You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles

Ok, I understand that in order to get a good amount of xp you have to get an array of ribbons and deal a good amount of damage. What I don't understand is that I do those very things and yet I still get crapxp. I've played matches before where I did far less, yet still got better rewards. I've never minded having to grind to get through the tech tree, but I've gotten so close to just stop trying because I have matches like this that makes it take Forever to climb up. I still remember how many matches I had to play just to reach Kongo and Myoko. Not to mention the even slower crawl to New Mexico. I've always tried so hard to get as much xp as I can that I don't even play the game anymore, I just play to get damage just so I can get decent progress on a battleship or cruiser that I don't even like playing. I know part of it is just my capabilities as a player, but it isn't always just me. In that match I was the one who had received the most xp for my team, so everyone else on my team, whether the did damage or not, practically received no rewards. That's not even the first match I've seen like that. I've noticed that many matches I've played the most a team would get is around 9-800 xp. How does anyone make progress with that? Even when I do get above 1500 base xp I still feel like I never really got much further. Sure it wouldnt take too long to reach a 100k xp or so to get to your next ship (especially when you have premium), but thats not even including the hulls you have to research, or the other modules just so you can play the ship where it can actually be effective. All I'm trying to get at is that the xp system never seems consistent, and in the end gives so little progress, especially when it comes to new comers trying to get to their ideal ships. If there is any advice on this I am happy to listen.

20190423_185156.jpg

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles

Show us the damage distribution tab. The 3rd tab. 947XP in a loss is pretty usual. Less than 500XP is questionable to what you were doing (unless the whole team just collapses).  what I said here relates to base XP

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,500 posts
6,886 battles

1st page of the results are meaningless as they don't tell the whole story.

You need the details page to show what ships were damaged by you.

[GT99]
Members
614 posts
8,683 battles

It's complicated I think, I have had more than that in a T8 game with less work on a loss, sorry just babbling cause I don't have an answer to that.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,932 posts
8,256 battles

Don't be in such a screaming hurry to reach the next ship. The game isn't all about who can get to T10 in everything the fastest.

If you badly want to get through something that's proving difficult, start on the first of the month and divide the required XP by either thirty or sixty (depending on what size of chunk you want to handle) and work on earning that every day for a month or two. Depending on how much playing time you have, do the same with a couple of others. That way you stop playing any particular ship on any given night long before it frustrates you.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
962 posts
15,082 battles

947 suggests that not only did you remove the perma camo that comes with the Atago, but you also didn't bother equipping a single economic flag.

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles
6 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

947 suggests that not only did you remove the perma camo that comes with the Atago, but you also didn't bother equipping a single economic flag.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter. While it is decently easy to get flags and camos, you shouldn't have to rely on them just to make decent xp. I'm just talking more about the actual base xp players get from battles

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles
2 minutes ago, SteelShadow105 said:

Yeah, but that doesn't matter. While it is decently easy to get flags and camos, you shouldn't have to rely on them just to make decent xp. I'm just talking more about the actual base xp players get from battles

Post the damage distribution page, like I and vader mentioned.

We can guess, you targeted mostly BBs. 

Then read what I linked from the Wikia here, in the last few posts. Itll make more sense then. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma
  • Cool 1

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles
35 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

1st page of the results are meaningless as they don't tell the whole story.

You need the details page to show what ships were damaged by you.

I didn't think about taking a pic of that. Is there a way I can still look that up? I do recall dealing atleast 10k plus damage to 5 different ships, torp damage was about 34k for all 3. Most of my damage went to destroying the Gneisenau who I killed with torps right after he got me

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
962 posts
15,082 battles
4 minutes ago, SteelShadow105 said:

Is there a way I can still look that up?

As long as you haven't closed the client since then, you can find your previous battles with the info button in the lower right corner of the port screen.

[A-O]
Members
681 posts
6,764 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelShadow105 said:

I didn't think about taking a pic of that. Is there a way I can still look that up? I do recall dealing atleast 10k plus damage to 5 different ships, torp damage was about 34k for all 3. Most of my damage went to destroying the Gneisenau who I killed with torps right after he got me

Does the game replay store the stats pages ? If so you could fast forward thru it.

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles
4 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

As long as you haven't closed the client since then, you can find your previous battles with the info button in the lower right corner of the port screen.

Very nice, you learn something new everyday : )

20190423_203458.jpg

[TDRB]
Members
2,983 posts
8,958 battles
14 minutes ago, SteelShadow105 said:

Maybe you shouldn't but in this game camos & flags are almost a necessity above T6 or T7 to earn decent XP in a loss.

[WOLF6]
Members
769 posts
4,898 battles

Just a guess but the majority of your damage was to lower tier ships.   That could be a cause for the low XP

you get more XP for percent damage done to a ship.  So 10000xp damage done to a DD > 10000xp done to a cruiser or battleship.

You also get more XP for damage done to a higher tier ship.

Beta Testers
5 posts
2,956 battles

Ok now this we can work with.

Things that decreased your xp yield

• you lost (winning team gets a +50% xp or something[I'm not talking about the first win bonus])
  • you get less xp for damage to lower tier ships (only 15k damage to ships of your tier)
  • it seems you only fired one AP shell. You should have been firing AP at the two cruisers (Atago straddles the line between battlecruiser and torpedo cruiser)
  • Just guessing, you didn't have the camo or any flags equipped.

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles

I guess it does just depend on who you shoot and if you win because I got base xp of 1963 (I did use the perma camo this time). Less damage and roughly same ribbons yet way more xp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20190423_213804.jpg

20190423_213813.jpg

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles
56 minutes ago, kunaiguy said:

Ok now this we can work with.

Things that decreased your xp yield

• you lost (winning team gets a +50% xp or something[I'm not talking about the first win bonus])
  • you get less xp for damage to lower tier ships (only 15k damage to ships of your tier)
  • it seems you only fired one AP shell. You should have been firing AP at the two cruisers (Atago straddles the line between battlecruiser and torpedo cruiser)
  • Just guessing, you didn't have the camo or any flags equipped.

Believe me, I wanted to shoot ap, but when I did have it loaded the Nurnberg turned and stayed angled and I had a Arizona coming my way so I said [edited] and switched back to HE. Because I was firing HE for the 2 BBs, when ever he did turn for the last run, I just burnt him down and put one last salvo to kill him off. And yes I just didnt care to put it on since I don't care to get xp on Atago. boi ain't got no doubloons to transfer that xp

Also love that profile pic btw

Edited by SteelShadow105
Added something

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,120 posts
11,124 battles

XP is awarded based on relative tier, and percentage of a targets health done in damage. Plus bonuses for winning, flags, camos, premium time, ect...

So equal or higher tier ships with low max health pools will net you more XP per shot that shooting at a battleship with a massive health pool that's two tiers lower than you.

That destroyer in the second match was worth a fair amount of XP even being 2 tiers down, thanks to it's tiny health pool (you did 40% or so of it's health)

[THEM]
Members
38 posts
2,034 battles
3 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

XP is awarded based on relative tier, and percentage of a targets health done in damage. Plus bonuses for winning, flags, camos, premium time, ect...

So equal or higher tier ships with low max health pools will net you more XP per shot that shooting at a battleship with a massive health pool that's two tiers lower than you.

That destroyer in the second match was worth a fair amount of XP even being 2 tiers down, thanks to it's tiny health pool (you did 40% or so of it's health)

Yeah that was from just one full salvo (guess he though it was smart to stay and sit in smoke with 3 warships closing in on him), and most of that kaga was just burn damage. Guess Ill have to try to look at aiming at that rather than just finding a farming health pool.