Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SeaKnight_1990

Soviet T10 BB Problem

19 comments in this topic

[BZERK]
Members
750 posts
4,119 battles

I've read over the stats and everything on the T10 Soviet BB Kreml and there's one slight issue with it...

It's not OP enough.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
2,530 posts
21,690 battles

That's because before playing Soviet Battleship one must drink a fifth of Vodka frist

[DENY]
Members
708 posts
8,019 battles
15 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

That's because before playing Soviet Battleship one must drink a fifth of Vodka frist

Than him good got 3/4of a bottle left . It work for any Russian ship ,, 

[RG-1]
Beta Testers
496 posts
7,174 battles

LOL, I hope T9 Dante Alighieri is powerful enough to deal with Alaska, and Azuma.

DanteAlighieri1932Rough15ae.png

23,000 ton, 1928 design. 6 x 15" main guns. 8 x 152mm secondary guns. 

DanteAlighieri1932Rough16aa.png

DanteAlighieri1932Rough15ad.png

Edited by LL_JuneBug
Notate illustrations

Members
39 posts

Just went though 2 battles with one. Not with the name Kremil though. Pobeda was the name tier 10. OP as hell. Angled at far distances was getting pens and citadel hits all day long.  Top of the leader board each battle.

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Members
6 posts

OP as [edited], wrecked me in anything I had at distances  around 15-17 kms....Made my Tirpitz look like an Erie, but my crapjust richochets right the [edited] off, gtfoh Russian [edited] bias, i wont spend another penny on this game I will kepp playing but with all the Tier 8 Premiums I bought just to be stuck with [edited]tier 9s and 10s always was the first hump., now this [edited].

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,522 posts
4,264 battles
On 4/26/2019 at 7:07 AM, HooT_77th said:

OP as [edited], wrecked me in anything I had at distances  around 15-17 kms....Made my Tirpitz look like an Erie, but my crapjust richochets right the [edited] off, gtfoh Russian [edited] bias, i wont spend another penny on this game I will kepp playing but with all the Tier 8 Premiums I bought just to be stuck with [edited]tier 9s and 10s always was the first hump., now this [edited].

You've much to learn, young Padawan. Where is your HE key mapped to? You should be able to do soemthing with HE instead of smashing your face against a wall trying to use AP, though it is the preferred round for battleships. Also, you're playing tier 8 against a tier 10, you were at a disadvantage as soon as that guy hit the "BATTLE" button around the same time you did. You would have been better off in the Kurfurst, but you gotta get there first ;)

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Members
6 posts
8 hours ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

You've much to learn, young Padawan. Where is your HE key mapped to? You should be able to do soemthing with HE instead of smashing your face against a wall trying to use AP, though it is the preferred round for battleships. Also, you're playing tier 8 against a tier 10, you were at a disadvantage as soon as that guy hit the "BATTLE" button around the same time you did. You would have been better off in the Kurfurst, but you gotta get there first ;)

Spoken like a true derp Russian. Reality is not something they actually get real easily. If I go by your account on here and take my first account into consideration, Ive got twice as many battles as you. Whose opinion would be more legit? Just saying!

Edited by HooT_77th
  • Boring 1

Members
5 posts
2,899 battles

"Whose opinion would be more legit?"

a) an angry person who doesn't respond to the specific points of a helpful reply, but who instead insults the population of an entire nation (after losing to a ship 2 tiers higher); or

b) someone who offers useful suggestions that person "a" might benefit from?

Notably, person "a" did not (and could not) disagree with any of the "legit" advice from person "b".

• Cool 2

2,522 posts
4,264 battles
2 hours ago, HooT_77th said:

Spoken like a true derp Russian. Reality is not something they actually get real easily. If I go by your account on here and take my first account into consideration, Ive got twice as many battles as you. Whose opinion would be more legit? Just saying!

I'm sure the Russians have a better feel of reality than you or even I do, guy. I wouldn't dare to comment on how things are going there. In fact, I feel quite blessed. 

Also, just because you have twice as many battles as me doesn't mean you're twice as smart or twice as experienced as me. I don't claim to know everything, but I've been with this game since the first closed beta and I've been around the block a handful of times. I've played with guys who are better than me with half of my battle count. I know guys who have three times as many battles as you or me and are still rather...spudlike. 

The fact you didn't even think to try shooting HE at the guy is telling enough. Bragging you have twice as many battles as me and still didn't consider it, even more so. Considering you've dropped into this thread, with half your words getting slashed out, complaining of Russian Bias, I think you just need to take a cold shower and a short break, and find something better in life than thinking having twice as many battles as someone negates their advice. 

I'm actually out there playing these ships, and I tossed out a nugget of what really frustrates me when I'm playing these ships. 

But hey you know better so just keep getting mad. 

• Cool 1

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,639 posts
6,981 battles
2 hours ago, HooT_77th said:

I know Sledgehammer, he's not Russian so that's always amusing.  That aside, if we're talking about reality perhaps you should check your own reality-- This is an ARCADE game.  As in, a game that has historical roots but clearly not supposed to REPRESENT reality.  

And while pointing out having alot of battles is one thing, I could always sit there and go "oh so that's how slow you learn lessons in the game for improvement?"  But hey, I haven't looked at Sledge's nor your stats.  Because that's a moot point when you're being this dumb.  Just saying!

2,522 posts
4,264 battles
46 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

I know Sledgehammer, he's not Russian so that's always amusing.

the fact I can be that convincing is even more amusing ;)

• Funny 1

[MX]
Members
65 posts
On 4/27/2019 at 11:13 PM, CaliburxZero said:

I know Sledgehammer, he's not Russian so that's always amusing. 

well i know two sledgehammers

the american eugene sledge and hero who appear in the hbo serie the pacific and the russian 203mm b-4 mortar called stalin sledgehammer

• Funny 1

2,522 posts
4,264 battles
On 5/13/2019 at 8:27 PM, admiral_beto said:

well i know two sledgehammers

the american eugene sledge and hero who appear in the hbo serie the pacific and the russian 203mm b-4 mortar called stalin sledgehammer

Ironically, I'm not relating my name to either. :P
EDIT: AND NO ITS NOT THE PETER GABRIEL SONG

[WOLF3]
Members
20,472 posts
18,820 battles

Looking at Kreml in the port Armor Viewer, other than the lower bow armor, she's not that special.  60mm deck armor in the center isn't unusual as Tier IX-X IJN BBs have 57mm or 58mm armor there.  Kreml has an above the waterline Citadel to protect and more importantly she doesn't have any special looking protection scheme for it.  Again, except for the lower bow armor, the rest of the armor on this BB is pretty plain.

Tier X RU BB:  Kreml

Spoiler

mya1WNz.jpg

Spoiler

xgZ4u1j.jpg

The Citadel actually looks quite vulnerable, IMO.  If someone can get a side view, you're screwed.  There are no German Turtlebacks, French BB style of angled decks, nor Waterline Citadel to save you.  You mess up, or get outplayed, you're going to get punished harshly.

Below is a stock Kreml.  34 second reload for 457mm x9 in Tier X is very long.  But the turret traverse is amazingly fast at 30 seconds.  The Sigma however is horrid for a 9 gun BB.  Kreml seems to continue the RU BB tradition that if you're stuck dueling at range, you'll struggle.  That long reload with questionable gun accuracy at range (as is typical for RU BBs) makes her look very problematic.  Remember that Tier X combat is dominated by ranged excellence by many ships out there, even BBs.  Not Kreml.

HE shell is weaker than Yamato in raw damage but you have quite higher Fire Chance.

AP shell is stronger than Yamato in raw damage.

TDS is high at 46%, so unlike many RU BBs below Tier IX, you can take hits from torps.

HP level is very high at 108k HP.

Secondaries' stock range is 6km, exactly like a similarly configured Montana.  So if you do a Secondary Spec, that should take it to around 8.6km, 9.1km (IIRC) with the proper signal flag on top of that.  IOW, it sucks, just like Montana Secondaries.

Kreml continues the RU BB tradition of very good Rudder Shift times but straddled with monstrously large Turning Circle Radius.  RU BBs are quick to respond to turn commands (for a BB) but lazily carry out the turns.

Speed is passable at 29.5kts.

