Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericmopar

Fix Your Team Damage Sytem Wargaming

16 comments in this topic

[VN]
Members
143 posts
2,948 battles

I keep having these games, like one I just played, where I get fined for damaging a Graff Spee that turned into me over and over and over during a match, while I was playing Fuso which is a BB and not able to turn for beans.
I tried to move away and the jerk kept following me essentially.

I'm sick of being in BBs which don't turn or stop for beans and getting penalized.

20190422_173211_PJSB006-Fuso-1943_08_NE_passage.wowsreplay

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
4,724 posts
7,789 battles

They also get fined - the exact same amount.  Problem is - they have no real way to determine who is at fault or intentional vs not paying attention.  If ion a BB - watch more carefully - and this is coming from a BB main.

Edited by CylonRed

[PVE]
Members
15,800 posts
10,460 battles
1 minute ago, Ericmopar said:

I keep having these games, like one I just played, where I get fined for damaging a Graff Spee that turned into me over and over and over during a match, while I was playing Fuso which is a BB and not able to turn for beans.

I'm sick of being in BBs which don't turn or stop for beans and getting penalized.

A little friendly paint scaping does not do much for turning you pink, so it is usually not a big deal. But from what you are saying, this person followed you ramming you to turn you pink, correct?

If so, I'm sure he turned pink as well. Ramming damage is applied to both parties as determining intent and blame is usually hard. The more he turns pink, the more likely he is to turn orange and be confined to co-op for a time. Continued team damage and he will be banned for a time. 

For most people, accidental team damage is just a warning. But for serial team damage people, it leads to real sanctions.

[VN]
Members
143 posts
2,948 battles

I honestly don't know if it was intentional or super dupper non situational awareness.
I know the problem is worse during afternoons on the NA server and it happens a lot, even when I try to go off on my own and give myself room.
Maybe some of these butts are using me for cover?

[MEIST]
Members
1,146 posts
4,486 battles

I only saw him run into you once. Can be a replay glitch but didn't see you turn pink in this game.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,441 posts
16,847 battles
55 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

WG help this man!  He cant stop for beans!

Are beans really worth stopping for? Seriously?

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

They must be.  He wants to turn for them and stop for them and he just cant!:cap_haloween:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,441 posts
16,847 battles
7 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

They must be.  He wants to turn for them and stop for them and he just cant!:cap_haloween:

Chili I could understand, and of course bacon, even a spicy burrito …. but beans? Kind of a stretch there Amigo! But hey, different strokes for different folks.

[WOLFG]
Members
6,046 posts
3,893 battles
15 minutes ago, Umikami said:

What if they are magic beans?

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,441 posts
16,847 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

ALL beans are magic beans; they inflate you every time.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
602 posts
1 hour ago, Ericmopar said:

Maybe some of these butts are using me for cover?

PROBABLY  I've noticed a lot more instances of meat-shielding sense 8.0 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
977 posts
15,143 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I start every day with a hot potion brewed from magic beans.

Beta Testers
7 posts
2,082 battles

They need to fix the team damage. I got restricted to coop for 8 games when a teammate sailed beside me and I fired over him. apparently I did 200 hp damage to him 3 times in one match, so that is why I get essentially banned for the game? No wonder not many play anymore. I know i will not be playing anymore. I am surprised everyone is  not restricted to coop battles all the time.

Members
1,182 posts
5,156 battles
14 minutes ago, daddeo2 said:

They need to fix the team damage. I got restricted to coop for 8 games when a teammate sailed beside me and I fired over him. apparently I did 200 hp damage to him 3 times in one match, so that is why I get essentially banned for the game? No wonder not many play anymore. I know i will not be playing anymore. I am surprised everyone is  not restricted to coop battles all the time.

If you got a penalty that restricted you to co-op for 8 games, you did more than 200 hp of damage times 3. It means you were flagged as a "habitual" violater.  We've had the automated anti-abuse system for over a year now, since April 2018, and I've gotten a 3-game pink penalty may be three times in all that time... and one of those was testing the system on the PTS.

On 4/22/2019 at 8:54 PM, Ericmopar said:

Unless there is a bug with the replay, I only saw you and the Graf Spee trade paint once. It must have not done that much damage because you didn't turn pink. And it shouldn't have been that much of a fine. The Graf Spee commander was also fined in that case. Looks like the Graf Spee player just got tunnel vision and didn't look to see if another ship was in his or her path where they were going to turn, your Fuso.  Unfortunately, these things happen sometimes, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

[VN]
Members
143 posts
2,948 battles
On 6/4/2019 at 12:57 AM, daVinci761st said:

If you got a penalty that restricted you to co-op for 8 games, you did more than 200 hp of damage times 3. It means you were flagged as a "habitual" violater.  We've had the automated anti-abuse system for over a year now, since April 2018, and I've gotten a 3-game pink penalty may be three times in all that time... and one of those was testing the system on the PTS.

Unless there is a bug with the replay, I only saw you and the Graf Spee trade paint once. It must have not done that much damage because you didn't turn pink. And it shouldn't have been that much of a fine. The Graf Spee commander was also fined in that case. Looks like the Graf Spee player just got tunnel vision and didn't look to see if another ship was in his or her path where they were going to turn, your Fuso.  Unfortunately, these things happen sometimes, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

We only traded paint once but I had to wast time dodging them several times before that when I could have been aiming and shooting.

I have DDs and Cruisers regularly turn and hit me while playing. I'll even try to move off from them and have them slow down with me and hug me, herding me and keeping me from turning and angling properly.
It's especially a problem in the wee hours, when I play the most.
I've figured out they will stay put and not move at spawn until I do. Then follow me, so it's some kind of trolling apparently

I've waited for a minute or more at the start of a game to see what these DDs and Cruisers will do, since they don't start moving at the start, and almost every time they move with me as soon as I start moving.
I'm pretty sure it's a kind of trolling behavior.

Sign in to follow this