You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BismarckKriegsmarine

German BBs Diasappearing

87 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
4,523 battles

I have been playing the German BB line for the last year and have noticed they have all but disappeared above T7, am I right? And is it because they are so badly nerfed for the current game style with CVs and a lack of brawling opportunities and crappy MM(ie T8 constantly in T10 Battles where they either can't up AP or the HE is ineffective) they are virtually pointless, raised the issue with WG and got the same old chestnut if it looks like it needs fixing we'll fix it and need feedback from players blah blah blah! I would of thought there obvious absence would be a hint! What do you guys reckon?

• Cool 10

Members
1,944 posts
2,492 battles

They've always been trying to push a meta that doesn't exist in order to balance the current one. Nothing new, all going as expected.

• Cool 1

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles

I see German BBs is the majority of my T8+ games.

• Cool 2

[AA-DS]
Members
937 posts

Plenty of GK, Freddies and Bismarcks around in the games im playing recently.

• Cool 2

[FML]
Members
2,862 posts
12,773 battles

I wouldn’t be overly surprised; the line peaked at T7 with the Gneisenau. Though the Tirpitz and Scharnhorst are also great fun. Ie, torps or go home. 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,190 posts

took my GK out last night, and had the enemy Hakyru fail to do significant damage despite half a dozen runs at me.

KMS BB AA is fine for the task at hand.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,195 posts
6,018 battles

the superior nation is coming tomorrow,german BBs are already at the bottom of the atlantic.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,690 battles
1 hour ago, BismarckKriegsmarine said:

I have been playing the German BB line for the last year and have noticed they have all but disappeared above T7, am I right? And is it because they are so badly nerfed for the current game style with CVs and a lack of brawling opportunities and crappy MM(ie T8 constantly in T10 Battles where they either can't up AP or the HE is ineffective) they are virtually pointless, raised the issue with WG and got the same old chestnut if it looks like it needs fixing we'll fix it and need feedback from players blah blah blah! I would of thought there obvious absence would be a hint! What do you guys reckon?

No, you are not right.  It is called confirmation bias.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,783 posts
18,360 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

the superior nation is coming tomorrow,german BBs are already at the bottom of the atlantic.

Shame on you Crux WG just brought out a Vid depicting the might of the Kriegsmarine in action and hear you are talking about paper ships. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TDRB]
Members
2,981 posts
8,958 battles

I have been playing the German BB line for the last year and have noticed they have all but disappeared above T7, am I right?

I believe you are wrong. I'm one who believes CV's should be removed but BB's are the least effected class by the CV rework, IMO. Yes, MM is bad when you're driving a T8 ship but that is with any T8 ship.

• Cool 3

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,118 posts
11,124 battles
3 hours ago, BismarckKriegsmarine said:

If your seeing less of them, it has less to do with CV's, and more to do with they're secondary brawlers. It could be players have learned that trying to long range snipe with a German battleship isn't productive. That said, I still see a lot in game, but I see s pretty even spread of battleships in game. Maybe more options? German BB AA isn't bad when they're setup for secondary brawling.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

Members
1,243 posts
5,495 battles

AP bombs and German Battleships don't mix.  Combined with needing to get close in a meta that wants Tier 10 fighting at 15km and greater and it is hard for the average player to make a German BB work consistently.

I like playing them for the playstyle, but they are sub optimal.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
799 posts
4,584 battles

German BBs are the funnest thing to bulli in CVs at tier 8. If I'm stuck in a tier 10 match up its like the only th8ng I can go after I'm my Zep that doesn't liquidate my planes

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
613 posts
14,832 battles
3 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Oh,,Your saying a superior race? The same claim They made? BTW, Checked History on which Nation had Naval Victories. Not to many by either that clamied to be superior. The German Navy Had More success and was defeated by other Navies you consider inferior. Check your Rascism at the door dude.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers
799 posts
4,584 battles
2 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Oh,,Your saying a superior race? The same claim They made? BTW, Checked History on which Nation had Naval Victories. Not to many by either that clamied to be superior. The German Navy Had More success and was defeated by other Navies you consider inferior. Check your Rascism at the door dude.

I think he means Soviet BBs which are superior :^) Quit trying to find racism in any comment that refers to something as "superior" pls

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles
4 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic / making a "lol Russian bias" joke, comrade.

• Cool 5

[WOLF8]
Members
5,136 posts
4,927 battles
11 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

His joke certainly flew over your head, didn't it? :Smile_smile:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Members
419 posts
13 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Give it a rest.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
5,997 posts
3,841 battles
9 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic / making a "lol Russian bias" joke, comrade.

Da.

• Cool 1

[U571]
Members
1,923 posts
13,162 battles

I think with the Russian BB line, the German Brawlers will be back in fashion personally.   

Beta Testers
1,602 posts
10,089 battles
5 hours ago, BismarckKriegsmarine said:

And is it because they are so badly nerfed for the current game style with CVs and a lack of brawling opportunities

That's a bit whiny.  I get it - you like having an aura attack that just requires getting close to other ships to do damage-  so what?  Make your opportunity.  I have ships that can do awesome things given the right opportunity, too - but I don't expect teh game to be tailored to my idea of fun.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,330 posts
1,371 battles

The poor dispersion turned me off to them. I'll probably come back to the line, but for me there's nothing enjoyable about such sketchy main batteries.

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
593 posts
10,908 battles
6 hours ago, BismarckKriegsmarine said:

No, I think you're wrong.  I can't remember the last time I was in a battle in T7 or above that didn't have a German BB.

[-BUI-]
Members
1,331 posts
3,445 battles

I see plenty of them, but they aren't the best against CVs so thats probably why there has been a decline.

Members
527 posts
7,025 battles

Most people get sick of the unreliable accuracy, they don't get any special benefit from getting close and playing that brawling role, if they got a close range dispersion buff like the new russian BBs you would see a lot more pushing and therefore they would become more effective.

• Cool 1