You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scrapyard_

Should WG listen to this type of player.

113 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
454 posts
8,353 battles

This player below is one of the big complainers in the forums asking for nerfs and changes to the game. Should WG listen to a player like this? I feel they should not. 

This.jpg

• Cool 16
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[CAFE]
Members
1,726 posts
12,446 battles
3 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

This player below is one of the big complainers in the forums asking for nerfs and changes to the game. Should WG listen to a player like this? I feel they should not. 

This.jpg

I think the answer is pretty obvious...

• Cool 1

[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles

Whew I thought it was me

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,145 battles

I mean yes and no... yes because this type of player probably pays the bills. No because this type of player won't have meaningful feedback.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,659 posts

WG should listen to all player feedback.

The action taken based upon player feedback should be carefully considered though.  I think they do the latter pretty well.

• Cool 3

[NSEW]
Members
1,208 posts

More to the point. What did that player did to you to deserve a forum thread all on its own?

• Funny 2

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,797 posts
5,298 battles

Knowing how to do something and being able to do it are two different things.  The player's complaints and comments should be taken on their merit.

If they have none, that should be pretty obvious. 

So, and this is not a snide question, why post this?  I'm honestly curious.

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
3,161 posts
17,061 battles
11 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

This.jpg

Quit stat shaming me

Gawd

• Funny 5

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles

Every player has his voice, even the worst potato has the right to express his opinion.

Now it's up to WG to decide whether they should or should not implement what the player is asking. 

• Cool 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
1,638 posts
5,415 battles
Just now, AlcatrazNC said:

Every player has his voice, even the worst potato has the right to express his opinion.

Indeed.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,734 posts
2,514 battles

WG should listen to people who understand the mechanics and can perform fairly consistently.

Just because potato player XYZ plays the game, doesn't mean that his ineptitude should affect the rest of the playerbase when it comes to voicing what changes should be made.

It's a bit like lowering test standards in a school for everyone just because one dumbarse can't work out 2+2.

• Cool 4

[FORM]
Members
454 posts
8,353 battles
12 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

More to the point. What did that player did to you to deserve a forum thread all on its own?

This player has over 1k posts in the forum and most are nothing but complaints asking for nerfs. He is not alone in this. There are many bad players who do the same with no clue what they are taking about. If WG listens to players like this I feel it can only hurt the game not help it. 

Edited by Scrapyard_
  • Cool 3

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
9 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Show a shred of evidence that WG has listened to any type of player

The GC.  Just what, a month or two ago?  They announced that they would be completely ditching their "nerfing" of the GC premium based solely on outcry of players about.  Suboctavian said specifically that.

• Cool 3

Members
1,137 posts
7,042 battles
23 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Pretty sure you shouldn't be stat shaming.

He is not stat shaming. Their is no name in that pic and he does not say who it is. 

• Cool 1

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The GC.  Just what, a month or two ago?  They announced that they would be completely ditching their "nerfing" of the GC premium based solely on outcry of players about.  Suboctavian said specifically that.

What type of player complained about that they listened to?  Did they only listen to people with a 50% win rate?  55%  or a 2.0 k/d?  Or did they realize it themselves that it would set a god awful precedent for future premium sales and just give us lip service by saying "public outcry"?

Edited by T_O_dubl_D
Autocorrect corrected
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
5 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

What type of player complained about that they listened to?  Did they only listen to people with a 50% win rate?  55%  or a 2.0 k/d?  Or did they realize it themselves that it would set a god awful precedent for future premium sales and just give us lip service by saying "public outcry"?

They didn't say.  You asked for an example.  I provided one.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,342 posts
11,846 battles
29 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Pretty sure you shouldn't be stat shaming.

There is no name attached.

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

They didn't say.  You asked for an example.  I provided one.

I asked for an example of WG listening to a TYPE of player as the OP specifically called out in an attempt to run down and devalue the TYPE that has lower stats and therefore a lesser opinion and worth.  

[A-D-F]
3,659 posts
7 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

I asked for an example of WG listening to a TYPE of player as the OP specifically called out in an attempt to run down and devalue the TYPE that has lower stats and therefore a lesser opinion and worth.  

You said (and I quoted) "any type of player".  The example includes many types of players.  You seem to just be debating for the sake of debating at this point so I will cease.

• Cool 1