Sign in to follow this  
TheArc

Where are we supposed to report players?

10 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

Well it could be done through the in-game rules violation... generally speaking though, and this is just generally speaking, you'll get something back that tells you afk stuff is handled automatically. 

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well it could be done through the in-game rules violation... generally speaking though, and this is just generally speaking, you'll get something back that tells you afk stuff is handled automatically. 

33 minutes ago, TheArc said:

Just had a guy who after 1 minute in the match said "screw this too many CVs" and drove his Asashio to the corner of the map and logged out.

Aside from reporting him for AFK & Unsportsmanlike, how and where do we report the replay so WG can at least look at it and perhaps warn him for doing it. Folks say "upload the replay" of it - there doesn't seem any place on the support section that is designed for it from the support page:  https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

Thanks for reply, that's right advice.
Please submit a ticket with replay attached. Such behaviour is a strong violation of our Game Rules and needed to be sanctioned with a game ban. Duration will be defined adjusted to the number of such violations in the past. 
I'd like to add that it only applies the situations when there is an evidence about conscious decision to quit the battle. It doesn't include technical/network AFK.   

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
658 posts
6,813 battles

Just had a guy who after 1 minute in the match said "screw this too many CVs" and drove his Asashio to the corner of the map and logged out.

Aside from reporting him for AFK & Unsportsmanlike, how and where do we report the replay so WG can at least look at it and perhaps warn him for doing it. Folks say "upload the replay" of it - there doesn't seem any place on the support section that is designed for it from the support page:  https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/

• Cool 3

Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
5 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I'm glad there are repercussions for players doing that. Ok, so I click "rules violations" then I have two options: 

1) Fair Play Policy - Hacking and Unfair Mods
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19434/

2) Illegal Mods and Consequences
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19065/

Neither of which describes what the player did. Please advise where to go from there.

It was made so because the system of preventing teamdamage/AFK was launched. And it is working well at the moment but of course it can't prevent 100% of violations. Some specific situations are usually examined separately.
You are right there is no direct way for this type of violation currently. I guess you may report this violation through "Rigged Battle". 

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
658 posts
6,813 battles
55 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Thanks for reply, that's right advice.
Please submit a ticket with replay attached. Such behaviour is a strong violation of our Game Rules and needed to be sanctioned with a game ban. Duration will be defined adjusted to the number of such violations in the past. I'd like to add that it only applies the situations when there is an evidence about conscious decision to quit the battle. It doesn't include technical/network AFK.   

I'm glad there are repercussions for players doing that. Ok, so I click "rules violations" then I have two options: 

1) Fair Play Policy - Hacking and Unfair Mods
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19434/

2) Illegal Mods and Consequences
https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/19065/

Neither of which describes what the player did. Please advise where to go from there.

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
658 posts
6,813 battles

If I pick option 2, then select "contact support" I see "rules violation" in the list, but again no choice that applies, either I can appeal a ban (which isn't the case) or I can choose "I was insulted or harassed - report a player" (which isn't really at all accurate either.)

But I select that then I get these options: Is the first the most accurate?

In-battle violation, Chat insults and harassment, Offensive nickname, Scam and fraud attempt, Report Account Selling, Clans Violations

I selected the first one, and now NO options seem at all accurate:

Teamkill - allied damage, Rigged Battle, Game modifications, Physics Abuse, Bots

FWIW, I chose "Bots" and sent in my replay. Hope it matters.

• Cool 2

[RED]
[RED]
Members
221 posts
11,017 battles
52 minutes ago, TheArc said:

How many CVs were there?

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers
7,074 posts
17,206 battles

@TheArc report with replay to support under rules violations, rigged battle. That players action is essentially throwing the battle. You will get a canned reply about it being handled according to rules and procedures without specifics.  As turbo07 this particular violation might draw a game ban.

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
658 posts
6,813 battles

Just had another one do it, tier 10 guy this time. Though he told us even before it started (in all chat) that he wasn't going to play b/c there was a CV, and then sat there, never fired and just whined the whole time. Anyway, I sent in the replay... hope it was the right steps. 

Support, Submit Ticket, Rule Violations, Insulted or Harassed, in-battle violation, rigged battle and then did my write it up and attached the replay.

Some real whiners out there... why don't they just go play co-op if they are that unhappy about it and can't make it work for them?

• Cool 1

[SAA]
Members
197 posts
3,828 battles

In COOP just had guy intentionally ram me and cause me to get hit by Bot torpedos.  He was in a BB and I was in a cruiser so I was sort of pinned against him being dragged towards an enemy cruiser with torpedos.  I was sort of screwed at that point since full opposite rudder to try to unpin would expose me for citadels.   Basically completely ruined that match for me and it seemed quite intentional since he continued for at least 30 seconds to keep trying to pin me.

Of course I did the normal report but I wonder if it will even be looked at among the thousands they get everyday.  However, such intentional behavior deserves a second look.

Sign in to follow this