Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
blackstarraven

AA coverage indicator.

3 comments in this topic

[REN]
Beta Testers
58 posts
6,410 battles

Friend of mine came up with the ideal of letting ships know when they are in the AA coverage area of another ship. And how many.

We came up with this while watching a DD cry about how he was being killed by a pair of CV's..

With his entire team pointing out that he was literally 12km away from anyone who could help him.

A lot of the DD problem with CV right now are DD simply refusing to stay anywhere near the AA coverage of another ship.
I've seen 3 DD's fend of a pair of CV's with there AA Before.

We need some kind of reminder that you are no near another Ships AA.
You know.. To help the potatos.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
15,686 posts
10,411 battles
14 minutes ago, blackstarraven said:

Friend of mine came up with the ideal of letting ships know when they are in the AA coverage area of another ship. And how many.

We came up with this while watching a DD cry about how he was being killed by a pair of CV's..

With his entire team pointing out that he was literally 12km away from anyone who could help him.

A lot of the DD problem with CV right now are DD simply refusing to stay anywhere near the AA coverage of another ship.
I've seen 3 DD's fend of a pair of CV's with there AA Before.

We need some kind of reminder that you are no near another Ships AA.
You know.. To help the potatos.

Right now, 6.9km is the maximum AA range on the Seattle and Worcester. The majority of ships with 127mm-ish AA have a maximum AA range of 5.8km. A lot of ships have less AA range. So basically, you have to be within 5km of another ship for decent overlapping AA.

[REN]
Beta Testers
58 posts
6,410 battles
On 4/22/2019 at 11:45 PM, Kizarvexis said:

Right now, 6.9km is the maximum AA range on the Seattle and Worcester. The majority of ships with 127mm-ish AA have a maximum AA range of 5.8km. A lot of ships have less AA range. So basically, you have to be within 5km of another ship for decent overlapping AA.

Ya...

And?

Still has nothing to really do to support my point.

There should be a visual cue to tell you when/how many AA bubbles your currently in.

Sign in to follow this