You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Warped_1

When two T8 CVs make your T9 Cruiser their Pet Project

30 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,750 posts
18,136 battles

:cap_rambo:

image.thumb.png.166c3198197d8181215ea64b4f62b4e0.png

Edited by Warped_1
  • Funny 4

[SOFOP]
Members
1,242 posts
8,791 battles

I have noticed an uptick in the amount if CV drivers who seem to be hell bent on focusing AA boats.

Driving Flint and Neptune, I have had t6 and t8 CVs focus me almost exclusively, as if to say "I'm so good I can even kill AA boats hahaha"....while losing 3..4..5...6 planes a run and doing minimal damage.  I have to laugh when they start losing the game and are still focusing me, when much easier targets exist.  That's fine buddy, I'll sit here and let you waste resources on me while we win and Musashi is sitting there one punching your boats.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I have noticed an uptick in the amount if CV drivers who seem to be hell bent on focusing AA boats.

Driving Flint and Neptune, I have had t6 and t8 CVs focus me almost exclusively, as if to say "I'm so good I can even kill AA boats hahaha"....while losing 3..4..5...6 planes a run and doing minimal damage.  I have to laugh when they start losing the game and are still focusing me, when much easier targets exist.  That's fine buddy, I'll sit here and let you waste resources on me while we win and Musashi is sitting there one punching your boats.

I have not yet been so lucky in Minotaur. Even without AFT and AA mods, I'm still apparently a no-fly zone. Where are incompetent CVs when I need them?

• Funny 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
206 posts
9,527 battles

Man that is a lot of wasted planes. One would figure that after 2~3 waves that were a bust, they would give up and move on to an easier / weaker target.

I guess you were lucky that the Enterprise didn't score enough citadels with AP bombs on your ship. I am willing to bet he won the thing in one of the crates and didn't know how to AP bomb properly.

[CRMSN]
Members
8,372 posts
8,991 battles

shot-19_04.20_14_01.56-0104.thumb.jpg.ada7a13605da5169eaa14f9600c792ce.jpg

When Mogami is CV focused and is best AA bote. TBF, that was one T6 CV, but cmon, this is Mogami we're talking about. Kutuzov, she is not. I shot down more planes than the rest of the match combined. And, this is the funny part, not AA spec'd. Only had the AA module, no captains skills went to AA, because, well, it's Mogami.

Two matches before that one was a double CV round, I got 32 shot down, but apparently didn't screen cap it. Go figure.

[RED]
[RED]
Members
221 posts
11,017 battles
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Yeah...CVs unlimited aircraft is not an issue and can be functionally deplaned. Just 227 aircraft shot down on 2 CVs, nothing to see here.

Edited by custer_14
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,295 posts
11,826 battles
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

So many better targets for them to attack and they go after the baguette. tenor.gif?itemid=6012433

5 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Yeah...CVs unlimited aircraft is not an issue and can be functionally deplaned. Just 227 aircraft shot down on with 2 CVs, nothing to see here.

Don't forget the fighter consumable which is not counted in the CV loadouts which adds up to a possible 18 flights of five each.

• Cool 1

[DOG]
Members
358 posts
8,720 battles
14 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Yeah...CVs unlimited aircraft is not an issue and can be functionally deplaned. Just 227 aircraft shot down on 2 CVs, nothing to see here.

Agreed - I had a game in my Seattle (didn't shoot down near that many planes - only 62) BUT entire team shot down 226 aircraft. AGREED.  Far unlimited planes are NOT a problem how?

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
9,537 posts
11,463 battles
3 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

3 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Yeah well you know “DDs are too difficult to find or target, and BBs are too strong to attack with planes...” Lol during the Exeter grind I had CVs chasing after my RN CAs a lot, and despite heavy losses in planes they kept sending more planes, often times the entire battle. :Smile_veryhappy:

Although depending on the cruiser attacking with rockets is not completely without merits thanks to those annoying things exploding all over your deck and superstructure setting fires, doing some damage, and often destroying AA mounts. But still a stupid idea to attack a top of the line AA CA even if your fighters can zip through quick with rockets to attempt softening up the AA.

:cap_haloween:I must say I am so happy that my Salem is all set and ready to go in the upcoming tier X Ranked where they say CVs are expected. Plenty of AA, strong armor for a CA, superheals to Repair the damaged HP, and premium earnings in credits and XP. 

[NAUTY]
Members
606 posts
3 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Lets meet up in the training room poncho, and I'll show U what a fully secondareis Kaga..or Zepp can do attacking U hull aggressive with my planes concentrating U simultaneously...WITHERERERRE...YEPP...

[SOFOP]
Members
1,242 posts
8,791 battles
4 hours ago, drakoolia said:

Lets meet up in the training room poncho, and I'll show U what a fully secondareis Kaga..or Zepp can do attacking U hull aggressive with my planes concentrating U simultaneously...WITHERERERRE...YEPP...

Think you took what I said as bragging or implying those ships are untouchable.  They are absolutely not untouchable.  However, there are MUCH easier and better targets than those to go after.  If you have a better target to go after and CHOOSE to attack an AA vote, you are failing your team most likely.

I do pretty well against Kaga and Gz, to be honest, and dont fear either, but nobody is immune.

