You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Just_French_It

So how do i keep the game fun, as a DD Only Player?

133 comments in this topic

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles

So i gave the game a legitimate shot from 8.0.0 when my gut told me to pack it in and quit

Im not having trouble adapting. Im having trouble with the fun factor in DDs.

What do i do? I really cant find the game enjoyable as a DD main, Im too shut down every match, and i find delaying cap just isnt fun, unless im running a 14km groz build. 

What are my options (Real options)

• Im tired of CW,
  • I Have over 30k Steel with nothing to spend it on, Neurtrashimy is overpriced, and i will not support WG and their steel power creep when the Black is a better steel DD for almost 1/3 less. 
  • Reaching almost 500k Coal, Nothing to spend it on (no options as a high-tier DD player)
  • And with CV's coming to Ranked and CW, why? What do i do?

I tried

• cruisers, after i got a Azuma. I hate it just as bad as before.
  • I cant play BBs, I get very sleepy when i do.
  • I played a CV on a friends account. A Midway. Prior to that game i never touched a CV. I did 120k Damage and won and never touched the class again. I found it very 1 Dimensional and boring game play wise. 
  • I dont like COOP or any other game mode but randoms and ranked (and CW depending) PVP is where i like to play. 

What can i do as well? Putting maximum effort to do just half as well as was able as before is extremely tiring, and wears me out after 1-3 games.

With Biased CCs like @NoZoupForYou , @Notser blindly supporting the CV rework without bringing up legitimate concerns, has me wondering if they are just looking out for themselves and keeping a positive light infront of WG. This is something a CC shouldn't do. Arent they there to bring up legitimate concerns to the Devs, and not use their CC status to garner Youtube Hits and twitch views for monetization? 

I honestly dont know what to do anymore War gaming, the Game is just so anti Fun for DDs. 

After all isnt playing the game for fun the goal?

Thanks,

Toxic_Masculinity.

Edited by Toxic_Masculinity
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

AA spec Kidd... No CV will touch you. Just dont play aggressive.

That too gets boring, It was fun for a while, but the fun didnt return.

Just now, Prothall said:

Play tier 2 DDs.

You will never see a CV.

I dont play below tier 8. 

[CUTER]
Members
2,858 posts
12,043 battles

I enjoy the challenge.  I have been playing a lot of TRB IJN torp boats.  Tonight was trolling around a bit with TRB F3 Yugumo.  CVs arent that big a deal IMO if you position yourself well when they are striking in your area.

• Cool 1

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles

I do play my TA F3 Shima, but thats the last bastion for fun for me. CVs arent an issue as far as me knowing when to contribute, but its just very taxing PLAYING dd in this atmosphere. 

I lose the will to play after 1-2 games, Win or loss. 

• Cool 2

[WAG]
Beta Testers
733 posts
6,133 battles

not a DD main, slowly becomeing a CV main at this point due to british CV's so take what i say witha  grain of salt i supose.

find a DD dive mate, one of you take a grozovoi (switch off every few matches, the other playes whatever DD they want. stick togeather. Grozovoi or gearing with AA spec will keep you two basically immune to even T10 CV's, and the other player then can then play mostly the same as before the rework. keep things intresting by switching ships and roles.

[NPG]
Members
137 posts
2,882 battles

This should be the point where the game is the best for you. You are at a point of adapt or die. The challenge of trying new tactics or builds should be what keeps you going. Just having the status quo would be boring to me. Adding challenge and trying to figure out a new way to approach a problem where my mind is working in overdrive is what I find enjoyable. 

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles
1 minute ago, Dareios said:

I assume, with 30K steel, you'll be grabbing the Shimmy?

I am, but i wont take it out much, it has zero threat and will be hard pressed to win a knife fight, or zone other dds out.

Nice gimmick, but ultimately a useless dd. 

