Jump to content
gillhunter

A first for me.

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

212
[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
580 posts
23,447 battles

After 1,000s of games, this is my first with all bots as team mates. No it didn't go well. My team melted quickly leaving me against 3 BBs and a CA.

238546110_Helena3.thumb.JPG.2373aebd518c49a76d0d07d1ec46219f.JPG1367572548_Helena3a.thumb.JPG.c1503acb06cd4b7b99ebae047b6f83f8.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[TCNNA]
Members
956 posts
16,580 battles

It happens. If you are in a cruiser and bot have BB left .....good luck.

Bot BB can citadel you  even if angled and from the other side of the map.

Sometimes they shoot you from other games 😆

Edited by Mikebello
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,043
[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
2 hours ago, gillhunter said:

After 1,000s of games, this is my first with all bots as team mates. No it didn't go well. My team melted quickly leaving me against 3 BBs and a CA.

238546110_Helena3.thumb.JPG.2373aebd518c49a76d0d07d1ec46219f.JPG1367572548_Helena3a.thumb.JPG.c1503acb06cd4b7b99ebae047b6f83f8.JPG

Ouch. Nice effort.

I have had all bot teams more times than I like to count. T10 is the worst for that. It is easiest to deal with in a BB and believe it or not a DD would be 2nd. Cruiser's are really tough unless they are higher tier with heals (and torps). Current CV is the worst I would say (had it a few times already and not even close to a win).

All you can do is play hit and run and hide n seek. IF there are islands keep them between you and the bots and do your best to burn them down. It is not easy and even worse if your bots didn't cap so you are also down points.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
151
[PTRGT]
Members
334 posts
32,843 battles

It always seems to happen to me when I'm in one of my "meh" ships that I play and it get up tiered.

That's why I despise how poorly the so called" Team bots" are programed. I don't expect them to be terminators. 

BUT come on guys when they pull right up to the enemy ship and not shoot or torp them and just wait to get sunk!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles

Green bots are most always dumber than red bots... for whatever reason. 

Just FYI, if you are the only human player you can quit back to port the moment the match starts and it will be counted as a draw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,744
[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles

Had a game yesterday with only 2 humans.  It was a late afternoon game, which made it strange to have so many bots.  Me in a Konig, and an Exeter.  Exeter says be patient, we can pick up a bunch of kills. 

We each got 1.  The bots went full demo derby ram fest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles
5 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Had a game yesterday with only 2 humans.  It was a late afternoon game, which made it strange to have so many bots.  Me in a Konig, and an Exeter.  Exeter says be patient, we can pick up a bunch of kills. 

We each got 1.  The bots went full demo derby ram fest.

CVs are chasing players away. I have also noticed an increase in matches with bots on the player team. To see that during "prime time" should be of special concern to WG. I've certainly changed my playing and spending habits as a result of this CV silliness. Other games are getting my time and my money, and that's not good for WG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,744
[WOLFG]
Members
5,977 posts
3,841 battles
Just now, Gen_Saris said:

CVs are chasing players away. I have also noticed an increase in matches with bots on the player team. To see that during "prime time" should be of special concern to WG. I've certainly changed my playing and spending habits as a result of this CV silliness. Other games are getting my time and my money, and that's not good for WG. 

I've been playing most afternoons, and that was the first time in forever I had a team that bot heavy (Other than Easter morning).

It was also a T5-4 game.  Most games that go tiers to 5-7 or 6-8 are exclusively human for me.  The condensed matchmaking at lower tiers also plays a part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,043
[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
5 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

Green bots are most always dumber than red bots... for whatever reason. 

Just FYI, if you are the only human player you can quit back to port the moment the match starts and it will be counted as a draw. 

Which basically counts as a loss in your stats so not really worth it. Just try and do your best.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Which basically counts as a loss in your stats so not really worth it. Just try and do your best.

I stopped caring about "stats" years ago. I play for enjoyment. Me vs 15 bots is not fun, so I don't play it. If I wanted single player naval combat the old Battlestations series does it much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,043
[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
33 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

I stopped caring about "stats" years ago. I play for enjoyment. Me vs 15 bots is not fun, so I don't play it. If I wanted single player naval combat the old Battlestations series does it much better.

I don't really care either. I was just pointing out it doesn't actually count as a Draw. It says Draw but it ends up being the same as a Loss which is a non win in your stats. Draws are not shown.

The all bot games can be fun sometimes and a real challenge other times. May as well play it and see how you do. Plus, I am not wasting any flags or camo I had mounted either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
344
[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,568 battles

High Tier it can be a challenge, but you have already paid for the battle, so you should make the most of it.

I usually use the Green bots to tell me where the closest Red ships are. (I also let them take the fire while I farm the attacking ships.)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,933 posts
8,470 battles
18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't really care either. I was just pointing out it doesn't actually count as a Draw. It says Draw but it ends up being the same as a Loss which is a non win in your stats. Draws are not shown.

I understand your perspective, was merely pointing out to the OP that he could quit back to port, if he wanted, and not incur a leaver penalty. That's not indicated anywhere in game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,043
[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
1 minute ago, Gen_Saris said:

I understand your perspective, was merely pointing out to the OP that he could quit back to port, if he wanted, and not incur a leaver penalty. That's not indicated anywhere in game. 

:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×