You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KriegsMarineWerft

last time Perm Camos were on SALE...

12 comments in this topic

Members
22 posts
11,474 battles

Anyone remembers that the permanent camos were on sale?  As I remember, T6~T9 camos were on sale late April 2018, T9 were on sale during the last ranked season.  But I cannot recall when was WG put T10 perm camos on sale... There was one time T10 perm camo discount at 50% off. 

Anyone remembers?

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,688 posts
3,560 battles

I dont think there has ever been one for tier 10. Tier 10 camos are so much better than the other permanent camos, and it would be a huge financial loss to put them on sale.

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
16 minutes ago, KriegsMarineWerft said:

Anyone remembers that the permanent camos were on sale?  As I remember, T6~T9 camos were on sale late April 2018, T9 were on sale during the last ranked season.  But I cannot recall when was WG put T10 perm camos on sale... There was one time T10 perm camo discount at 50% off. 

Anyone remembers?

I want to say that perma-camo was on sale Thanksgiving to Christmas-ish 2018. T9 perma-camo was on sale right before 8.0 dropped Jan 31st, 2019.

[EQRN]
Members
1,321 posts
12,249 battles

T6-9 was on sale around Christmas and T9 during last ranked.  Next season is T10, it will be interesting to see if the camos get some sort of discount. A long time ago they had a 10% discount on anything purchased with doubloons which was in effect a 10% for the T10 camos.  

T10 camos probably make a lot of money for WG.

And you have to realize if there is a good sale that this board, Reddit etc will go apesh*t because “it’s not fair” to those who bought camos at full price, and they demand a refund, yadda yadda.

Beta Testers
387 posts
7,567 battles

Talking about Perma Camo, anyone know why WG only has Perma-camo for a select few ships? Why not give the option to buy Perma-camo for all ships? I know i would spend a lot of gold if more ships had Perma Camo

[BS]
Members
1,645 posts
8,491 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

I dont think there has ever been one for tier 10. Tier 10 camos are so much better than the other permanent camos, and it would be a huge financial loss to put them on sale.

Not really... They might get 1,000 people to buy them... as opposed to 300 at regular price. what are they losing exactly?

1,000x 2,500=

300x 5,000=

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,246 posts
19,617 battles

I can't recall a time Tier X Perma-Camo has ever been on sale.  You can acquire some free ones on very rare events.  Or during Doubloon discounts.

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
46 minutes ago, CaptChico said:

Talking about Perma Camo, anyone know why WG only has Perma-camo for a select few ships? Why not give the option to buy Perma-camo for all ships? I know i would spend a lot of gold if more ships had Perma Camo

All T6 tech tree ships can buy perma-camo. New York has perma-camo and  Emerald was offered perma-camo in Mar 2017. Besides those two T5 tech tree ships, only the three Halloween perma-camos in T3 are the only ships at less than T6 with perma-camo. Probably because of the lower service costs at lower tiers.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
21,307 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

All T6 tech tree ships can buy perma-camo. New York has perma-camo and  Emerald was offered perma-camo in Mar 2017. Besides those two T5 tech tree ships, only the three Halloween perma-camos in T3 are the only ships at less than T6 with perma-camo. Probably because of the lower service costs at lower tiers.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

There was also the Halloween camo for Nikolai as well. Rasputin I think it was called. It is pretty rare, it was very expensive when it was released and doubt many people actually purchased it. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,660 posts
2 hours ago, CaptChico said:

Don't all T6+ ships have perma camo for sale right in the exterior tab?

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

There was also the Halloween camo for Nikolai as well. Rasputin I think it was called. It is pretty rare, it was very expensive when it was released and doubt many people actually purchased it. 

Yes, it was 5k Doubloons IIRC. But Nikolai is a premium ship.

7 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Don't all T6+ ships have perma camo for sale right in the exterior tab?

Yes, the tech tree ships do. Some of the premium ships have alternative perma-camo, but almost every one has the same stats. The Prinz Eugen Eagle camo and the Kobayashi camos are a few of the exceptions for premium ships.

Edited by Kizarvexis