You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Flint consumables?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles

What Consumables can USN Flint mount?  The info is missing from the wiki and I have no chance of getting one.

TIA

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
5,270 battles

DamCon (duh), either Atlanta brand infinite DFAA or standard Hydro, and Smoke.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,718 posts
7,708 battles

Standard Cruiser Damage Control

Atlanta Style DFAA or Standard T7 Cruiser Hydro

USN Smoke Screen

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles

Thanks.  Page updated.  I notice that Atlanta is missing its list too.  Same, with radar instead of smoke?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
5,270 battles
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Thanks.  Page updated.  I notice that Atlanta is missing its list too.  Same, with radar instead of smoke?

Yep.

Members
391 posts
72 battles

Anyone that can offer a opinion on the Flint? Is it any good/fun? I know Atlanta is quite situational, but I guess that with Flints smoke and torps you can do different playstyle?!

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles
2 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Anyone that can offer a opinion on the Flint? Is it any good/fun? I know Atlanta is quite situational, but I guess that with Flints smoke and torps you can do different playstyle?!

I like the Flint - it plays a lot like a UK CL, but has HE to light things on fire, and (surprisingly) long-range torpedoes that people dont typically expect at 9km.  

My main problem with the Flint is that I am used to just a puff or two of smoke from UK CLs, rather than making a long, long line of smoke like a USN DD to hide in. 

Still, it is good fun and it is the cheapest steel ship.  I wouldnt get it if you had the Atlanta though, as it would be a bit too similar (try the Black instead, unless you hated the Fletcher).  

Members
391 posts
72 battles
27 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I like the Flint - it plays a lot like a UK CL, but has HE to light things on fire, and (surprisingly) long-range torpedoes that people dont typically expect at 9km.  

My main problem with the Flint is that I am used to just a puff or two of smoke from UK CLs, rather than making a long, long line of smoke like a USN DD to hide in. 

Still, it is good fun and it is the cheapest steel ship.  I wouldnt get it if you had the Atlanta though, as it would be a bit too similar (try the Black instead, unless you hated the Fletcher).  

So you can actually create a rather big smoke in Flint? And it stays as long as US DD? Then I probably will try and get the steel for this since I dont think I ever get enough for Stalingrad. I do love my Mikael Kutuzov and this sounds pretty much like a T7 version of that but with shorter gunrange. 

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles
7 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

So you can actually create a rather big smoke in Flint? And it stays as long as US DD? Then I probably will try and get the steel for this since I dont think I ever get enough for Stalingrad. I do love my Mikael Kutuzov and this sounds pretty much like a T7 version of that but with shorter gunrange. 

And floatier shells. The Flint can eat destroyers and planes, but setting fires to BBs also generates solid damage. Cruisers are harder to deal with though cos they can dodge better.

Kutuzov can hit what she is aiming at from range; the Flint is much more challenging, more like a USN DD. But, to get a Flint you need to essentially rank out three times, so by that point you should be able to aim.