You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
5alty_D4w6

Uneven Battles Between Tiers

7 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
4,430 battles

I personally feel that a battle between ships of 3 tiers is an uneven event. When I'm using a tier VIII and I'm in a battle with tier X ships, that's just ridiculously one-sided. Not only do they have the firepower superiority but the armor superiority, as well. Since there are 10 tiers, why not have tier I and tier II ships battle, tier III and tier IV ships battle, tier V and tier VI ships battle, and so on? These incredibly stupid battles with tier X ships sinking tier VIII ships with one salvo is just not my idea of fun, AT ALL. Granted, I've had my share of one-salvo kills but I've NEVER felt good about sinking a ship TWO TIERS beneath mine. There's just no...HONOR in it.

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles

It happens, you deal with it or you dont. WG just wont change the tier spread in MM.

Real life comparison.

My freshman year in high school, I played AAU basketball. My team was composed of the HS freshmen team. We got matched up against Coby Karl (George karls, NBA coach's kid). It was was a bunch of freshman playing against senior D1 college prospects. We got rolled. Team just alley ooped on us all day. Yah its dumb, MM in real life sucks too. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[TDRB]
Members
2,980 posts
8,956 battles

There have been many threads on this subject expressing the same views you have. I believe WG would change this if they had the player base to do so if they could keep within the 5 minute maximum wait.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,895 battles
58 minutes ago, 5alty_D4w6 said:

I personally feel that a battle between ships of 3 tiers is an uneven event. When I'm using a tier VIII and I'm in a battle with tier X ships, that's just ridiculously one-sided. Not only do they have the firepower superiority but the armor superiority, as well. Since there are 10 tiers, why not have tier I and tier II ships battle, tier III and tier IV ships battle, tier V and tier VI ships battle, and so on? These incredibly stupid battles with tier X ships sinking tier VIII ships with one salvo is just not my idea of fun, AT ALL. Granted, I've had my share of one-salvo kills but I've NEVER felt good about sinking a ship TWO TIERS beneath mine. There's just no...HONOR in it.

I've seen a Cleveland get a kraken and over 120k damage as the only t8 in a t10 match.....

Members
2,611 posts
9,799 battles

Current MM works, you actually have it rather nice in this game.  In tanks if you go against newer vehicles in lower tiers, there’s literally nothing you can do.  In this game you can still effectively impact battle when bottom tier, as long as you know what to do.

[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,298 posts
12,520 battles

Just want to point out something, OP recently moving up tier, play little number of battle in t8 both in cruiser and bb

Spoiler

Example - he play in the NC, he won 24 out of 53 battles, minimum exp earn 935

ARP Takao played 88 battles and won 40, min exp 744

hipper - 38 and won 16, min exp 719

eddy - 25 and won 7, min 608

So, disclaimer - i am not stat shaming, but normally when complain like this, it often to check player stats to understand the full complain. Put "myself into his shoe" kind of thing. 

OP not skills playing at higher tier, suggestion play lower tier and get more in depth skills and experiences before playing higher tier.

Alpha Tester
418 posts
6,796 battles

In the ole days, when you're playing a bottom ranked ship it was called playing extra-hard mode.

Think of it that way, When you're a T8 cruiser of known weak armour and end up with the winning team in the top 3, you can pat yourself on the back. There is no honour killing a T10 in any possible way, but since it's my duty, I'll try to hold my nose up:CA: