Cruxdei

[humor?]antropomorphized ships are historically accurate

15 comments in this topic

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,197 posts
6,029 battles

we all know  that  good part of the NA playerbase don't like those "big eyed","totally innacurate","don't belong in my historical combat simulator","creepy cartoons", anime ships.

well my friends,i'm here to tell you that these kind of drawings are pretty much ww2 material.

japanese battleship hyuuga(some people say it's hinata)

Spoiler

3V5C8ZC.jpg

japanese battleship haruna

Spoiler

HSYAm0V.jpg

mogami class cruiser "kumano"

Spoiler

vBUi4Ea.jpg

basically,the japanese had a different kind of "pin up" art,the allies  had their 2d girls too

hero_Huckberry_World_War_II_Fighter_Jet_

TLDR this is not a new thing from those kids with their smartphones and weird rock & roll,it's very old.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
506 posts
1,584 battles

That pic of haruna is way too smug:Smile_teethhappy:

I would love to see more of these if there are any do you have a source?

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,729 posts
7,729 battles

Mind if I ask the source of these drawings? Would like to see if there's more~

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,197 posts
6,029 battles

more sources 

Bo7hx0yCMAANbqN.jpg

got this pic here,you can see battleship haruna in the book.

https://togetter.com/li/675810

from what google translate says,it was taken at yamato museum.

Edited by Cruxdei

[KAPPA]
Members
892 posts
6,063 battles

Well, I'm not very surprised. One thing I do know about the Japanese is that they have some cultural beliefs about inanimate objects being capable of having 'souls'. I'm simplifying a bit, but it's not even uncommon among western cultures either, take something like Excalibur, or the piece of sacred oak in the Argo for instance, let alone the Greek tradition of the figurehead. Heck I even tend to name some of my stuff, although many of the examples I can list are from after I started playing this game, so some names might be a bit familiar. My computer is Yamato (because it's the most powerful computer anyone in my immediate family owns), my current phone is Mutsu, my old phone was Amagi, my car is Fubuki, heck I even gave my dad's latest car a name as a way of annoying him, partly based on it being bright red (in a family of mostly white or blue cars traditionally) and being a bit of what I considered a reckless overspending, it got the moniker, 'Errant Venture' and yes that is in fact a Star Wars Expanded Universe reference for any that might recognize the name.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222
  • Funny 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
19 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Well, I'm not very surprised. One thing I do know about the Japanese is that they have some cultural beliefs about inanimate objects being capable of having 'souls'. I'm simplifying a bit, but it's not even uncommon among western cultures either, take something like Excalibur, or the piece of sacred oak in the Argo for instance, let alone the Greek tradition of the figurehead. Heck I even tend to name some of my stuff, although many of the examples I can list are from after I started playing this game, so some names might be a bit familiar. My computer is Yamato (because it's the most powerful computer anyone in my immediate family owns), my current phone is Mutsu, my old phone was Amagi, my car is Fubuki, heck I even gave my dad's latest car a name as a way of annoying him, partly based on it being bright red (in a family of mostly white or blue cars traditionally) and being a bit of what I considered a reckless overspending, it got the moniker, 'Errant Venture' and yes that is in fact a Star Wars Expanded Universe reference for any that might recognize the name.

When I played, I named my viola "Elise", my first and current car is named "Steph", my AR-180B is "Selena", my Carcano Type I is "Luna", my Sig Sauer P225-A1 is "Reinhild", and my PC (which has a lot of green glow) is "Aoba".

Edited by WuYixiang

[-K_P-]
Members
254 posts
2,670 battles
41 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

this one was published in 1934 on a ships newspaper(the japanese user said that

68747470733a2f2f7477706c2e746f6765747465

I guess she would be a Myoko or Takao (Atago) cruiser, based on her forward turrets?

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles
1 hour ago, WuYixiang said:

When I played, I named my viola "Elise", my first and current car is named "Steph", my AR-180B is "Selena", my Carcano Type I is "Luna", my Sig Sauer P225-A1 is "Reinhild", and my PC (which has a lot of green glow) is "Aoba".

All my inanimate objects go by the name of Steve Martin's dog in The Jerk.

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
506 posts
1,584 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

this one was published in 1934 on a ships newspaper(the japanese user said that

68747470733a2f2f7477706c2e746f6765747465

I would love to know what exactly is going on here. Also I believe that is supposed to be takao. she had a angled smoke stack like in this drawing If I remember correctly

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,882 posts
5,497 battles
1 hour ago, Crij said:

I guess she would be a Myoko or Takao (Atago) cruiser, based on her forward turrets?

And going by the smoke puffs in the aft I'm guessing last nights dinner was Beans, Cabbage, and Sauerkraut.

• Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
892 posts
6,063 battles
2 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

A 180B, huh? Nice, just been admiring a relative's shiny new BRN-180, not quite the same and missing much of the retro appeal, but still a nice piece of work. Hopefully they might start making a version in slightly more retro trim. 

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
31 minutes ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

A 180B, huh? Nice, just been admiring a relative's shiny new BRN-180, not quite the same and missing much of the retro appeal, but still a nice piece of work. Hopefully they might start making a version in slightly more retro trim. 

wanted a Howa AR-180, but those go for $1.5k, and I'm not shelling out that much money for a rifle. LOL

• Cool 1