You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

What's up with Kronshtadt dispersion?

33 comments in this topic

[5D2]
Members
139 posts
7,692 battles

I feel there's nothing like it. The shots seem all over the place. I just played a game where I shot 4-5 salvo's or AP at a perfectly broadside Kurfurst at around 10 kms. Aiming for the upper belt and I'm gettng 4000-6000 damage per salvo.Even had one salvo do only 3500 dmg.

Am I missing something? I feel i could do that in a light cruiser.

Edited by Bortt

[MHG]
[MHG]
Members
279 posts
4,773 battles

Kron guns are wonky as hell. Get used to it. It isn’t shooting lasers. You will need a Stalingrad or Moskva for that. The ship can perform pretty well however if you get the positioning down. It’s probably the only ship I’ve ever hit a Conqueror citadel with. Those were hilarious. 

• Cool 1

[5D2]
Members
139 posts
7,692 battles
1 hour ago, Cakeman826 said:

Kron guns are wonky as hell. Get used to it. It isn’t shooting lasers. You will need a Stalingrad or Moskva for that. The ship can perform pretty well however if you get the positioning down. It’s probably the only ship I’ve ever hit a Conqueror citadel with. Those were hilarious. 

Yeah, wonky is definitely one way to describe it. Feel like i'm shooting a Lyon with 9 guns. 

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
5,523 posts
5,851 battles

Kronstadt's dispersion been this way since it was released - it has the same dispersion formula as Graf Spee's. Unless you've played Graf Spee or Scharnhorst, the dispersion should be similar - not that great that is.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,208 posts
4,734 battles

its the USN BB dispersion but without the arty plotting room. so yes its bad.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles

It's a funny ship.  I remember seeing Kronsthadt users use those high velocity shells punish the living hell out of another Cruiser at 17km with ease.  Then I see the same ship finding it impossible to hit a DD at 8km.

[-BRS-]
Members
428 posts
14,082 battles

"What's up with Kronshtadt dispersion?"

Absolutely nothing. It has huge amounts of it

• Funny 4

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,994 posts

You might want to find the LWM article on the Kron.  I think either aiming a little higher or a little lower than you really want is the key with Kronic's dispersion.

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
7 hours ago, Bortt said:

I feel there's nothing like it. The shots seem all over the place. I just played a game where I shot 4-5 salvo's or AP at a perfectly broadside Kurfurst at around 10 kms. Aiming for the upper belt and I'm gettng 4000-6000 damage per salvo.Even had one salvo do only 3500 dmg.

Am I missing something? I feel i could do that in a light cruiser.

Always been like that. Wonky, inconsistent, and totally unreliable. It's why it has become a port queen outside of using it for a mission or event. Just to play it to play it has stopped. The ship was a complete waste of 750K FXP. 

[-BRS-]
Members
471 posts
9,569 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Always been like that. Wonky, inconsistent, and totally unreliable. It's why it has become a port queen outside of using it for a mission or event. Just to play it to play it has stopped. The ship was a complete waste of 750K FXP. 

Agree, I have it and I wish I had the 750k back.

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

I remember my first impression of that ship. I knew from mouse that it had bad dispersion, but ‘bad’ doesn’t even begin to describe it.

[BS]
Members
1,643 posts
8,491 battles

What sigma does it SUPPOSEDLY have? 1.6-1.8? I think it's really more like 1.3..... 1.0 sigma is a probability gradient like this:Image result for wows sigma explained

Tell me, which one does the Kronski remind you of? It shoots triangles constantly.

[BS]
Members
1,643 posts
8,491 battles
1 minute ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

BB, broadside, sub 10 Km, straddle with no hits.

You cannot rely on her guns, EVER... I gave up playing her one day where i had literally 6 perfectly broadside ships at various points in the match, each time the shells flew everywhere except where I aimed. 

See, I don't mind ships like Gascogne or Republique, it doesn't matter if 5 of the 8 shells go haywire, at least 1-3 will hit where you aim and do decent damage.

[DRACS]
Members
4,734 posts

She has a 2.0 sigma and so more shells connect than not. But her base dispersion is garbage.

And honestly, it kinda has to be. Her shells are murderously strong and can easily citadel battleships at range, which is something no other supercruiser can do reliably. And her AP DPM is also very strong. So the massive dispersion is a balancing factor to ensure she doesn't just take a dump on any ship she sees.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,108 posts
5,926 battles
15 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

She has a 2.0 sigma and so more shells connect than not. But her base dispersion is garbage.

And honestly, it kinda has to be. Her shells are murderously strong and can easily citadel battleships at range, which is something no other supercruiser can do reliably. And her AP DPM is also very strong. So the massive dispersion is a balancing factor to ensure she doesn't just take a dump on any ship she sees.

This. Kron with the supercruiser dispersion would probably be OP. She has really no issue citting BBs, and the fast RoF means even with occasional overpens she'll generally ruin other cruisers.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
2 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

What sigma does it SUPPOSEDLY have? 1.6-1.8? I think it's really more like 1.3..... 1.0 sigma is a probability gradient like this:Image result for wows sigma explained

Tell me, which one does the Kronski remind you of? It shoots triangles constantly.

2.0 Sigma on Kronsthadt, but the Super Cruiser dispersion is still BB-like.

9ijGb8H.jpg

It is why, if these Super Cruisers get into a shell trading game with a Cruiser that isn't showing broadsides, Kronsthadt, Alaska, Azuma can be in big trouble.

[GT99]
Members
613 posts
8,683 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

2.0 Sigma on Kronsthadt, but the Super Cruiser dispersion is still BB-like.

9ijGb8H.jpg

It is why, if these Super Cruisers get into a shell trading game with a Cruiser that isn't showing broadsides, Kronsthadt, Alaska, Azuma can be in big trouble.

I'll have to agree with this, played a game recently where I took an Alaska to task while I was in a Baltimore. He/she I am sure was none too happy.

[GT99]
Members
613 posts
8,683 battles

5 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

You cannot rely on her guns, EVER... I gave up playing her one day where i had literally 6 perfectly broadside ships at various points in the match, each time the shells flew everywhere except where I aimed. 

See, I don't mind ships like Gascogne or Republique, it doesn't matter if 5 of the 8 shells go haywire, at least 1-3 will hit where you aim and do decent damage.

That is no joke there....

[XBRTC]
Members
2,881 posts
9,089 battles

The dispersion seems to be very consistent within each battle, but wildly variable between battles. I really think that there’s an RNG coefficient set at the beginning of each battle which controls how well your ship will perform in that fight. My last battle in Kronstadt, I got 6 citadels in 4 consecutive broadsides against 3 different targets, with each target being between 12 and 18 kyards.

Members
1,565 posts
9,128 battles

Yep.  When the guns hit, they are fantastic but if RNG is not on your side, be prepared for a long rough game.   or if you had the teams i had the last 4-5 times i played it, your team melts before you can do much.  The ship lacks consistency. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,940 posts

Lol- it's because you neglected to pay the extra 250k free XP.

People ranted, wailed, and gnashed their teeth over the cost increase for Alaska vs Kron- but Alaska HITS what it shoots at on a consistent basis.  (and there are thus very few threads raging about it's performance in battle)

I'll also don my metal foil cap, and hazard that Kron's crummy accuracy resulted from it appearing around the same time as it's tier 10 cousin sold for steel.   SOMETHING had to be done to make it distinct...  

Or as the lead in the new class of supercruisers, they erred on the side of caution, to avoid blatant power creep and to leave themselves somewhere to go with Alaska and Azuma.

[ALL41]
Members
341 posts
8,382 battles

Having an understanding of where WG received their inspiration for Kron's guns, everything will start to make sense.     :cap_haloween:

IMG_4322.jpg

[NX01]
Members
1 post
4,964 battles

I heard that the poor dispersion coupled with the high velocity shells, means that you get some pretty bad patterns at times.  On top of that you will get some really annoying over-pens on broadside cruisers.  I do love the ship though.  Yeah there are times that it will drive you crazy with the bad shots but then it will also citadel battleships at 17km. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,245 posts
19,617 battles
3 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I'll have to agree with this, played a game recently where I took an Alaska to task while I was in a Baltimore. He/she I am sure was none too happy.

It's even funnier if you have a DM against them.