You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

I can see the clan treasury being abused.

48 comments in this topic

Members
367 posts

Have seen it before in other games. Leaders and officers playing favorites among themselves and others. Not saying it will happen here, but I can see this becoming a hot issue in clans if it does. 

• Cool 8

[AE86]
Members
49 posts
8,193 battles
2 minutes ago, Venac said:

Have seen it before in other games. Leaders and officers playing favorites among themselves and others. Not saying it will happen here, but I can see this becoming a hot issue in clans if it does. 

That's why you still haven't joined a clan?

Members
367 posts
Just now, Chatbanned_Noviolation said:

That's why you still haven't joined a clan?

No, I have not joined a clan over the fact I go to sea a lot and I am gone for months. 

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
9,556 posts
11,477 battles

What resources will the Treasury be distributing and how will the resources be placed in treasury in the first place?

[AE86]
Members
49 posts
8,193 battles
Just now, Venac said:

No, I have not joined a clan over the fact I go to sea a lot and I am gone for months. 

Then you have no need to worry. People will figure it out eventually.

• Boring 1

Members
1,450 posts
10,439 battles

I certainly hope so....it looks like it invites abuse and I'll be the first to exploit that if I can get away with it.

• Funny 1

[NH]
Members
761 posts

This kind of thing has been abused in every game its been added to. It will cause nothing but headaches and drama. Wargaming will be getting tickets for sure from people that feel like they have been wronged. 

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What resources will the Treasury be distributing and how will the resources be placed in treasury in the first place?

Steel, Coal, and Doubloons will be deposited based on the performance of Clan Battles and up to the leaders of those clans to distribute.  It is important you join clans with leadership you trust as we will not involve ourselves in disputes over reward distribution (unless it's activity that violates our rules).   Do keep in mind this does not in any way impact your Clan Battle reward received.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
2,858 posts
12,043 battles

Thats fine.  Karma will have her day.

A leader of a clan so short sighted to screw members on this will not have a clan left.  Successful clans will not go down that road.

• Cool 4

[NH]
Members
761 posts
Just now, USMC2145 said:

Saw this type of thing create major headaches in World of Warcraft. 

Nobody liked it there either besides the clan leaders who cleaned out the bank one day. Not even sure why this is needed in WoWS unless they are planning on turning CO-OP into some sort of raid events.

[A-CUP]
Members
1,017 posts
8,111 battles

Im 100% sure that sooner or later there will massive complaints about the abusing of Treasuary.. I have Seen this in my MMO RPG clans and any game that a clan or guild vault.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,556 posts
11,477 battles
Just now, Radar_X said:

Steel, Coal, and Doubloons will be deposited based on the performance of Clan Battles and up to the leaders of those clans to distribute.  It is important you join clans with leadership you trust as we will not involve ourselves in disputes over reward distribution (unless it's activity that violates our rules).   Do keep in mind this does not in any way impact your individual contribution reward received.

Ok thanks, I have pretty good group of guys in my clan, but have been in clans in other games where an officer went renagade suddenly out of the blue and did a lot of damage. So I make sure I have at least a small amount of insurance just in case because you never know, somebody could sustain IRL injuries or something that make them go crazy temporarily or somethIng.

So Having the treasury be something that is in addition to what we earn Personally is very good idea for Wargaming to do and I approve of it.

• Boring 1

[NH]
Members
761 posts
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ok thanks, I have pretty good group of guys in my clan, but have been in clans in other games where an officer went renagade suddenly out of the blue and did a lot of damage. So I make sure I have at least a small amount of insurance just in case because you never know, somebody could sustain IRL injuries or something that make them go crazy temporarily or somethIng.

So Having the treasury be something that is in addition to what we earn Personally is very good idea for Wargaming to do and I approve of it.

Its not even a rare occurrence. It happens in pretty much every MMO guild/clan I've been in.

• Boring 1

Members
367 posts
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

A leader of a clan so short sighted to screw members on this will not have a clan left.  Successful clans will not go down that road.

Even with very honest leaders this type of system can create problems. There will always be players who feel the deserved something over who got it. Then you get internal bickering over the stuff. This happened in Warcraft. Just look at the forums here and how players fight over who gets what in game. 

• Boring 1

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles
9 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Pretty much this ^ 

Pretty much the only rewards worth talking about will be going to top clans. Those that are getting the rewards aren’t going to shoot themselves in the foot for future rewards.

Edited by JustAdapt
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,556 posts
11,477 battles
2 minutes ago, Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire said:

Its not even a rare occurrence. It happens in pretty much every MMO guild/clan I've been in.

Guess I have had good fortune and good taste in selecting clans in my games, since the clans I finally settle down with tend to be very good as far as the personalities of the players.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

It's hard to not have credits in this game. I have had at least 1000% more credits in WoWS than in WoT.

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles

It will only be abused once.  Anything beyond that and anyone that sticks around in that clan and it is their own fault at that point

Members
925 posts
1 minute ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

It will only be abused once.  Anything beyond that and anyone that sticks around in that clan and it is their own fault at that point

It is not just abuse that creates problems, but animosity among clan members who feel they should get something over someone else. 

• Cool 1

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
1 minute ago, SteelClaw said:

It is not just abuse that creates problems, but animosity among clan members who feel they should get something over someone else. 

That will be the biggest and more difficult problem.  Most likely the rewards are going to be pretty small and the likelyhood of unanimous consensus on who gets the rewards is very slim.  

Commanders will need to make it clear that reward will go to highest contributors in order, alphabetical, seniority, tallest to shortest, vote or whatever they want just make it clear black and white to avoid the butthurt.   

Members
1,450 posts
10,439 battles
31 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Steel, Coal, and Doubloons will be deposited based on the performance of Clan Battles and up to the leaders of those clans to distribute.  It is important you join clans with leadership you trust as we will not involve ourselves in disputes over reward distribution (unless it's activity that violates our rules).   Do keep in mind this does not in any way impact your Clan Battle reward received.

you've foiled my nefarious plan!....we don't do CB in the JSRF....

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
21,301 battles

I think for a huge majority of players, the Treasury will just be a nothing building. Only the very best clans will farm any decent amount of resources with the system and we should expect some salt to flow from those. Most of the clans, especially the non competitive solo clans, won't ever have much in them to make any sort of difference for players so we probably shouldn't worry too much about abuse or looting of what is there. IMHO maybe the leaders of clans could come up with competitions to hand out what minimal resources they have to the rest of the clan. I doubt many clans will ever have more than a bit of coal and maybe a handful of the other resources available to them to deal with. What will be funny is watching the players of the better clans go into full meltdown over allocation of these resources. That will be entertaining and is probably the only positive thing about the change from my perspective. The Treasury is set up to reward the best players, watching many of them have a nervous breakdown will be fun. 

Just an aside, one way Wargaming could make Treasury more useful for most clans, would be to add the ability to exchange coal for oil. The entire clan would benefit from this one change and make the addition worth while. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[-TKS-]
Members
629 posts
9,711 battles

Only way this might not create animosity is if clan stats are turned on .  So at the very least it can go to how many games played or  performance based . need someway to judge how to give these bonuses.  

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck