Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

WG, please clarify changes to Consumables - Updated and asked again.

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles

all ships will have 3 charges for standard consumables, and 4 for enhanced consumables.

Do all durations and cooldowns remain as they are? 

The special consumable settings for cruiser flag_Commonwealth_abdc3eb3f8c9b1c0421b3apremium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631VI Perth and battleship flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_65cf64bd7296cfa9dcf38bf869d5cfc9IX Musashi have been preserved.

Mushi is in the tables.  I presume the 5/6 charges and the odd cooldown remain as is?  Perth is not unique in the tables.  What is special about its Spotter? [answered below]

@Radar_X @iKami

C'mon guys, how about an answer?

The wiki has not been able to keep up with the changes to Catapult Fighters.  A new variable — number of fighters per launch — as been added, and the numbers of charges and cooldown times have changed.  Essentially, everything has changed.

Is there a central source of data, or do we have to look at every single bloody ship to find out?  (You know, if we could see details of ships in the tech tree, this would be much easier.)

Here's a database of ships known to have Catapult fighters.  All ships (save Musashi) have the same duration and cooldowns.  They vary by the number of fighters per group and the number of charges, with no pattern that I can discern.  Any updates would be appreciated.  (Ships known not to have fighters are in the table, but hidden.)

Update: Catapult Fighters nearly complete.  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Catapult_Fighter_Data

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF2]
Members
3,706 posts
15,408 battles
24 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Do all durations and cooldowns remain as they are? 

Mushi is in the tables.  I presume the 5/6 charges and the odd cooldown remain as is?  Perth is not unique in the tables.  What is special about its Spotter?

@Radar_X @iKami

Of course they announce this after we finish respeccing captains with superintendent … 

Nice WG … real NICE

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,323 battles

But using superintendent will still yield 5 repair part II on my Massachusetts I'm guessing and hoping.

Edited by slokill_1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
12 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Perth's spotter is super long duration, isn't it?

Perth's Spotter Plane II values:

+20% main battery range

180 seconds action time

240 seconds reload time

4 charges

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KAPPA]
Members
1,388 posts
6,382 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

No, that's the "Creeping" Smoke Generator.  Perth's Spotter Plane II values:

+20% main battery range

180 seconds action time

240 seconds reload time

4 charges

Isn't the standard duration 120?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
9 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Isn't the standard duration 120?

It appears the WoWS wiki is wrong.

Perth 180 seconds.

Duca D'Aosta 100 seconds

Leander 100 seconds.

u9lo8PY.jpg

13 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

WHAT?!  Halsey said he likes having 5 repair party II on his Massachusetts.  You're telling me that's gonna change?

It's specifically about Spotting Aircraft consumable, the thread title makes it sound more widespread of a change affecting all consumables, it isn't.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-083-the-victory/

"Update 0.8.3 sees the parameters of the Spotting Aircraft consumable become unified: all ships will have 3 charges for standard consumables, and 4 for enhanced consumables. The special consumable settings for cruiser flag_Commonwealth_abdc3eb3f8c9b1c0421b3apremium_7ca1d32231aa1e03cc8c292ae268c631VI Perth and battleship flag_Japan_740b57e1da9b5d3fe46b61e09e3dcpremium_65cf64bd7296cfa9dcf38bf869d5cfc9IX Musashi have been preserved. These changes are intended to bring this consumable into line and unify it across various ships.

The duration of the Fighter consumable on Japanese battleship Musashi has been increased from 60 to 80 seconds. Prior to the updated aircraft carrier gameplay, fighters taking off from Musashi were different from those of other battleships. This can now be stated again about Musashi's consumable."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KAPPA]
Members
1,388 posts
6,382 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Perth 180 seconds.

Duca D'Aosta 100 seconds

Leander 100 seconds.

It's one of those lesser known yet useful things about a ship. Such as Salem's DD dam con, Musashi's super planes, etc.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles
36 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The wiki is wrong.  That's what I'm trying t fix.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles
3 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So overall... is this a good thing or a bad thing? 

Can't tell until we know what the change is.  For Musashi, it seems to be a good thing.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles

Okay, here's another question.  Why are some cooldown times weird?

image.png.232f25d56ab02ecc002989af0116cce7.png

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Okay, here's another question.  Why are some cooldown times weird?

image.png.232f25d56ab02ecc002989af0116cce7.png

Catapult Fighter I / II cooldowns from my port values:

North Carolina 135 / 90

Buffalo 135 / 90

LOLORADO 135 / 90

Baltimore 135 / 90

NOLA 135 / 90

Pepsi~Cola 135 / 90

My guess is wherever the source from Pensacola, NOLA, Buffalo was pulled from probably had something like Jack of All Trades trait or November Foxtrot signal flag on.  Those 2 will reduce all consumable cooldowns.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles
14 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

My guess is wherever the source from Pensacola, NOLA, Buffalo was pulled from probably had something like Jack of All Trades trait or November Foxtrot signal flag on.  Those 2 will reduce all consumable cooldowns. 

Bingo.  I had looked closer at Buffalo.  Commander has no skilz.  But I missed that Nov. Foxtrot is mounted.  Thanks.

BTW, the new Spotter Aircraft page is up.   The changes rather simplified it.   http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Spotting_Aircraft_Data

The Catapult Fighter page is still a disaster, though I've started to make some changes.

Update:  Page is up to date for the data that I have.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles

Complete database of what we don't know about Catapult Fighter-capable ships has been added to the OP.

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles

Another question:  What fighters do the ships mount?

All fighters the same (doubtful)?  Same tier as the ship?  Vary by ship?  Where in the interface could we look this up?

[LEGIT]
Members
1,861 posts
26,323 battles
23 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's specifically about Spotting Aircraft consumable, the thread title makes it sound more widespread of a change affecting all consumables, it isn't.

Thank you for clarifying.  One of my ships used to have like 7 fighter consumables.  And even in a 20 min. game I think it would be impossible to use them all given the cool down periods.

Edited by slokill_1

[WOLF9]
Members
10,236 posts
4,366 battles
7 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Thank you for clarifying.  One of my ships used to have like 7 fighter consumables.  And even in a 20 min. game I think it would be impossible to use them all given the cool down periods.

Catapult fighters were a mess.  Now ALL fighter-capable ships have a base charge of 2.  Wiki update almost complete.  Se the link in the OP.

Edited by iDuckman

Sign in to follow this