Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HansiSolo

No CV adjustments in 8.3?!?

105 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

115
[KSF]
Members
47 posts
6,217 battles

People are complaining relentlessly regarding the CV rework. The chats in the games are getting more toxic regarding CVs from day to day.

And what is WG doing? Nothing, nada, niente.

Thats it for me, I refuse to play this game any longer until this unfun gameplay is fixed.

  • Cool 12
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,856
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,820 posts
12,557 battles

Hmm... I seem to be having lots of fun. So..... 

Youtube GIF

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,099
Members
2,620 posts
9,815 battles

CVs are fine.  Take it from someone who prefers to play other classes.  WG thinks so as well.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,791
-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

For this particular update, the following changes have been made:

Aircraft Carrier Improvements

We are working on performance in battle. So, in this version we have improved the game's performance when you play on an aircraft carrier by optimizing the interface for some computer configurations.

The India Delta signal will increase the efficiency of the Repair consumable for squadrons by 5%. The descriptions of the Victor Lima and Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals are going to be further clarified in relation to their impact on aircraft torpedoes.

 

We also announced a delay for launching planes based on your Tier coming in a near future update in an effort to affect the early influence they have.  Once we've done a bit more testing with this change, it will roll out to everyone.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
312
[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,697 battles
10 minutes ago, HansiSolo said:

People are complaining relentlessly regarding the CV rework. The chats in the games are getting more toxic regarding CVs from day to day.

And what is WG doing? Nothing, nada, niente.

Thats it for me, I refuse to play this game any longer until this unfun gameplay is fixed.

 

dont-let-the-door-hit-you-on-the-way-out-gif-11.gif

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,882
[HINON]
Members
11,223 posts

The Century Hawk does just fine against carrier borne aircraft using its quad bofors mounted on its dorsal and ventral sides and you can throw them off by successfully navigating a smokescreen. I won't tell you the odds @HansiSolo of surviving a direct attack against an Alldestroyer though.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[FC]
Members
3 posts
3,059 battles
6 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

For this particular update, the following changes have been made:

Aircraft Carrier Improvements

We are working on performance in battle. So, in this version we have improved the game's performance when you play on an aircraft carrier by optimizing the interface for some computer configurations.

The India Delta signal will increase the efficiency of the Repair consumable for squadrons by 5%. The descriptions of the Victor Lima and Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals are going to be further clarified in relation to their impact on aircraft torpedoes.

 

We also announced a delay for launching planes based on your Tier coming in a near future update in an effort to affect the early influence they have.  Once we've done a bit more testing with this change it will roll out to everyone

You guys Keep using the word "improvement" in the posts where you talk about the launch delay so im not sure you know what the word means

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
218
[WOLFC]
Members
617 posts
5,104 battles
22 minutes ago, HansiSolo said:

People are complaining relentlessly regarding the CV rework. The chats in the games are getting more toxic regarding CVs from day to day.

And what is WG doing? Nothing, nada, niente.

Thats it for me, I refuse to play this game any longer until this unfun gameplay is fixed.

*Notes long list of changes that have been made since 8.0, the majority of which have negatively affected CVs*

Umm... Okay?

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
432
[IXM]
Members
500 posts
2,549 battles

Unfortunately OP, you're complaining on the wrong forums, Reddit is that way >>>>>>>>>

I agree though. This is the #1 biggest problem in the game by far, but WG will leave it alone and hope people forget about it.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
572
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,755 posts
18,180 battles
25 minutes ago, HansiSolo said:

Thats it for me, I refuse to play this game any longer until this unfun gameplay is fixed.

I refuse to believe this until you send me your stuff.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
355 posts
4,658 battles

CV's suck but WG rolled em out to make more money on all the morons that think CV's should be in a Ship game rather than world of warplanes AND some ships which this has become. 

Now they want to roll out more premiums with RU. Typical RU money grab like all the other RU gaming companies. They listen huh huh but won't change or segment CVs into a different mode SO THE CUSTOMER CAN CHOOSE which cluster [edited] to choose from.. Oh well, the lifers will man the lifeboats. 

GL. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,638
[TARK]
Members
3,319 posts
1,438 battles
10 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

CV's suck but WG rolled em out to make more money on all the morons that think CV's should be in a Ship game rather than world of warplanes AND some ships which this has become. 

Now they want to roll out more premiums with RU. Typical RU money grab like all the other RU gaming companies. They listen huh huh but won't change or segment CVs into a different mode SO THE CUSTOMER CAN CHOOSE which cluster [edited] to choose from.. Oh well, the lifers will man the lifeboats. 

GL. 

Looks at post...

Reviews 20th century naval combat...

Looks at post again...

Seriously bro? You think airplanes arent part of naval combat?

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,134
[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
46 minutes ago, HansiSolo said:

People are complaining relentlessly regarding the CV rework. The chats in the games are getting more toxic regarding CVs from day to day.

And what is WG doing? Nothing, nada, niente.

