You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GuessIllJustDie

Something fun

11 comments in this topic

[KSD]
Members
933 posts
6,079 battles

WG can we have a free for all game mode. No teams, No capture points, No base defense, just outright killing every ship and last survivor wins.

Or maybe a game mode where we can team kill and not be punished for it

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,677 posts
3,550 battles

Issue with that is the game is so rock paper scissors. What would work best is the free for all with all the same ship class. 

A Kurfirst vs a Shimikaze. Whose gonna win that one.

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
8 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Issue with that is the game is so rock paper scissors. What would work best is the free for all with all the same ship class. 

A Kurfirst vs a Shimikaze. Whose gonna win that one.

Exactly right.  On the surface it sounds fun and I actually started to post in this thread a while ago but the more you think about it...clearly it should just would not work.  Clearly DDs lose to BB player with any skill as well as any cruiser that press the magic radar button. 

Even within the classes the scales dont balance that well.  There are a few powerhouses that dominate the rest of the class in each ship type if it came down to a one on one fight.

Members
2,417 posts
10,179 battles
3 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Exactly right.  On the surface it sounds fun and I actually started to post in this thread a while ago but the more you think about it...clearly it should just would not work.  Clearly DDs lose to BB player with any skill as well as any cruiser that press the magic radar button. 

Even within the classes the scales dont balance that well.  There are a few powerhouses that dominate the rest of the class in each ship type if it came down to a one on one fight.

Equally skilled, a Torp DD (or hybrid, a DD who has torp ranges longer than concealment)  should never lose to a BB 1on1, except maybe the Missouri. The DD would never be spotted. 

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,677 posts
3,550 battles
1 minute ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Equally skilled, a Torp DD should never lose to a BB 1on1, except maybe the Missouri. The DD would never be spotted. 

I was about to say... the shim was the winner in my fictional example:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
900 posts
3,912 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

I was about to say... the shim was the winner in my fictional example:Smile_teethhappy:

Shima torps have bad detection and a good BB driver with hydro could dodge for a long time and make it really difficult but I agree there is no way that the BB gets the kill unless the shima makes serious mistakes.  But a Shima would never make it to the "final" in a scenario like that.  It would get chewed up long before it came down to a one one fight with a BB in a battle royale scenario unless very lucky

-Members-
1,259 posts
508 battles

This is definitely an interesting idea!  Having some kind of free for all mode might be fun but the next question...how would you design the map?  Which existing map would you repurpose?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,476 posts
10,544 battles
23 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

This is definitely an interesting idea!  Having some kind of free for all mode might be fun but the next question...how would you design the map?  Which existing map would you repurpose?

Ocean

LoL that would be my preference, but I am sure that wouldn't be picked. Maybe shards? In any event, I could see BB's being at a disadvantage. It would probably turn into long range radar cruisers that had hydro and heal. Or,  DD fiesta.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

Members
1,449 posts
10,437 battles
2 hours ago, Radar_X said:

put it on ocean....purest map....purest results.

• Cool 1