdapt said:

I'm sure causing all the good DD players to be frustrated playing DD didn't exactly help the matter.