[-TNT-]
Members
744 posts
12,017 battles

The map was Two Brothers, a KM Scharnhorst sailed down the channel thinking he would kill me since his CV's planes spotted me parked next to one of the two Islands. I dropped wave after wave of DBs hitting his citadel.  As I recalled he exit the channel and launched his torps which naturally hit me.  Shortly afterwards my secondaries killed him. to which thanked him for the close quarters expert achievement. 

We have allot of Greenhorn CV Commandos in tiers IV and VI who haven't learned yet to avoid ships that are AA no fly zones. If they took the time to look over the each ship's AA rating just prior to entering the map they would know to avoid that like the plague.  But Nooooo!

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[NAUTY]
Members
606 posts
On 4/23/2019 at 5:33 PM, Old_Baldy_One said:

Think you took what I said as bragging or implying those ships are untouchable.  They are absolutely not untouchable.  However, there are MUCH easier and better targets than those to go after.  If you have a better target to go after and CHOOSE to attack an AA vote, you are failing your team most likely.

I do pretty well against Kaga and Gz, to be honest, and dont fear either, but nobody is immune.

Indeed I was just saying you might wish to experience what I have laid out for you in terms of a full secondaries build with aft.. Bft.. And fire chance increase.. Trust me,, I've taken out 2 atagos this way trying to close in on my grad simultaneously. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,234 posts
19,617 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, Warped_1 said:

There were plenty of CV drivers in the Pre-Rework days that did stupid stuff like that.  It should be obvious after the first time when a specific ship rips apart your strike group to not go after that target again for the time being.  Yet some of them keep trying.

The heck happened to Alsace?  Top Tier Alsace looks like he got rekt early.  So early that he hasn't shot down even a single plane.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
130 posts
10,885 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 11:15 AM, BrushWolf said:

Don't forget the fighter consumable which is not counted in the CV loadouts which adds up to a possible 18 flights of five each.

Enterprise actually has huge fighter consumables that summon 10 planes each, so 9 waves of 5 from the Lex and a further 9 waves of 10 from the Big E.  That's 135 planes right there if they kept popping them to spot.  Still, the CVs were obviously careless with their planes and made poor target selection choices.  Made for a good laugh though.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,295 posts
11,826 battles
9 hours ago, LastoftheFallen said:

Enterprise actually has huge fighter consumables that summon 10 planes each, so 9 waves of 5 from the Lex and a further 9 waves of 10 from the Big E.  That's 135 planes right there if they kept popping them to spot.  Still, the CVs were obviously careless with their planes and made poor target selection choices.  Made for a good laugh though.

I forgot about the Enterprise having a huge fighter consumable.

No argument on poor target selection it was also poor attack resolution, a Gneisenau shouldn't be getting 24 air kills.

Alpha Tester
6,004 posts
2,888 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

“ BBs are too strong to attack with planes...”

That has to be a joke. In the OP's screenshot, you can believe I'd be itching for the chance to target that Gneisenau with my Enterprise or Zeppelin, and I'd even take a few shots at the Alcase and the NC if they managed to isolate themselves from their teammates.

[TOG]
Members
3,608 posts
19,330 battles

So..why haven't the King of the Air award been brought back yet?

[WOLFG]
Members
5,962 posts
3,829 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

They haven't figured out how high the number of kills should be :cap_rambo:

[RKLES]
Members
9,537 posts
11,463 battles
2 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Because we would be farming AA flags off those awards like crazy and not having to buy AA flags instead.

[BABS]
Members
49 posts
2,998 battles

Wish I got it recorded, but I seem to be cursed. I've had a Midway flight fly right up to my Des Moines, through DFAA and a boosted AA sector, and still manage to take off 1/3 of my health. The planes didn't start to fall out of the sky until after I got hit. The squadron didn't get far after that, but it still.........

[-GPS-]
Members
2,820 posts
30,257 battles

There was nothing stupid about it. I was one of the red CV drivers. That Saint Louis needed killin’.  IIRC he was one of the last boats standing. Some CVs actually pay attention to objectives (caps). 

Don’t assume the CVs were morons without seeing a replay. 

[POP]
Members
455 posts
5,669 battles

Sometimes the cruiser is the ship that needs to die first.  I have killed aa boats with my CV before, just gotta be smart about it.

Edited by HallaSnackbar

[NAUTY]
Members
606 posts
On 5/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, Steamed_Toast said:

Wish I got it recorded, but I seem to be cursed. I've had a Midway flight fly right up to my Des Moines, through DFAA and a boosted AA sector, and still manage to take off 1/3 of my health. The planes didn't start to fall out of the sky until after I got hit. The squadron didn't get far after that, but it still.........

But Still what..do you want an entire class of ship to be absolutely neutered (CV)'s?

What would be the point then...

Members
2,237 posts
3,958 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, custer_14 said:

One:  One of those CV's was the Enterprise,  which on top of having deep reserves herself,  summons ten fighters with the fighter consumable.  Two per plane type,  on top of the ones on top of the Enterprise herself.  

Two:  227 PLANES SHOT DOWN.  Which is pretty heavily proof that AA is doing its job just fine.  But no!  This is a NEGATIVE thing to you people!  Good lord,  what are you going to whine about next?

On 5/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, Steamed_Toast said:

You wiped out his entire squadron.  At tier ten,  thats upwards of TEN MINUTES before they can regenerate that squadron.  You took one attack run,  from a plane type that you won't see again for ten minutes.  

Do you...do you complain about the Yamato being able to take huge chunks out of your health pool every thirtyish seconds?

• Cool 1