Thats it for me, I refuse to play this game any longer until this unfun gameplay is fixed.

See ya.  I find the game play just fine, whether I'm playing CVs or not.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,134
[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
22 minutes ago, Vector03 said:

Unfortunately OP, you're complaining on the wrong forums, Reddit is that way >>>>>>>>>

I agree though. This is the #1 biggest problem in the game by far, but WG will leave it alone and hope people forget about it.

Or maybe WG doesn't want to make changes in such a rush.  Seriously, what it is about people who think that it's a good idea to make such serious changes in a huge hurry?  I think that these dopes must have never worked a day in their lives as programmers or software engineers, and don't understand the consequences of trying to change software in too big a hurry.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,383
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,734 posts
18 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

CV's suck but WG rolled em out to make more money on all the morons that think CV's should be in a Ship game rather than world of warplanes AND some ships which this has become. 

Now they want to roll out more premiums with RU. Typical RU money grab like all the other RU gaming companies. They listen huh huh but won't change or segment CVs into a different mode SO THE CUSTOMER CAN CHOOSE which cluster [edited] to choose from.. Oh well, the lifers will man the lifeboats. 

GL. 

Err, CVs were and are warships.  Some really iconic ones to boot.

Also, the game has been around for quite a long time now and they are just now rolling out the RU BB line.  There have been a whole mess of other nations lines of ships rolled out, with premiums, long before the RU BBs have finally come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
355 posts
4,658 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Err, CVs were and are warships.  Some really iconic ones to boot.

Also, the game has been around for quite a long time now and they are just now rolling out the RU BB line.  There have been a whole mess of other nations lines of ships rolled out, with premiums, long before the RU BBs have finally come along.

Really damn i never new that. You guys are such pom-pom dudes. CVs can't be balanced against all classes because guess what they have AIRPLANES. They can run and not get shot at and launch to their hearts content. And while they don't prema spot it is still pretty damn close and not what i would call fun in a DD or hell most ships that aren't AA queens. Even the AA queens are usually not that effective. 

I could care less, my wallet is closed like many have already posted up here. Someone turn the lights out. 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
59 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

For this particular update, the following changes have been made:

Aircraft Carrier Improvements

We are working on performance in battle. So, in this version we have improved the game's performance when you play on an aircraft carrier by optimizing the interface for some computer configurations.

The India Delta signal will increase the efficiency of the Repair consumable for squadrons by 5%. The descriptions of the Victor Lima and Juliet Whiskey Unaone signals are going to be further clarified in relation to their impact on aircraft torpedoes.

 

We also announced a delay for launching planes based on your Tier coming in a near future update in an effort to affect the early influence they have.  Once we've done a bit more testing with this change, it will roll out to everyone.

Let me say thats 10 times.

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

Thats a terrible ideia (45seconds)

30seconds? errr... bad, but its ok, 45 seconds its a lot.

"but a bb can shoot only in 30seconds" yep, and the sheel fly at 900m/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,425 battles
5 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

 

"but a bb can shoot only in 30seconds" yep, and the sheel fly at 900m/s

The basically map wide spotting at the beginning of the game makes the game mostly dysfunctional and inherently blobby.  This doesn't really stop that.  But it's in the right direction as a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny start.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[GT99]
Members
614 posts
8,691 battles

CVs seem to be fine, except those darn rockets from Midway planes, 10K rips every time from my cruiser when they make contact, might as well have been broadside to somebody. And they can chase be all game till I am dead if they want, just means they aren't chasing somebody else that may contribute more. It has its ups and downs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[REVY]
Members
402 posts
5,784 battles
31 minutes ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

And while they don't prema spot it is still pretty damn close and not what i would call fun in a DD or hell most ships that aren't AA queens.

Yet when the DD perma-spots someone else that's totally okay. Not what I would call fun in a BB or hell, most ships that aren't concealment queens.

Edited by KelesK
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
625
[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,425 battles
1 minute ago, KelesK said:

Yet when the DD perma-spots someone else that's totally okay.

If a DD spots you, you know he's there.  You can either charge him or run from him.  A DD out alone on flank is a tasty treat for a radar humping CA looking for something to eat.  At least, that's the thought anyway.  If the DD can permaspot without risking anything,  that's a good indicator that you need to move. 

These things are what we counters.  It's not a new concept in game development.  But apparently someone at WG forgot all about them.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36
Members
96 posts
12,252 battles
58 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Looks at post...

Reviews 20th century naval combat...

Looks at post again...

Seriously bro? You think airplanes arent part of naval combat?

Airplanes didn't have and don't have near-unlimited fuel to spot every enemy ship in the sea. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,638
[TARK]
Members
3,319 posts
1,438 battles
20 minutes ago, Jaaag said:

Airplanes didn't have and don't have near-unlimited fuel to spot every enemy ship in the sea. 

The sea isnt an arbitrarily determined 30 square kilometers...

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×