Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

About three minutes in...

13 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,894 posts
15,569 battles

I'm sure that big mountain at B is a safe place to camp...but geez.  Suffice to say, it didn't end well for the Reds.

3min.jpg.01f5da600317229dd23c7f96eb9504a3.jpg

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,556 posts
10,704 battles
5 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

"We can't cap because of CVs"

Thats not true. While Im not a fan of how cvs have made the meta standoffish and made most dd players unwilling to do the one thing they should be doing, OBJECTIVE CONTROL. I also know that without support a dd is pretty screwed in this meta.Your teams cv should be dropping fighters as a deterent right where the dds path to the objective and the objective is with some overlap so the dd can get in and have smoke ready when needed, NOT INSTANTLY POPPING IT BLINDING YOUR TEAM. Also it should be said a aa cruiser or one with a fighter should also be nearby to help push away planes and or dogpile enemy dds pushing the zone. Fact is this game is won by team work more then by how good 1 or 2 players are.

It should also be noted a dd player should ask for help when pushing and if they don't see any coming, DONT PUSH.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I think Ryu was being sarcastic.

That's my assumption considering there's a CV on the red team, too, yet green obviously had no issue capping. XD

[LHG]
Members
1,633 posts
6,552 battles
9 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

That's my assumption considering there's a CV on the red team, too, yet green obviously had no issue capping. XD

There are actually 2 CVs per team in that screenshot.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,195 posts
6,018 battles
4 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

"We can't cap because of CVs"

step in to the cap to instantly die by CVs.

Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles
1 hour ago, Flashtirade said:

There are actually 2 CVs per team in that screenshot.

My point is that any time there's a CV on team, there's one on the other team too. So often I've seen the complaint of, "I can cap right away because CV!", yet when asked why they must cap right away in the first place, it's because the enemy DD will do so if they don't.

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I'm sure that big mountain at B is a safe place to camp...but geez.  Suffice to say, it didn't end well for the Reds.

3min.jpg.01f5da600317229dd23c7f96eb9504a3.jpg

Happens a lot. Salem?(or rather Atlanta ?) Did you guys have more radar ships than the red ? Or perhaps red had no radar at all,and you had 2 or more ? That could create easily a scenario like this......That happens too,and while not impossible to overcome,,,most teams just play defense rather,,

Edited by VonSmallHausenn

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,556 posts
10,704 battles
1 hour ago, Frenotx said:

My point is that any time there's a CV on team, there's one on the other team too. So often I've seen the complaint of, "I can cap right away because CV!", yet when asked why they must cap right away in the first place, it's because the enemy DD will do so if they don't.

From personal expierence, the team that secures a cap in force tends to win the game. It is because of this you will see dds pushing for that cap. Objective points win more than sheer killing. The problem is when a dd pushes and has no support. Sometimes people play poorly or just want to damage farm. Sometimes there is just no support to give due to distribution at which point the dd should have known better. There are many factors you have to consider and not all games play the same, but for the most part, support your dds and get caps.

Killing is easy, winning takes team work.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
602 posts
13,794 battles

This could have been any map in any game over the weekend.

BBs and cruisers huddled behind islands waiting. Strangely its become so much of the mindset that you are seeing it in games without CVs.

Its like some sort of perverted anti-lemming train.

The silly part of what I have been seeing is that at no time is the clump of potatoes actually in any position to effectively provide supporting fire to the dds who eventually have to contest the caps.

What makes it worse is that as the game progresses they will get eventually caught in crossfire and deleted as they refuse to react to the flanking by the enemy.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,894 posts
15,569 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, VonSmallHausenn said:

Happens a lot. Salem?(or rather Atlanta ?) Did you guys have more radar ships than the red ? Or perhaps red had no radar at all,and you had 2 or more ? That could create easily a scenario like this......That happens too,and while not impossible to overcome,,,most teams just play defense rather,,

One DD per side.  I was running Atlanta.  I bee lined C cap all out from the start.  As you've surmised, it was a high payoff...low risk...gamble..  I had two BBs right behind me to the cap, one (a Biz) followed me in.  If DD showed, I had radar.  If CA showed, I'd see them first and had a friendly BB brawler.  Same for BBs showing...I'd see them first and could stay quiet..  If a squadron showed...which it did...my AA would mess it up.  Made a run on the Biz...squadron shredded.  

Cap fell without any other contest...we flanked.  Considering we also flanked at A, game pretty much over at that point.  Well, we still could have lost it....but everyone played smart once we had the caps...and ran a good attrition game as the points accumulated.  There was one red captain coming up in all chat wondering what the #&%@ his team was doing.  Kinda felt sorry for him.  I've been on both sides of this coin.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles

That  map positioning is the very definition of cross fire.  The reds never had a chance (unless your team was actually dumber than they were... which apparently they weren't).

I am going to guess you won on kills, not caps?

Sign in to follow this