Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Vangm94

My Aircraft Carrier Tactics & Notes 2.0 (mostly Ryujo)

4 comments in this topic

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

My tactics are mostly developed for Ryujo.

CVs have changed yet they remain the same. I still see the same mistakes CV players make now as they did before the update. At this point, my salt to this style of gameplay is lessened enough for me to play "normally". CVs were hated before, CVs are still hated now, and CVs will stay hated afterwards. What makes CVs seem more OP now than they were before? Who knows. The CV skillset was high before but it is much higher now.

• Communication
    • Do your best to communicate but make sure to focus on the task in front of you
  • Scout
    • Scout either your side or the opposite side
    • Find the weakest side you can find
    • Your eyes are the team's eyes
    • Do your best to not sacrifice your planes
  • Move
    • Set your ship's way points according to what your scouts find and where your team goes or does not go
    • Take it slow and follow the safest side
    • As the side becomes safer, raise your speed when possible
    • One of the safest area's is the enemy spawn if you can get there without being seen
    • Closer you are the faster your attack runs can be
  • Recover
    • Sometimes you are better of waiting than going onto another attack run so let your squads recover for as long as you can from zero
  • Defending
    • Do your best to defend your fleet but focus on your attack run
    • When using the fighter consumable, make sure to drop it after the enemy attack run and a circle and a half in front of your allied ship, this way by the time your fighters can defend your allied ship will be in the circle and ready to counter another enemy attack run
    • Should you be attacked by the enemy CV, go to your minimap and set your way point into a different direction so that you can avoid an hit but focus on your objective before taking control of the ship
    • Should you be attacked by the enemy CV, change squads as many times as you can and use the fighter consumable in front of your ship, this will decimate the enemy(s) attack run (total of four fighter squads in the air is possible in short distance)
  • Attack
    • Find and attack the weakest and solo ships you can, do not attack heavy AA groups of ships
  • Capping
    • Be willing to cap
  • Fight
    • There is no use running from something you can't run from, whether that is enemy speed or gun range
    • You have secondary guns, make use of them
    • Most players won't expect a aircraft carrier to fight back
  • Other
    • I get my good days and my bad days

Be fast, find the enemy, take a chance, be willing to cap, be willing to fight, miracles can happen

Ryujo Skills & Upgrades

Spoiler
  • Ryujo Captain Skills
    • Coming soon
  • Ryujo Upgrades
    • Coming soon

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles

Updated with some new content, not much.

[UEFN]
Members
970 posts
17,538 battles

the one and only tip all CV playa needs:

load ramming flag, sail straight into the cap at the beginning of battle, spot for your team, and be meat shield.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,285 battles
11 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

the one and only tip all CV playa needs:

load ramming flag, sail straight into the cap at the beginning of battle, spot for your team, and be meat shield.

I did that in Kaga but I did not rush the cap. I rushed the side(s) I was on. I didn't last long. Kaga has the armor but the gun positioning and maneuverability limits her ability to be a good decoy. I didn't last long or get much damage with Kaga either. After I stopped being salty and playing "normally", I found that my previous tactics work the same even though the gameplay has changed. Ryujo is a more maneuverable, has better gun placement, and good concealment to be a good decoy.

Edited by Vangm94

Sign in to follow this