Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
when the Essex should return to the game in the middle of the year or the end of the year I miss him it was a ship that was almost catching </3

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[U571]
Privateers
321 posts
4,398 battles

WG said a while back that they odd tier would return with an alternate play style I believe called the Utility carriers. It was also said somewhere I think that they may have the ability to cap and smoke but with less strike power. I was going to say it was so far back I wouldn’t be able to find sources but I found it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

AD5F9D54-8BFC-4146-8F04-95F54D91685E.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,120
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,142 posts
9,473 battles
26 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

WG said a while back that they odd tier would return with an alternate play style I believe called the Utility carriers. It was also said somewhere I think that they may have the ability to cap and smoke but with less strike power. I was going to say it was so far back I wouldn’t be able to find sources but I found it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

AD5F9D54-8BFC-4146-8F04-95F54D91685E.png

but who is really going to play a CV that doesnt fight the other ships? thats the question i wonder if WG knows the answer to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
41 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

WG disse há algum tempo que eles voltariam com um estilo de jogo alternativo que eu chamaria de portadores de utilidade. Também foi dito em algum lugar que eu acho que eles podem ter a capacidade de tampar e fumar, mas com menos poder de ataque. Eu ia dizer que era tão antigo que não conseguiria achar fontes, mas achei.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

AD5F9D54-8BFC-4146-8F04-95F54D91685E.png

 

I was very sad when I learned that the essex was removed from the game if they brought him with only defense planes to other ships loses grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,257
[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
1 hour ago, blackbird_521 said:

when the Essex should return to the game in the middle of the year or the end of the year I miss him it was a ship that was almost catching </3

maxresdefault.jpg

Why did Essex have that radio antabba running down the hull of the ship?

I don't think thats good for planes! 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
39 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Por que Essex tinha aquele rádio antabba correndo pelo casco do navio?

Eu não acho que isso é bom para os aviões! 

a good question would not interfere

009C.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,355
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,643 posts
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

but who is really going to play a CV that doesnt fight the other ships? thats the question i wonder if WG knows the answer to

If I am rewarded equally, in the same way that a ship that attacks other ships is rewarded, if I can have impact on a game equal to that of other ships, I would play a support class CV.

I think it would be a cool addition to clan wars especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
121 posts
15,065 battles

The radio aerials swing out to starboard during air operations, then back to vertical for max reception range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
121 posts
15,065 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Why did Essex have that radio antabba running down the hull of the ship?

I don't think thats good for planes

The radio aerials swing out to starboard during air operations, then back to vertical for max reception range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
709
[90TH]
Members
1,711 posts
10,757 battles
2 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

but who is really going to play a CV that doesnt fight the other ships? thats the question i wonder if WG knows the answer to

I would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[HIT]
Members
164 posts
8,230 battles
2 hours ago, embeddeddear97 said:

WG said a while back that they odd tier would return with an alternate play style I believe called the Utility carriers. It was also said somewhere I think that they may have the ability to cap and smoke but with less strike power. I was going to say it was so far back I wouldn’t be able to find sources but I found it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

 

I wouldn't put too much stock in what they claim here. They just didn't want to have to admit the rework was very much rushed into the game and removing half the ships made things a helluva lot easier.

We'd be more likely to see them return inside the current tree, in a revert to RTS, as premiums or not at all rather than in some new "utility" form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
111
[-VT-]
Members
647 posts
8,307 battles

I wonder if they would bring back the odd tier CVs as ones that would provide air cover for surface ships?  Would be weird having one line providing damage to ships and other line going directly after the opposing aircraft, wonder if that would even work....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
8 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Eu me pergunto se eles trariam de volta os CVs de níveis ímpares como aqueles que forneceriam cobertura aérea para navios de superfície? Seria estranho ter uma linha fornecendo danos aos navios e outra linha indo diretamente após a aeronave adversária, pergunto se isso funcionaria mesmo ....

 

maybe they can bring the essex was the ship that caught my attention the most

q12t5yxtz1321 (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,257
[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
On 4/22/2019 at 9:06 PM, Morte_DeMeat said:

The radio aerials swing out to starboard during air operations, then back to vertical for max reception range

Like the ranger.

Its funny because in all the pics I have seen over the years I have never seen the anntena loke that.

The most important cv class should be in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,257
[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
On 4/22/2019 at 9:35 PM, blackbird_521 said:

 

maybe they can bring the essex was the ship that caught my attention the most

q12t5yxtz1321 (1).jpg

When was Yorktown ever in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles
7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

When was Yorktown ever in game?

The Enterprise is in game, so their model work is mostly done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,257
[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
59 minutes ago, Frenotx said:

The Enterprise is in game, so their model work is mostly done.

Was excited when your pick said Yorktown.

Yes it's same class so its not a big deal with the model. Bigger question is how do they make it different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,341 posts
3,206 battles
Just now, jags_domain said:

Was excited when your pick said Yorktown.

Yes it's same class so its not a big deal with the model. Bigger question is how do they make it different?

Different from what? The Enterprise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[TATIC]
Members
32 posts
15 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Estava animado quando sua escolha disse Yorktown.

Sim, é da mesma classe, então não é grande coisa com o modelo. Maior questão é como eles fazem diferente?

 

the second line of aircraft carriers could be very well AP bombs for Americans and Hé for Japanese would do it right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,257
[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts
9 minutes ago, blackbird_521 said:

 

the second line of aircraft carriers could be very well AP bombs for Americans and Hé for Japanese would do it right

Would be interesting. They talked about things like smoke screen planes and other deffenxive ideas but I cant see that interesting at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,638
[TARK]
Members
3,319 posts
1,435 battles
On 4/22/2019 at 5:57 PM, tcbaker777 said:

but who is really going to play a CV that doesnt fight the other ships? thats the question i wonder if WG knows the answer to

All of us old USN AS RTS mains...

On 4/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, DemonGod3 said:

I wonder if they would bring back the odd tier CVs as ones that would provide air cover for surface ships?  Would be weird having one line providing damage to ships and other line going directly after the opposing aircraft, wonder if that would even work....

You mean like the old USN RTS strike vs air superiority loadout choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×