Femennenly

Privateer Program: General Information + FAQ

74 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
1,446 posts
14,064 battles

Privateers.png
We are excited to announce the introduction of the World of Warships Privateers Program!

This initiative will reward and salute members of the community that we identify as contributing in ways other than just content creation.

The sort of players the Privateer Program will include could be: 

• event organizers.
  • model makers.
  • wiki editors etc.
  • volunteer moderators.
  • People we believe add and contribute to the World of Warships community and deserve this reward and recognition.

Benefits of the Privateers Program:

• Will be issued this swashbuckingly good looking insignia (shown above)
  • A distinctive and suitably heroic in-game patch (right)
  • As well as a in-game flag to signal their prestigious status (left)
  • Access to a dedicated Discord with access to the World of Warships Development team to aid and assist them in continuing their outstanding efforts
  • Early access to upcoming content

Privateers2.pngFlag.png

This will not be an application-based system but one where regional teams will reach out directly to candidates they identify.

Thank you all for making the World of Warships community what it is and keep a weather eye for these new marauders in game.

Action Stations!

• Cool 37
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

Avast me hearties! :cap_viking: Oh wait, wrong side.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,276 posts
10,108 battles

Glad to see this arriving at last. =)

• Boring 1

[JKSDF]
Privateers, Supertester
928 posts
2,981 battles

After many years of hard work, wiki editors finally get a (shared...!) flag! Huzzah!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,469 posts
17,698 battles

I approve!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[5BS]
Members
7,625 posts

How many of my lego models/Cobi updates would I have to post to get a Privateer flag? Cause I can start going any time and even post the LDD's so that others can build/modify their own (I even have an LDD of just all the Hulls, no super-structures or guns or props, that I use myself when doing a new design (spoiler: most CV's are basically slightly modified Battleship Hulls and Battlecruisers are slightly thinned/lengthened Battleship hulls).

• Cool 1

[EGIRL]
Members
583 posts
5,411 battles

Avast ye!  A privateer is a buffed pirate.  The no prey, no pay rule has been rescinded in favor of salty dogs who share the booty.  Update the Pirate Code accordingly.

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
461 posts
12,863 battles

Nice. The more people get recognized for their efforts the more they will want to continue doing them so the rest of us benefit. Good on the person that decided to pursue this on the WG staff.

• Cool 1

[AVW]
Members
94 posts
6,730 battles

Outstanding! 👊...glad to see this type of recognition for those who deserved and earned such recognition. Well done and Thanks for all the hard work WG Staff. 👏👏

Edited by TorchCad30

[RKN]
Privateers
5 posts
6,578 battles

Absolutely fantastic idea!  I can think of a few people who definitely deserve the commendation and would benefit greatly from the new channels of communication.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
168 posts
7,442 battles

This makes me think of a couple guys right off the bat,   Kizarvexis,  Taylor3006AdmiralThunderLightninger, and Lord_Zath.

These guys are awesome and helped me try to get better at the this game. They are very informative. Plus, they do not make degrading or polarizing posts on this forum. Always upbeat.

Edited by JBR40
spelling
  • Cool 3

-Members-
1,640 posts
785 battles
6 hours ago, Peppa_Chan_v3v said:

Also for the international communities?

Yes, of course! This  will be determined by regional teams for people they are interested in adding to the program. Each region will have their own players participating in the Privateer Program. 

7 hours ago, lost113001 said:

what is the discord channel to be able to participate ? i tried to find it but didnt work out 

Hello, lost113001 the discord channel will be for players that have been accepted into the Privateers program. This will not be a public channel.

Please remember that there is no application process to the Privateers Program, players will be chosen by us if we feel they are a good fit for this program.

Thanks!

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,843 posts
4,057 battles

Ok...That's cool,   who do I have to [edited] to get one of those?   :Smile_teethhappy:

Surely there is some.. kind of merit to terrible forum posting all day every day........

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
393 posts
4,673 battles

I suspect we keep our eyes open for chances to help out with the wiki and other ways to contribute. Kudos for finding more ways to engage people who love the game. O7.

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
305 posts
12,068 battles

Yessss……!! A Pirates dream! Looting by Marque.

I have gunpowder and rum! Mostly rum :Smile_izmena:

tumblr_ofrndra4Rh1vp06m2o1_500.gif

[CUTER]
Members
817 posts
22,390 battles

Kami,

I like this idea.  Well done.

Edit - If this ever developed further I would look at sending out specific individual rewards such as the something along the lines of John Paul Jones and Sir Francis Drake.  Maybe unique captain's with a cool voice over but no special abilities etc.

Edited by Kongo_Pride

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, Uber_Ghost said:

Avast ye!  A privateer is a buffed pirate.  The no prey, no pay rule has been rescinded in favor of salty dogs who share the booty.  Update the Pirate Code accordingly.

You seem disturbingly familiar with the subject...  :Smile_child:

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
509 posts
7,442 battles

I have wanted to talk to the developers, and or modelers for WOWs for quite some time now. I dont know if they would consider any of the model work as of any help to them, but I would gladly help them, and or submit my ship models and kit bash ships for them to implement into the game, if they found any value to them. 480693041_AnreaDoriaRough3a.thumb.png.06c6ecd551cfa6a9e202615041582f97.png

Model of Julius Caesar next to Roma by Maxromash. I use the JC to strip the upper deck guns, and alter the superstructure to be like that of the Andrea Doria. 

The hulls are very similar and the dimensions are easily adjusted. I use the aa and secondary guns from Roma to create Andrea Doria. 1330973468_AnreaDoriaRough1c.thumb.png.e1b2932d9ba7d171de8c65440a84e69f.png

I have moved the guns to reflect Andrea Doria. I still need to alter the center section of the superstructure on the ship. I have a book on order to hopefully

get better pictures of the architecture right behind the main bridge structure. The line drawings, and most photographs online do not show this well.Deutschland_Lutzow2a.thumb.png.e03a377406376213ce057d567c934788.png

Converting Graf Spee to Deutschland, and or Lutzow as she was renamed. The ships hulls were almost identical. The bridge and 

layout were not. the guns, and aft torpedo launchers are not in the same locations. The upper deck length is slightly different and around 7 meters shorter. The main bridge

and deckhouse is a totally different design. The Arado scout plane and catapult are just aft of the main bridge area, in front of the funnel. On Graf Spee, and Scheer they are aft of the funnel.

I didn't think that it would be very difficult to bash this ship, but I was wrong. I had to alter the main turrets range finders as they are further back on the Spee, and Scheer. 810kpsJ4vmL.thumb.jpg.5a5910c772bba4cb7c63ba4fe428d5a1.jpg

I paid about 32 dollars for this book for more reference about Deutschland/Lutzow. It shows the 1942 configuration. These books are invaluable. I wish there was one for Andria Doria, but no such luck at the moment. I might have to buy Blue Prints of her if I can find them. DanteAlighieri1932Rough16daa.thumb.png.0eda7a33f262ef7198ae9bcf1fe1cb72.png

This is Dante Alighieri. Based on the 1928, 23,000 ton proposed Battleship design that Italy was considering before it decided

to use the money to upgrade the 4 - WW1 Battleships instead. This ship would have had 6 - 15 inch (381mm) guns. Somewhat

like the Scharnhorst sisters were suppose to, but the guns were a 1916 design, and not as modern as the longer and newer ones 

that were used on Roma.

Mclass1938Rough1j.thumb.png.454f5a2446b34e08b64557e2b7eb05a6.png

Here I am attempting to splice the aft section of Nuremberg to the hull of Yorck, and alter the dimensions to match the M class light 

cruiser design for Plan Z. 2 of the ships keels were laid down in 1938, but later after being canceled the steel was used for tanks, and submarines.

Mclass1938Rough5j.thumb.png.3920e30448bde96a712fc46a756dd16a.png

On a different visual level in the Blender program, I lay out the main 15cm guns and the 88mm large AA guns along with the catapult and 

a few smaller guns/deck boats. I stared modeling the funnel sponson nests.

113622199_NevadaRough4aSlopGuessMeasurment.thumb.png.58ded98cd202979a09497c86cee3dded.png

Here is the Arizona with the hull shortened by 12 meters and the main gun set up for Nevada's main battery. The hull of the Texas is

actually more dimensionally correct to Nevada, so I will use that one to alter later. I wanted to see, and or get a rough idea of Nevada's

Set up. I might be able to use parts from Wyoming to New Mexico but a lot of Nevada will have to be modeled in totality, so I think 

this will be a large project after Dante Alighieri.

703990805_NevadaRough3aSlopGuessMeasurment2.thumb.png.00406c0abdb51a93c31fcf78845f2241.png

Nice close up bow  deck shot to showcase the main 14" gun turret set up that was on Nevada, and Oklahoma. 

• Cool 8

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.