You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

What I have noticed since being back.

10 comments in this topic

Members
367 posts

As some of you know I had to go to sea last summer and since I have been back I have noticed this. The gap between the good and bad player base has grown a lot. At one time it was a gap between the 55% and the 45% with a decent filler around 48-50%. Now the gap seem to be between the 55% and around the 40% with some filling the 45-50%. I see so many 40-43% players in game now and even a bunch below 40%. I also have noticed less unicums in game. How has this happened? I am not sure this is a good thing at all. I am wondering if there is something WG or us as a community can do about this?  

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles

Holy cow I thought that said black

• Funny 2

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles

I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see this. I think it's because those that have in essence mastered the game have moved on while those who have no idea what they are doing are still trying to play.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,117 posts
11,124 battles
23 minutes ago, Venac said:

As some of you know I had to go to sea last summer and since I have been back I have noticed this. The gap between the good and bad player base has grown a lot. At one time it was a gap between the 55% and the 45% with a decent filler around 48-50%. Now the gap seem to be between the 55% and around the 40% with some filling the 45-50%. I see so many 40-43% players in game now and even a bunch below 40%. I also have noticed less unicums in game. How has this happened? I am not sure this is a good thing at all. I am wondering if there is something WG or us as a community can do about this?  

1) Welcome back.

2) Some of the good players have left, be it on their own with changing interests, or left because of changes to the game such as the CV rework, earlier USN CV changes, pick your poison.

3) A lot of the new players do not want to invest the effort into improving, they already assume to be perfect, and anyone that's better than they are is obviously hacking, cheating, ect...

4) There's also probably a lot of burn-out, probably too many new events, ships, ect ... in too small a time frame, that will thin out the better players more than the churning mass of potato by-product.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,693 posts
15,405 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

I honestly wouldnt be surprised to see this. I think it's because those that have in essence mastered the game have moved on while those who have no idea what they are doing are still trying to play.

Not sure about the masters part but "still trying to play" seems about right …

People who didn't want to see their win rates go down sought refuge outside randoms or took a break … 

leaving us potatoes to fend for ourselves :)

Edited by Commander_367

[GT99]
Members
613 posts
8,683 battles
1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

Holy cow I thought that said black

He had one of them there gender surgeries....lol j/k 

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,752 posts
18,953 battles
4 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Not sure about the masters part but "still trying to play" seems about right …

People who didn't want to see their win rates go down sought refuge outside randoms or took a break … 

leaving us potatoes to fend for ourselves :)

I suppose mastery could mean a lot of things. In my case I have all the tier 10s now and I find myself a little bored outside of going after steel and coal. I guess we each enjoy different things but having nothing to grind for has really sort of bored me. Luckily the new carriers gave me something to do but I dont think the Russian BBs are all that enticing. 

I do agree, plenty of people just wanted to retire nice and purple too. It's the same reason lots of people do t like the CV rework, they cant play their ships the same after 3 to 4 years.

[WTAF]
Members
433 posts
14,988 battles

The CV rework did more damage to the game than even I predicted, and that's saying something (see my old posts). All of the CV players I used to play against regularly either quit the game or don't take CVs anymore; I am in the latter category, but I came a hair away from quitting and the way things are going I probably will. You can only ignore your customers' requests for so long before you don't HAVE any customers.

Just about everyone I know has stopped purchasing anything. Their ridiculously high prices and unwanted bundles are a huge turn-off. Add in the fact that the amount of scrub players at mid-high tier has been increasing exponentially due to WoWS making it easy to get to T10, and you have the workings of an epic fail.

• Boring 1

[H_]
Members
2,419 posts
11 minutes ago, War_Maggot said:

The CV rework did more damage to the game than even I predicted, and that's saying something (see my old posts). All of the CV players I used to play against regularly either quit the game or don't take CVs anymore; I am in the latter category, but I came a hair away from quitting and the way things are going I probably will. You can only ignore your customers' requests for so long before you don't HAVE any customers.

Just about everyone I know has stopped purchasing anything. Their ridiculously high prices and unwanted bundles are a huge turn-off. Add in the fact that the amount of scrub players at mid-high tier has been increasing exponentially due to WoWS making it easy to get to T10, and you have the workings of an epic fail.

Or, an epic young adult, consul oriented, small map, arcade shooter.........!    All of the above is true and well stated.   OP, it's really a confused mess.  The first meta (Radar and HE Spam) seems to have driven a lot of good players down, into tiers 5-7 and they took their radar ships to farm noobs at tier 5-6.   And, a lot are still there !  The second meta de evolution of the game, seems to have seriously screwed up the population and many went down tier and haven't come back....

We lost a few, a few retired, a bunch are now in lower tiers till the CV meta dissolves or fails and as said above, there are a lot of new or newer players whom have "bought into" the game and have not ground a single ship in the tech tree.  Ran into one an hour ago in a random match and he shot our own carrier (and was reported) since our carrier decided to suicide and tried to ram another ship because he "felt like it..." (and, he was reported.....)  I have a screen shot if I can figure out how to not name names....  We were all speechless.........  It's gotten a bit weird out there......

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts

Biggest, best advice is stop using the stats of other players to determine the state of the game. Start by making your own stats private. Afterwards, have a drink and celebrate about playing a game, not competing in an individual team oriented environment as a single player. Stats suck the joy out of FUN. 

It's a known fact - 63% prefer no stats. :cap_haloween: