You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JdeMolay

WG You just don't get it do you?

40 comments in this topic

[KSE]
Beta Testers
392 posts
13,415 battles

I just returned to play today after a month break from this world of warplanes version and found 4 cv's in 84% of the games( 14 games and only two did not have 4 cv's). You just seemed determined to completely alienate 80% of your player base to please 20%. Good luck with making a go of it with the 20%. I'll take another break and yes for all you who think running off players is good, I won't let the door hit me in the stern.

• Cool 31
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 11
  • Angry 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,659 posts
1 minute ago, JdeMolay said:

I just returned to play today after a month break from this world of warplanes version and found 4 cv's in 84% of the games( 14 games and only two did not have 4 cv's). You just seemed determined to completely alienate 80% of your player base to please 20%. Good luck with making a go of it with the 20%. I'll take another break and yes for all you who think running off players is good, I won't let the door hit me in the stern.

The game is and will be fine.  See radar.  See you when you get back and have a good break.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts

Four !  Seriously, at what level???  What the heck were you playing???  I'm not one that needs proof but, geeze Marie, if you have a screen shot I'd love to see that !  I've never seen 4 and two is a mess.....  WoW.....

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
Just now, Asym_KS said:

Four !  Seriously, at what level???  What the heck were you playing???  I'm not one that needs proof but, geeze Marie, if you have a screen shot I'd love to see that !  I've never seen 4 and two is a mess.....  WoW.....

He means 2 per side.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,688 posts
3,560 battles

Why the need to discriminate against a ship class? It's always gonna be a part of the game because frankly it's too late to remove it. 

Sorry to see you go because you cant cope with AA and aircraft. Best of luck in your future endeavors 

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts
Just now, Burnsy said:

He means 2 per side.

OK, I appreciate the call to re enter the atmosphere....  I hate 2 per side and I've heard that there can be ever more......  I wonder, if we can run out of AA ammo?  Thanks.

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
Just now, Asym_KS said:

OK, I appreciate the call to re enter the atmosphere....  I hate 2 per side and I've heard that there can be ever more......  I wonder, if we can run out of AA ammo?  Thanks.

T10 now has a soft cap on it.

No, you cannot.

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
279 posts
4,773 battles

CVs have been in game a very long time. You just never had to deal with them because very few people could actually play them. That has all changed and so now you will see them pretty frequently. The multiple per team thing should slow down as the premium craze wears off. Check back in a month or so after the next round of nerfs happen. 

• Cool 2

Members
2,613 posts
9,805 battles
13 minutes ago, Cakeman826 said:

CVs have been in game a very long time. You just never had to deal with them because very few people could actually play them.

@JdeMolay what this guy said exactly.  I have no issues with CVs in game, and I am not much of a CV player.  I had couple of hundred games in CVs post rework, just enough to get an understanding on how the class works, but I find other ship classes more enjoyable to play.

[HINON]
Members
11,212 posts

So basically the OP comes back after premium CVs are rereleased and is surprised by how many are in matches?

• Cool 1

Members
10 posts
6,142 battles

I came back after a 90 day hiatus, played about 10 matches, and got tired quickly of being target practice late in the game for the usual 2 CVs vs my BB. I guess the last question I have for WoW is when can I expect to be assigned the necessary missile cruiser and screening subs to play this new water-based aviation game? 8.4?   

[WORX]
Members
5,037 posts
15,593 battles
2 minutes ago, Tildeb said:

played about 10 matches, and got tired quickly of being target practice late in the game for the usual 2 CVs vs my BB.

Um, I guess you never paid attention to naval history or know of any naval battles before?

I dont think CV are targeting your BB on purpose... I must think they're targeting you for opportunity.... I know for a fact if you're with a cruiser, those CVs wouldn't target you

1,565 posts
10,707 battles
9 minutes ago, Tildeb said:

I came back after a 90 day hiatus, played about 10 matches, and got tired quickly of being target practice late in the game for the usual 2 CVs vs my BB. I guess the last question I have for WoW is when can I expect to be assigned the necessary missile cruiser and screening subs to play this new water-based aviation game? 8.4?   

9.8 if you're lucky.:cap_haloween:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,815 posts
12,548 battles

It's OK JD just doesn't get it.

EditingAndLayout GIF

Members
44 posts
6,971 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 3:10 PM, JdeMolay said:

Yes I feel the same way ! We have to be careful though or the moderators will close the thread !!!! In CO OP games War Gaming has decided to punish all those who went for AA builds or ships designed to specifically target Aircraft ( KII / Alabama / Revolutsiya ) by having the opposing BOT be a BB with much more HP !!!! It means a HELL OF A LOT LESS PLANES IN CO OP GAMES !!!! I play 98 % CO OP games so having this 8.0 take away any BOT CVs is a HUGE PUNISHMENT !!!! TY WG May I Have Another ( Animal House reference for you Millenials )  ? WG should do the right thing & give $$$$ CASH REFUNDS for those ships we want to give back due to 8.0 !!!! My 3 CVs don't get played at all !!!! They are in DRYDOCK NOW !!!! So I've played WOW much less now. Before 8.0 the Kaga was my FAVORITE SHIP TO PLAY RTS style was great, CV Vs BOT CV !!!! Now we don't have any BOT CVs !!! Those AA ship builds hurt the players who believed in WOW !!!! The CRY BABIES in Tier 10 Random games got their way !!!! Now we get CV players that are consistently 8th or 7th in CO OP games !!! Too BAD they don't know how BAD CVs are now by going into the training room !!!!! Funny how all the CVs recently went into the Premium Shop. Before 8.0 the CVs rarely were there !!!! Now they are trying to SELL THE SHEET OUT OF THEM !!!! 

• Cool 1

[1-]
Beta Testers
74 posts
6,660 battles

I just ask myself this, do I enjoy the two cv per side matches?  Nope I cringe everytime I see that matchup, especially when they both are top tier in the matchup.

The turnaround time for the aircraft probably warrants an increase on the defensive aa fire consumable, I mean come on think the crewman would be taking a break while aircraft are buzzing the boat.  Sorry Capn Im on break for another minute or so.

[BNKR]
Members
1,330 posts
1,371 battles

Do you honestly believe they are trying to alienate 80% of the player base? I mean really believe that? If you do, you should reconsider posting here.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,853 posts
4,057 battles

They've always been here...literally like since before the game went to CBT.   2 CV per side matches have  only been a thing since ....well since always. this player base has lost it's mind. 

Members
41 posts
2,804 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, Burnsy said:

The game is and will be fine.  See radar.  See you when you get back and have a good break.

The problem with your faulty logic is there is now a version of WoWS we can play without CVs, Legends. It's also lacking a lot of the problems the PC version has that constantly drives players away. Contrary to popular belief among the small sample of players on these forums, it seems a lot of us can easily walk away from large monetary investments in virtual items that simply don't exist. Seeing as numbers are down almost 1/3 in the 2.5 years since I started, the facts speak for themselves just as they do for WoWP. Enjoy.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
16 minutes ago, Commodore_Casual said:

The problem with your faulty logic is there is now a version of WoWS we can play without CVs, Legends. It's also lacking a lot of the problems the PC version has that constantly drives players away. Contrary to popular belief among the small sample of players on these forums, it seems a lot of us can easily walk away from large monetary investments in virtual items that simply don't exist. Seeing as numbers are down almost 1/3 in the 2.5 years since I started, the facts speak for themselves just as they do for WoWP. Enjoy.

Now we are comparing numbers from 2.5 years ago?

I am sure they are down since then.  Most all games lose playership in that kind of time span.  There have literally been hundreds of changes made to the game over that time, so I am not sure which one you are pointing to over the years, as your particular culprit.

All that said, one of the large reasons for the CV rework is so that they can be included in the console version.  RTSs don't work all that well on console controllers but first or third person perspectives, work very well. Part of WGs whole plan that they have shared with us about the rework, is to add CVs to the console in the future.

At any rate, I wish you lots of fun in whatever game(s) you are moving on to. 

Members
1,661 posts
15,724 battles
On 4/24/2019 at 6:11 AM, Burnsy said:

Radar has limited range, duration, cooldown, and can't do 180 knots to your position to 1. Spot you then 2. Hit you for 10k with no retaliation. 

Radar is not even close to comparable to CVs. As a former DD main radar does not bother me one bit, it's just a piece of the puzzle to work around. Planes take your puzzle and remove all of your pieces so it's just you and bombs and nothing else. 

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
18 minutes ago, CaucasianReroll said:

Radar has limited range, duration, cooldown, and can't do 180 knots to your position to 1. Spot you then 2. Hit you for 10k with no retaliation. 

Radar is not even close to comparable to CVs. As a former DD main radar does not bother me one bit, it's just a piece of the puzzle to work around. Planes take your puzzle and remove all of your pieces so it's just you and bombs and nothing else. 

My point was that radar had the same "effect" on this forum.  The sky is falling and the game is done, drama.  You yourself now say that radar doesn't bother you.  So either WG balanced it, and/or you learned to successfully play with/around it.

The same will happen with CVs.  WG is still actively adjusting them,  will continue to do so (the plane launch delay at the beginning of the game as the most recent example) and players will eventually come to learn to play with/around their strengths.

Submarines will come along in a year or whatever and like radar, CVs will be forgotten about. Subs will then become the new "this thing is going to kill the game" rage.  Some players will be very vocal about it and some players will quit over it. It will also attract some new ones that like submarines and WG will sell them like hot cakes for a while. 

In the end, the game will move on again.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,705 posts
15,408 battles
51 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Do you honestly believe they are trying to alienate 80% of the player base? I mean really believe that? If you do, you should reconsider posting here.

Yeah the OP is overly conservative …. 

It's more like 95% to 5%

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
351 posts
7,520 battles
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Um, I guess you never paid attention to naval history or know of any naval battles before?

I dont think CV are targeting your BB on purpose... I must think they're targeting you for opportunity.... I know for a fact if you're with a cruiser, those CVs wouldn't target you

always thought Carrier warfare was about targeting the other sides....carriers?  A mode with unlimited carriers striking each other would be "historicalish" but at least wouldn't have the buffoonery of carriers striking DD as a main target and really almost any other ship as a target before an enemy CV. But then I guess if this was ingame the side with the dead carriers would be pushing uphill...