You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

.0.8.3 Patch - your reactions?

59 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,872 posts
9,526 battles

Clan Treasury is interesting. Now anyone who wants to can help farm coal for a clanmate. Not using mine anyway, should ask clanmates if they need the coal for anything.

Surprised the planned nerf to CV (takeoff delay) isn't coming. Pretty doubtful the India Delta flag's +5% will make a significant difference unless TB already under serious fire, but if read correctly, it ups the 10%/max HP heal to 15%.

Team event sounds like fun!

Kobayashi camos are a pricier version of T10 perma camo w/ only cosmetic appearance different. Not buying!

If you ask me, an 1-click option to tell player you're chatting with "well done!" or "you sucked!" would be a nice future update.

• Funny 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,692 posts
3,560 battles

I havent read too deeply into the event, which is my main attraction of 8.3.

Having second thoughts on Yamatos Kobayashi camo. They pay that guy a buttload and he just copied the Kii camo on a Yammy. I need to see it and the new model in game before I buy. I held off the Yams permanent camo BC of this, but I may end up getting it if the model looks good and Kobayashi looks bad. 2k extra doubloons isnt the worst it could be. 

Dont really care about Neutrashimy, but I am worried about potential standards it might set for Georgia

[PHASE]
Members
4,754 posts
16,162 battles
2 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I havent read too deeply into the event, which is my main attraction of 8.3.

Having second thoughts on Yamatos Kobayashi camo. They pay that guy a buttload and he just copied the Kii camo on a Yammy. I need to see it and the new model in game before I buy. I held off the Yams permanent camo BC of this, but I may end up getting it if the model looks good and Kobayashi looks bad. 2k extra doubloons isnt the worst it could be. 

Dont really care about Neutrashimy, but I am worried about potential standards it might set for Georgia

I guess it is all relative, I payed 2k for that awesome tropical camo for my Atago. 8k for any camo seems very high,  but maybe those on the Asian servers love this stuff and several thousand will buy it?....It can't hurt to have as many options for revenue as possible.

If they made a ship/camo that was named after my hometown or state I would drop a ton to have it. Fortunately attack transports aren't in the game so I don't have to worry about premium camo for it.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles

My reaction for the patch?  Let's kick off the start of RU BB Line!

g3f12gZ.jpg

Also happy for more Azure Lane stuff.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
11,254 posts
20,261 battles

My reaction?

Will I be able to play without accidentally stumbling into getting the RU battleships.

Can’t use ImpNik or Red October worth a damn, so why should I think I’ll be any good with the others? Especially considering their wonky gimmick?

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
20 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Clan Treasury is interesting. Now anyone who wants to can help farm coal for a clanmate. Not using mine anyway, should ask clanmates if they need the coal for anything.

Surprised the planned nerf to CV (takeoff delay) isn't coming. Pretty doubtful the India Delta flag's +5% will make a significant difference unless TB already under serious fire, but if read correctly, it ups the 10%/max HP heal to 15%.

Team event sounds like fun!

Kobayashi camos are a pricier version of T10 perma camo w/ only cosmetic appearance different. Not buying!

If you ask me, an 1-click option to tell player you're chatting with "well done!" or "you sucked!" would be a nice future update.

The Clan Treasury is outside of personal earnings. The Clan getting to a particular league gives your Clan more coal and/or steel.

[PHASE]
Members
4,754 posts
16,162 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

My reaction for the patch?  Let's kick off the start of RU BB Line!

g3f12gZ.jpg

Agreed, the last patch has been a rough, time for some Rachmaninoff and 

See the source image

Edited by Sweetsie
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
5,043 posts
15,593 battles

My reaction ?

Time to acknowledge Russian bias is strong  Conrad. Pride is strong, the deterioration of the game is going as schedule Conrad.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles
34 minutes ago, Reymu said:

While just announced this weekend, this change still requires some testing and will be part of a future update. 

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
1,502 posts
8,767 battles
38 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Read the notes carefully.  The only current way for the treasury to earn steel and coal is through clan battles.  And only the best clans in the world are going to earn more than a couple thousand steel total and 10-20k coal.

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
314 posts
12,207 battles

Updates should be more focused on the amount of skilled players in conjunction with match making. I'm extremely tired of lopsided blowouts wins and losses and hardly see any games going 20 minutes anymore.

Members
4,707 posts
7,771 battles
10 minutes ago, FiveStarMojo said:

Updates should be more focused on the amount of skilled players in conjunction with match making. I'm extremely tired of lopsided blowouts wins and losses and hardly see any games going 20 minutes anymore.

Most games when I started 4 years ago didn't go 20 minutes and I don't think much has changed in the number of games that go 20 minutes now.  I do know more and more games are going to 5 on 5 or 5 on 3 then in the past.  Hell I had a game last night where at 15 minutes in - neither team had more than 350 points.  We had less ships and more points due to our caps.  We eventually lost but I don't remember a time when that happened in my 6K games.  I am seeing more game won and lost on caps and that is how it should be.

• Cool 1

[STW-M]
Members
3,328 posts
7,825 battles

Until WG fixes the issues that make it impossible for people on Macs to do PvP and operations without crashing every battle or so, my reaction will at best remain ambivalent.

• Cool 4

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,574 battles

I'm curious about trying the new BBs and the new yamato model update may give me a reason to get her (I have a amagi but I have yet to by her)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,815 posts
12,548 battles

Another line is always welcome for me. That is a BB line is extra special. 64bit is also sweet!

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
314 posts
12,207 battles
6 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Most games when I started 4 years ago didn't go 20 minutes and I don't think much has changed in the number of games that go 20 minutes now.  I do know more and more games are going to 5 on 5 or 5 on 3 then in the past.  Hell I had a game last night where at 15 minutes in - neither team had more than 350 points.  We had less ships and more points due to our caps.  We eventually lost but I don't remember a time when that happened in my 6K games.  I am seeing more game won and lost on caps and that is how it should be.

Me and my clanmates were discussing this last night and the games are generally more one-sided and shorter than they used to be. I asked Notser the same thing today on Twitch and he agreed that it's been that way for about the last 6 months. The games that he was in that I watched were 600 point margin blowouts which is the same thing I am seeing in my games. It's just a coinflip if you are on the right team despite coming in top 3 over and over.

It's not a question of caps or game mode, it's just a pile of unskilled players on one team dying really fast compared to the skilled players on the other team.

Edited by FiveStarMojo

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,195 posts
6,018 battles

hope the crates are not overpriced AGAIN.

i hope the azur lane ships and commanders are not overpriced AGAIN.

i hope the chance to get early access on RU BBs are not 0,0001% AGAIN.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,561 posts
11,478 battles

All I want out of this update is the game bugs for MAC users to be patched so Random battles and Scenerio battles will be able to be played again.

I have No interest at all in the completely fake line of RU BBs.

Azure Lane might be nice since often good to get extra captains and Camo.

The overpriced premium Camo for tier X, not a chance I will be getting that since my Doubloons are far too hard to come by and reserved for premium ships.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,701 posts
7,500 battles

Just be very glad and happy that the clan treasury is just coal and or steel and NOT GOLD like it was in WOT....some of us with vast past experience/clan experience in WOT could relay some stories about clan treasuries being pillaged that would send chills down your spine.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,872 posts
9,526 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

The Clan Treasury is outside of personal earnings. The Clan getting to a particular league gives your Clan more coal and/or steel.

1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Read the notes carefully.  The only current way for the treasury to earn steel and coal is through clan battles.  And only the best clans in the world are going to earn more than a couple thousand steel total and 10-20k coal.

Should have added, if there's major outcry from the non-CB clans, WG may have to consider letting Treasury get coal from personal earnings

That said, see so many lone wolves it's gonna take a lottery win for that to happen.

1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

While just announced this weekend, this change still requires some testing and will be part of a future update. 

I would recommend putting that on the SI captain skill just for better utility. Played Midway/Haku/Hermes/Furious in regular account and Ryujo/Ranger on test server, so as a CV casual, seems reasonable.

At some point, I'd also ask looking into a conditional nerf to CV (increase base detection by 2km or so) if it's the last ship, as in those cases, often the CV is the only ship left on that team and usually the match's already decided.

[ICBM]
Members
598 posts
12,661 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

Agreed, the last patch has been a rough, time for some Rachmaninoff and 

See the source image

Agreed...