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles
2 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

This should be the point where the game is the best for you. You are at a point of adapt or die. The challenge of trying new tactics or builds should be what keeps you going. Just having the status quo would be boring to me. Adding challenge and trying to figure out a new way to approach a problem where my mind is working in overdrive is what I find enjoyable. 

Im not having trouble adapting.

Its at the point where it takes a lot of effort to the point where DDs arent fun for me anymore. Fun is one of the few reasons why i play. And i struggle to login. When i press login i do a quick battle, see 11-15 cvs in que and get frustrated. I dont even back out, i stick it out and I usually win.

But to produce a win condition in a DD now takes a Super Effort that i find taxing. 

Every day i can count where I lose to a CV player. Not due to misplay, not due me being out classed, Due to me simply being unable to fight back against it. 

Im talking about end game where Im in the spending my HP phase to produce a win, not early, or mid game. 

• Cool 1

[NPG]
Members
137 posts
2,882 battles
1 minute ago, Toxic_Masculinity said:

Its at the point where it takes a lot of effort to the point where DDs arent fun for me anymore. Fun is one of the few reasons why i play. And i struggle to login. When i press login i do a quick battle, see 11-15 cvs in que and get frustrated. I dont even back out, i stick it out and I usually win.

But to produce a win condition in a DD now takes a Super Effort that i find taxing. 

Then take a small break. Play another game for awhile. Don't even bother with playing matches just log in to collect the daily and come back to check it after the next big patch. Russian BBs will release soon that will add plenty of new targets to torp.

[INTEL]
Members
10,635 posts
29,956 battles
1 minute ago, Toxic_Masculinity said:

Not many people getting this easily understood point.

Adapting to not having fun is still... Not having fun.

I was a DD main but basically given up on DDs for the reasons you enumerate.

Switched to BBs and cruisers. But dont enjoy the incessant open water stealth firing from CVs, and dont enjoy not being able to play ships I love because their AA is poor. 

• Cool 6

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles
3 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

Then take a small break. Play another game for awhile. Don't even bother with playing matches just log in to collect the daily and come back to check it after the next big patch. Russian BBs will release soon that will add plenty of new targets to torp.

Torping or Guns, I dont focus purely BBs, i focus targets that misplay or critical ships. 

Russian BBs are shaping up to be universally lackluster. 

And bbs i never have a problem with. Prior to BB AP changes or After. 

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles

Before, I could produce a win condition with good plays and punishing misplays. 

Zoning with torps, area denial, Cap contention, etc. 

And it felt rewarding and fun when I pull a win condition out of that.

Before if i made a play that ensured Id die, id make sure its worth it for the win. Now, doing that is a lost 99% of the time. 

Now, even if i pull a win out of a game it doesnt feel the same. 

The CV can produce a win condition without a 1/3rd of the effort. 

Its like a poor reward system.

Its very frustrating and Unfun for me as a dd only player,  to get a win like that i have to be in the perfect place 100% of the time with no room for error. 

• Cool 1

[YGGD]
Beta Testers
2,660 posts
22,104 battles

Maybe just wait for Subs to enter the game you think ? ? ?

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles
19 minutes ago, Toxic_Masculinity said:

Sounds like you are having trouble adapting :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

Stop fear the cvs like they are the old cvs how can nuke you with 2 torp bombs in 2 min of battle.

Play smart, cvs focus in lone ships, his favorite food is alone bbs, avoid be close from this one.

Look if the cv is in a division, they most of time will try help his teammates, so avoid combat teammate cvs if is possible (they will ask for the cv spot you), most of cv players is not going "spot" for random people sinse: its not rewars, we dont trust in random people hability to kill a dd.

Dont be too agressive in early game.

• Cool 1

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles
1 minute ago, JustAdapt said:

Sounds like you are having trouble adapting :Smile_trollface:

Im not, I fear no CV.

What i fear is the lack of fun, and the lack of impact i can make when a cv is in game. I cant make plays, I cant deny, I cant Area Deny, I cant (usually safely) deny a cap, If i misplay once im usually in trouble. I cant spend my late game HP to make win conditions.