Spoiler

87LFX1U.jpg

Below is Kreml with Main Main Battery - Survival - Stealth Hybrid Build.  Note that the Fitting Tool isn't accounting for concealment camo for the detection ranges.

- Gun reload is tolerable now.

- Dispersion still sucks, especially considering that the dispersion value is only at 20km.

- 457mm guns still don't Overmatch 32mm armor like Yamato-class 460mm can.

- With Expert Marksman and MBM3 upgrade slotted, the turret traverse only worsens to 30.9 seconds.  That is still blazing fast for BB turret traverse.

Spoiler

XysLoO7.jpg

Below is a Main Battery - Survival - Stealth Hybrid Build Yamato with the Legendary in Slot 6.  Yamato has long been "The Standard" in Battleship Gunnery in WoWS, even before Legendary Upgrades arrived.

Spoiler

B7Tve99.jpg

Artillery Chart with some of her peers in Tier X

Spoiler

E9adnMP.jpg

Krem's 457mm AP has great penetration capability, actually getting stronger than Yamato's 460mm AP once you're past 14km.  Kreml's AP also seems to continue several prior RU BB tendencies for low impact angles and low shell flight time.  But remember again that WG designed RU BB accuracy to worsen with more range while getting better in closer ranges. 

So, the guns have a some nice characteristics, but 9 guns with slow reload and no Overmatch advantage like Yamato, coupled with questionable reliability at range, with an actual citadel to protect, Kreml doesn't look too grand.  Not sure how her gun angles will work in practice, because the gun characteristics overall are kind of meh.

If I were facing Kreml with my Montana, it's a simple matter of keeping the engagement at 16km+ and picking her apart while Kreml's accuracy at range and slow ROF will be her downfall.  Montana has smaller 406mm guns, but she has 12 of them, has superior sigma, superior dispersion.  If Kreml is being defensive she'll be letting off only 6-gun instead of 9-gun salvos, trying to protect her citadel.  Montana can easily present 9 gun salvos and still be defensive in her angling.  If it's safe enough she can unload with 12 guns.  She will land a lot more hits against Kreml. 

In a PVP setting, I don't see Kreml's guns being good for the reality of combat in Tier X.  I'm sure it'll be fine for Co-op, but the low gun count, low reliability at range, poor gun reload doesn't paint a good picture.  Remember that even Yamato with her low dispersion, 2.1 Sigma will throw out that occasional salvo that make you say, "What?!?" so a BB with 1.7 Sigma and x9 guns in Tier X, I can see that going wrong in the typical long range engagements there.  Conqueror with 457mm x8 and 2.0 Sigma is pretty garbage at range, so Kreml with the quirky RU BB style of gunnery will be even worse at range.

That said, I would not want to get close to Kreml when her player is angled properly.  RU BB accuracy improves considerably the closer you get.  The guns have issues at range but the power of the shells isn't in question.  Whether she uses HE with the high 48% fire chance or the AP that will Overmatch anything below 32mm armor, it's best not to tempt fate.  Keep at range and pelt her.

If anyone is curious, the charts came from the Fitting Tool, which is in a Link in my signature.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

2,522 posts
4,264 battles
On 5/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

34 second reload for 457mm x9 in Tier X is very long.  But the turret traverse is amazingly fast at 30 seconds.  The Sigma however is horrid for a 9 gun BB.

Actually, a little adjustment has come Kreml's way in ST

Soviet battleship Kremlin, tier X Increased Sigma parameter from 1.7 to 1.8;
Main battery reload time reduced from 34 to 33 seconds.

Kremlin is distinguished by strong armor, reliable torpedo bulges and a large pool of hit points, but she has inferior firepower compared to other tier X battleships. With the new gun characteristics, she will shoot more often and more accurately, which will be especially noticeable at medium to short distances.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,472 posts
18,820 battles
1 hour ago, Sledgehammer427 said:

Actually, a little adjustment has come Kreml's way in ST

I saw that, it still isn't going to change anything with her.  Still the same fundamental problems.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,377 battles

aren't we glad that accuracy really isn't a problem with the Kremlin now that we have it?! The numbers on paper really don't translate into the ship in game, because this thing has been much more consistent, even at max range, than the supposed sniper, the Yamato, has ever been for me.

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational

Sign in to follow this