Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Friendly bot torpedoes

5 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
258 posts
6,491 battles

Just had a game where a friendly bot nearly torpedoed me because there was an enemy to the side. I'm not saying I moved in front of their torpedo launch. I'm saying I was to the bot's right by 3k. The enemy was to my right by 5k. And the bot launched torpedoes even though I was in the direct line of fire. I've been sunk by friendly bot torps before. Might be something the devs and programmers want to look into.

• Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
7,209 posts
30,501 battles

Happens often They don't see you when they are intent on torping someone behind you.

Should this be fixed? Absolutely.
Will it? Doubt it any time soon.

Note: there isn't such a thing as "friendly torpedoes".

Edited by alexf24

[PVE]
Members
971 posts
30,990 battles

If the DD has torps on both sides and the one side facing the red ship is out he will fire the other side.

[SALVO]
Members
21,703 posts
22,016 battles
1 hour ago, CTMAADawson said:

Just had a game where a friendly bot nearly torpedoed me because there was an enemy to the side. I'm not saying I moved in front of their torpedo launch. I'm saying I was to the bot's right by 3k. The enemy was to my right by 5k. And the bot launched torpedoes even though I was in the direct line of fire. I've been sunk by friendly bot torps before. Might be something the devs and programmers want to look into.

Dude, I'm sorry to say but this operator error, IMO.

Never get between a friendly torpedo-armed bot and the enemy.  NEVER!

Note, I say operator error because this is one failing of friendly bots that everyone should know exists and is one that's totally avoidable.

[SYJ]
Members
206 posts
9,568 battles

I would say the bots accurately replicate behavior of some random matches.

Now a real 200 IQ play would be, placing your ship in such a way  that enemy bots torpedo each other, while trying to torpedo your ship.

Sign in to follow this