You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

It's official Yamato Kobayashi Camo overpriced

75 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,311 posts
16,536 battles

So in the 8.3 patch notes the new Kobayashi camo for Yamato is being added. We already knew it would only give standard T10 bonuses and nothing extra as Ikami posted that info. The only question was cost. Well, the cost is 7K Doubloons. WHY would you pay 7K Doubloons for the camo when it has the exact same bonuses as the regular T10 perma camo that is only 5K Doubloons?

This is nuts. The only reason to buy it is for collector purposes and for those few who like the looks. I mean it is fugly as sin IMO but I still would have bought it if they added a bonus incentive (like +50-100K FXP or Capt XP). But there just is no reason to buy it when it costs more than the regular perma other than for a few people.

They really missed the boat here; literally. The other camo's for Ashitaka, Kii, and Roma add something above and beyond the base perma bonus for the ship so even for people who dislike the look or don't collect there was a reason to buy them still. WG should have added something extra to entice people to buy it. I don't see this being much of a seller (could be wrong). 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-083-the-victory/#content

• Cool 5

[WOLFG]
Members
5,992 posts
3,841 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WHY would you pay 7K Doubloons for the camo when it has the exact same bonuses as the regular T10 perma camo that is only 5K Doubloons?

There is no explaining fashion.

• Funny 1

[HSSW]
[HSSW]
Members
301 posts
14,907 battles

For the premium player

[PVE]
Members
9,311 posts
16,536 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

NO explaining taste is right. Now, I detest the Kobayashi Roma camo. I swear my eyes bleed when I look at it BUT it is on my Roma because the bonuses are worth it. IT made that extra cost for it worth it (well in theory - I hate the ship so don't play it much but...). The only reason to buy that visual abomination for Yamato now is to collect it and/or you actually like that look for some reason. There is no other reason. So as said WG missed the boat. They have not provided any incentive for the average player to buy it; none!

[PVE]
Members
9,311 posts
16,536 battles
4 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

For the premium player

What does that even mean? Do you mean whales? I am a WOWS whale but even I have limits on what I will buy and it isn't a fuglyass camo that cost 2k more doubloons over the regular one with no additional bonuses.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,568 posts
5,666 battles

Furthermore, since the Yamato model is being updated, the normal perma camo is probably going to get an update. That's what happened to Kagero when she got her new model, unless my memory is just crap, and I never noticed the spotted butt on the old model's perma camo.

[H_]
Members
2,433 posts

Truthfully, because whales buy everything.......  Literally !  I have a friend that has just about everything from game start !  And, in another game, MWO, that same person has alternative accounts with complete sets segregated by "country"......and, I used country because MWO is divided into two powers (Clan and IS...)

They seem to buy everything !

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,959 battles
12 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

funny+1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What does that even mean? Do you mean whales? I am a WOWS whale but even I have limits on what I will buy and it isn't a fuglyass camo that cost 2k more doubloons over the regular one with no additional bonuses.

Out of curiosity Admiral, and as the whale supreme, if you liked the camo and WG offered you a way to simply pay the difference for the Kobayashi camo, so just paying 2k doubloons, would you consider it?

[PVE]
Members
9,311 posts
16,536 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Out of curiosity Admiral, and as the whale supreme, if you liked the camo and WG offered you a way to simply pay the difference for the Kobayashi camo, so just paying 2k doubloons, would you consider it?

I assume you mean pay 2K Doubloons and lose the regular perma in which case no. If I liked it enough to look past the increased price I would just buy it outright.

Now, if you mean for just 2k Doubloons I could buy it because I already had the regular perma I don't know. For that amount the collector part of me might bite even though it is so fugly. 

Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

I'll continue to not buy his camos.

But that they're continuing to price them so suggests people are buying them. Well, if some people enjoy his style good for them...

Members
2,613 posts
9,799 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

WHY would you pay 7K Doubloons for the camo when it has the exact same bonuses as the regular T10 perma camo that is only 5K Doubloons?

People that want to the looks will pay the price.  Space camo has same bonuses as the regular T10 camo but was selling for 8k, and yet people paid for those.  You can have this one at discounted price, 1000 less than space camo.  It’s a bargain I tell you.  But I will pass.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

*clone-stamps diamonds all over a plain Yamato*  

Perfection.  This is truly arte.

[-BRS-]
Members
471 posts
20,596 battles

I'll be getting it. It's nice to have options.

So you're complaining about the price of something that you don't want? Am I missing something? 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,684 posts
3,560 battles

I held off on Yams permanent camos while waiting for the Kobayashi. 2k doubloons doesnt seem too bad, it's cheaper than space camos at least

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,648 posts

They are going to sell them because they project that they will turn a sales profit from their work.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Might I point out that Roma's and Kii's Kobayashi camo's are also 7k dubs? 

[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

Why you going buy something for "collector purpose" if you "detest" the camo?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles

I bought the Kii with his cammo because it looked awesome.

I bought the Roma WITHOUT because, well you know why.

I have the HSF cammo on my Yammy because it looks cool....

You can give me a million extra bonuses for a cammo, but if it looks ugly as sin....

"Nope not gonna do it"