I dont have the option of playing a cruiser or a BB. I dont find them fun.

Im trying to say Im having legitimate trouble keeping the fun in the game for me. 

I dont want to not play World of Warships, but im honestly out of options.

1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

Stop fear the cvs like they are the old cvs how can nuke you with 2 torp bombs in 2 min of battle.

Play smart, cvs focus in lone ships, his favorite food is alone bbs, avoid be close from this one.

Look if the cv is in a division, they most of time will try help his teammates, so avoid combat teammate cvs if is possible (they will ask for the cv spot you), most of cv players is not going "spot" for random people sinse: its not rewars, we dont trust in random people hability to kill a dd.

Dont be too agressive in early game.

Youre not getting it. CVs and how to play in the CV atmosphere isnt the problem.

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

I think you dont get the gameplay change a lot more as expected bit in favor of bbs...

A good dd could cap, and like you say "produce" the terrain for victory.

But that change because people start play more... or extreme passive, or too agressive. Its not only the cvs how change, all class change in general, most in favor to bbs group and push.

Your tatics to "produce a win" need change to adapt, not only for the cvs, but for the new way people is playing.

• Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
647 posts
8,307 battles
2 minutes ago, Toxic_Masculinity said:

Im not, I fear no CV.

What i fear is the lack of fun, and the lack of impact i can make when a cv is in game. I cant make plays, I cant deny, I cant Area Deny, I cant (usually safely) deny a cap, If i misplay once im usually in trouble. I cant spend my late game HP to make win conditions.

I dont have the option of playing a cruiser or a BB. I dont find them fun.

Im trying to say Im having legitimate trouble keeping the fun in the game for me. 

I dont want to not play World of Warships, but im honestly out of options.

I am having trouble understanding the area denial portion of this, as you can still launch long range tops and not worry about planes spotting them...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,339 posts
11,846 battles

You could come to the dark side and give the reworked CV's a spin. :Smile_hiding:

bd1.jpg

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

Also, sometimes get a time out this game. As an old-cv-main i hate...... a lot, this rework, i still hate it, even if i like (and hate) this game.

I feel i could impact a lot more easy the game in the old system, this one i feel just bored farming dmg.

Take a time helps to ... playing better and not get too stressed with this game.

• Boring 1

Members
1,140 posts
4,530 battles
Just now, DemonGod3 said:

I am having trouble understanding the area denial portion of this, as you can still launch long range tops and not worry about planes spotting them...

at 10km plus, a thin spread with even 5/6 launchers (haragumo line, shima line) will have a spread size of a GK. 

As a DD player that specialize in torp DDs i NEVER expect to hit with my torps.

I also do not use long range torps. With the 5.8 concealment i use F3 torps. I only use 12km torps in CW, IF we require a shima (rare)

Any decent BB/Cruiser player will wasd and my torps will miss. Even being found in the area once, it usually neglects any chance i have at landing a torp

I dont even use the indicator anymore to not even give them a indication of me launching torps.

Planes spotting my torps were never an issue before. I dont agree with how they made that change, but it got changed. I can count the number of times a plane spotting my torps mattered on my hand. 

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts

OP.  Play COOP and Scenarios.  Avoid the conflagration in Randoms.....  They are not value added.  When the clan takes our only division out, we start at Random Tier 4 or 5 and go up if we win.....  If we see . 2 CV's at a tier, we cycle through the game as fast as possible......there really is no point anyway !  So, the faster we exit, there is a chance the next match has no carriers or just one....  We rarely get past 7 and at Tier 8 and 8+, well, it is where we just don't go there anymore....  All that grinding for nothing......

If this meta doesn't radically change soon, I'm afraid I'll only ever play COOP and Scenarios........and, will never spend a penny.....  That is the only thing I can do to protest this mess....