You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
505 posts
1,584 battles

just got my hands on the akizuki i am excited to play my first game in it (and likely suck in it at first). I just have a small question. what are some good builds and upgrades for this ship?

Screenshot (232).png

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

This is my go-to build for 秋月.

SmartSelect_20190422-132108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9746205df315726837313c5fd5942cdc.jpg

Note:  Even though you can penetrate 32mm of armor with IFHE, Akizuki's muzzle velocity is 1,000m/s with her Long 10cm High Angle guns. At ranges less than 10km, you can citadel most cruisers easily, and against broadside BBs, the AP DPM is superior to her HE when aiming at the superstructure.

For a more advanced kiting gunboat build, try this one. It's the most fun I've ever had in a DD.

SmartSelect_20190422-132726_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1f425727f4d940cdce092964a4ca5bf6.jpg

Edited by WuYixiang
  • Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
663 posts
10,112 battles
5 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

This is my go-to build for 秋月.

SmartSelect_20190422-132108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9746205df315726837313c5fd5942cdc.jpg

I agree w/ Wu except I would trade DE for Superintendent...here's why...SI gives you an extra Torp Reload Boost (along w/ extra smoke and speed boost)  The Torp reload is 22,500 silver...and you dont see those hardly at all in your daily crates, even if you pick consumables, as I do, for your 3 daily crates.  Otherwise a great build!  With IFHE and increasing ROF with Adrenalin rush, you'll shread damage!

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
4 minutes ago, Sinton said:

I agree w/ Wu except I would trade DE for Superintendent...here's why...SI gives you an extra Torp Reload Boost (along w/ extra smoke and speed boost)  The Torp reload is 22,500 silver...and you dont see those hardly at all in your daily crates, even if you pick consumables, as I do, for your 3 daily crates.  Otherwise a great build!  With IFHE and increasing ROF with Adrenalin rush, you'll shread damage!

I hardly ever use TRB, and I always end up with extra smoke and engine boost with SI. Different strokes for different folks. :D

Why do I pick DE, then? 0.02 × 8 guns × 22.22 RPM per gun (with BFT) = ~3.55 fires per minute.

Edited by WuYixiang

[LOS]
Members
663 posts
10,112 battles
Just now, WuYixiang said:

I hardly ever use TRB, and I always end up with extra smoke and engine boost with SI. Different strokes for different folks. :D

I love to pitch out more of a wall of torps and i can do that every other time torps come up...so that kinda matches my playstyle.  Makes Aki like a hybrid Torp and Gun boat...but that's me...  my Mom smoked, drank and did amphetamines while she carried (She was Grad Student at the time) plus I got dropped on my head alot, so take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of NaCl :Smile_child:

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
Just now, Sinton said:

I love to pitch out more of a wall of torps and i can do that every other time torps come up...so that kinda matches my playstyle.  Makes Aki like a hybrid Torp and Gun boat...but that's me...  my Mom smoked, drank and did amphetamines while she carried (She was Grad Student at the time) plus I got dropped on my head alot, so take EVERYTHING I say with a grain of NaCl :Smile_child:

Haha! When it comes to most ships, I'm a min/maxer, meaning if it's got bad (or few in Akizuki's case) torpedoes, I don't bother with improving them.

[LOS]
Members
663 posts
10,112 battles
29 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

Haha! When it comes to most ships, I'm a min/maxer, meaning if it's got bad (or few in Akizuki's case) torpedoes, I don't bother with improving them.

Please don't take this as arguing, but I find these conversations helpful.  I see a new perspective and I examine my own nebulous ideas.

Aki's torps at 20K + damage a hit are some of the best damage dealers at tier 8.

With torp reload in the 1st 14 min of battle you throw out an additional 16 torps... that's ~ 330,000 in potential additional damage left on the table without TRB.  CV's have changed the game and I'm finding it harder to survive the 1st 10 min of a match, unless I stand off a bit   throw out more torps,  then close in and kill the wounded.

Thanks Wu as for an enjoyable exchange.  +1 on your original post here.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
5 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Aki's torps at 20K + damage a hit are some of the best damage dealers at tier 8.

The IJN's Type 93 Long Lance torpedoes are some of the best damage dealers, but with 1×4 torpedo launcher, I'm hard pressed to actually hit anything due to the nature of torpedoes. Even with TRB, the 5-second delay in between torp launches (unlike Kagerou's instant double spread) gives OpFor more than enough time to react, and it's often a 50/50 whether or not they react in a way that allows the second set of torpedoes to hit. In my opinion, it's a lot better to sit near your maximum range and play like a Tier 8 Atlanta than it is to attempt to act like a DD until much later in the game.

With Akizuki, almost every DD spots you, CVs spot you, and radar spots you. And 33kn. is not nearly enough speed to evade incoming fire from multiple sources.

I love bouncing ideas off of other players, and I find this conversation very enlightening. I'd +1 your post, but I'm out of reactions for the day.

Edited by WuYixiang