Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

I Was Wondering/Hoping

5 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,598
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,010 posts

That someone might have an idea and explain it for me the Captains build for Lexington/Enterprise  since someone informed me that they are similar enuff that the captain can be used on both.   This because one of my best friends and clan mates is refraining from playing till hullabaloo has settled on the CV rework he has some idea of what's going on with them,   As I stated recently he is a CV main,   He claims not to be very good :Smile_veryhappy: I just wish more people were as thoughtful and as earnest in their desire to not be a detriment to their team as he is.  He will play only after he has a better idea whats going on and then almost entirely in Co Op till he's readjusted.   Thank You for your help:Smile_honoring:


 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles
13 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

That someone might have an idea and explain it for me the Captains build for Lexington/Enterprise  since someone informed me that they are similar enuff that the captain can be used on both.   This because one of my best friends and clan mates is refraining from playing till hullabaloo has settled on the CV rework he has some idea of what's going on with them,   As I stated recently he is a CV main,   He claims not to be very good :Smile_veryhappy: I just wish more people were as thoughtful and as earnest in their desire to not be a detriment to their team as he is.  He will play only after he has a better idea whats going on and then almost entirely in Co Op till he's readjusted.   Thank You for your help:Smile_honoring:


 

You can go with: 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=8,10,15,16,24,25,29,32&ship=AirCarrier

If you want the dispersion upgrade, it's usually not that good but then you can go with the alternate that is:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=8,10,11,16,23,24,25,29,31,32&ship=AirCarrier

This one will guarantee the most survival stats for your planes.

 

Then you can also swap some points in there for the stealth skill, not because of your planes, but because of your CV, with the stealth you can advance further to the frontline and be able to launch quick strikes instead of having to stay 20km away from the fight.

You can also swap the demolition expert if you're going for Tiny Tims since USN HE DBs and Tiny Tim attackers have high fire chance already, it's kind of an overkill to add more fire chance to what is already high...but...well...it's the only way to increase damage directly.

 

The stealth buff is also "average" for USN planes since it reduces up to 1km the detectability of aircrafts, it's not a big deal since the minimum detectability is 8km and at that distance people can dodge right away, not like IJN 6.1km.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,598
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,010 posts
21 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

You can go with: 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=8,10,15,16,24,25,29,32&ship=AirCarrier

If you want the dispersion upgrade, it's usually not that good but then you can go with the alternate that is:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=8,10,11,16,23,24,25,29,31,32&ship=AirCarrier

This one will guarantee the most survival stats for your planes.

 

Then you can also swap some points in there for the stealth skill, not because of your planes, but because of your CV, with the stealth you can advance further to the frontline and be able to launch quick strikes instead of having to stay 20km away from the fight.

You can also swap the demolition expert if you're going for Tiny Tims since USN HE DBs and Tiny Tim attackers have high fire chance already, it's kind of an overkill to add more fire chance to what is already high...but...well...it's the only way to increase damage directly.

 

The stealth buff is also "average" for USN planes since it reduces up to 1km the detectability of aircrafts, it's not a big deal since the minimum detectability is 8km and at that distance people can dodge right away, not like IJN 6.1km.

 

:Smile_great:I have looked at the captains builds and noticed with some ships there were suggested builds and others there were not,  One example is ATM anyway  Implacable,   Thank I will go back and look again

Implacable.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles
12 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:I have looked at the captains builds and noticed with some ships there were suggested builds and others there were not,  One example is ATM anyway  Implacable,   Thank I will go back and look again

Implacable.png

All the captain builds are pretty much the same for every nation, only with some small differences in term of the playstyle you're going for.

 

For RN for example, sight stabilization should be avoided like the plague since their planes doesn't suffer as much from bad aiming time like IJN or USN.

 

When building your captain, follow those "step-by-step":

 

1- Will I use Sight Stabilization or Stealth(Tier 4 skills)?

2- Will I stay around T6 for a while?

  • If yes, pick demolition expert first and then the Tier 4 captain skill, if no go for aircraft armour

3- Will I be doing quick small attacks or try to get the maximum out of a squad?

  • If you're going for quick attacks, go for all the speed buffs (T1 and T2), if not go for all the survivability buffs.

 

And that pretty much sums up all the captain skills, CV captains doesn't have much of a choice to pick, including T4 since the nerf of RDF and how awful stealth and sight stabilization is for certain nations (USN and RN), I hope they buff at least sight stabilization to make it an option for CV to pick and use up on the other skills that increases survivability.

 

I'm using this one for my IJN captain:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=10,12,15,16,24,25,32&ship=Battleship

 

But in the next free reset I'll be going with:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,11,15,16,25,29,32,34&ship=AirCarrier

While using the 4 torpedoes since I'm finding them really fun to use, it's a nice change of pace.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,598
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,010 posts
2 minutes ago, ALROCHA said:

All the captain builds are pretty much the same for every nation, only with some small differences in term of the playstyle you're going for.

 

For RN for example, sight stabilization should be avoided like the plague since their planes doesn't suffer as much from bad aiming time like IJN or USN.

 

When building your captain, follow those "step-by-step":

 

1- Will I use Sight Stabilization or Stealth(Tier 4 skills)?

2- Will I stay around T6 for a while?

  • If yes, pick demolition expert first and then the Tier 4 captain skill, if no go for aircraft armour

3- Will I be doing quick small attacks or try to get the maximum out of a squad?

  • If you're going for quick attacks, go for all the speed buffs (T1 and T2), if not go for all the survivability buffs.

 

And that pretty much sums up all the captain skills, CV captains doesn't have much of a choice to pick, including T4 since the nerf of RDF and how awful stealth and sight stabilization is for certain nations (USN and RN), I hope they buff at least sight stabilization to make it an option for CV to pick and use up on the other skills that increases survivability.

 

I'm using this one for my IJN captain:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=10,12,15,16,24,25,32&ship=Battleship

 

But in the next free reset I'll be going with:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,11,15,16,25,29,32,34&ship=AirCarrier

While using the 4 torpedoes since I'm finding them really fun to use, it's a nice change of pace.

:Smile_great:Thank You again I do appreciate this both for my part and my friend/clan mate

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×