You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Mixing it Up Monday - Your Fleet

23 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,375 posts
7,826 battles

640px-USS_Philippine_Sea_%28CV-47%29_ope

*pictured - USS Essex (CV-47) operating with USS Barton (DD-722) and USS Iowa (BB-61) off the Korean Peninsula on July 1, 1952*

Are you playing a particular ship currently or do you like to play different ships?

Some players like to mix things up by playing a combination of aircraft carriers, battleships, cruisers, or destroyers to stay fresh on all ship types.

Playing different ship classes also helps develop your skills and knowledge on how to counter those vessels when you run into on the OPFOR.

When taking ships into battle, do you stick to one ship class or do you like to mix things up?

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: 'It's always been done that way.'" - Grace Hopper, U.S. Navy

#mixingitupmonday

#anchorsaweigh

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
22 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Are you playing a particular ship currently or do you like to play different ships?

Ships I'm playing in order of frequency (most to least frequent):

1.  Aoba

2.  Exeter

3.  Minotaur

4.  Zao

5.  Atago

6.  Furutaka

7.  Ibuki

8.  Mogami (20.3cm guns)

9.  Myoukou

• Cool 1

[FTH]
Members
999 posts
14,312 battles

I've got a little bit of everything...DD's, CV's, BB's...I mostly either run division with clanmates, or clan battles...randoms is just how I pass the time in between CB sessions, lol. I try to keep every base covered, so I can drag something out to meet every occasion.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,882 posts
5,497 battles

Whatever has a star next to it.  Unless it's a Battleship.  I've been severely cutting my BB play, not enjoying it as much as i used too. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,325 posts
12,239 battles

I play just about everything, except carriers.  I have ground most lines up to T7-10.  What I play depends on what missions I need to complete.  If that isn't a concern, I play ships I own that I haven't played for a while, or just whatever jumps out at me as I look at the carousel.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,383 battles

My most played ship right now is Grozovoi because of the CV rework and CVs being everywhere and so absurdly unfun to play against as any other DD

• Cool 1

[CVR]
Privateers, Supertester
1,508 posts
21,661 battles

playing with all classes but lately more with CV learning and enjoying the Rework the Audacious is very funny

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,492 posts
10,572 battles

CV's, BB's, CA's, some CL's, DD's. When submarines cone out, I'll play them too. Oh by the way. Is there a thought about which may cone first between the odd tiered CV's or submarines?

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

CV's, BB's, CA's, some CL's, DD's. When submarines cone out, I'll play them too. Oh by the way. Is there a thought about which may cone first between the odd tiered CV's or submarines?

I think odd-tiered CVs are getting reworked into a second CV line (e.g. Bogue at Tier 4 and Essex at Tier 10). I doubt SSs will arrive before the CVs.

Edited by WuYixiang

Members
28 posts
5,284 battles

I usually mix it up a bit. I play a little of everything except CV's. Right now grinding through the KGV  on my way through the British BB line. What better way to learn how to defeat a particular class/nation of ship than to actually play them?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles

These are my current grinds. I'm close on the UK 19pt DD Cmdr. I also play the premium ships in these nations to work on the Cmdrs and to finish Missions in the Directives. I got all 4 done and am going to finish the Cruiser base XP Mission in Directive IV for the 3k FXP.

wz9qHah.jpg

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

wz9qHah.jpg

I really need to make me one of those spreadsheets. I usually do for MMORPGs, but I've neglected to do so for WoWs.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,742 posts
15,454 battles

Grind was completed this weekend. Audacious... needs some serious work. Who decided the stock T9 bombers should be better than the T10 ones? And why do CVs need to research a whole extra tier of planes at T10, anyway?

Now I just uhh... play ships I actually like until the Russian BBs come out in two months or whatever? No waaaaay.

On-topic bit: Play all the classes so you know what you're up against. 75% of the game is reading what the other guy's options are, recognizing what he's doing, and picking something that works against it. The other 25% is aim, anticipation, luck, and so on.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,685 posts
3,560 battles

Ill just leave this here. Yes it is mine and yes it is rather recent. Believe Im up to 96% now:Smile_hiding:

2018-04-15 (2).png

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,492 posts
10,572 battles
55 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

cone = come lol

[TDRB]
Members
2,981 posts
8,958 battles

I don't play CV's but I choose according to the directives I need to complete. In ops I which back & forth between BB's & cruisers.

[H_]
Members
2,435 posts

I've retired about three quarters of the 38 ships I own now and can't, correction, won't play them in the current Carrier environment because they have become non-value-added with low AA....

I operate DD's mostly in Randoms; but, there is very little point in doing so ! 

I mostly play COOP and a scenarios now. 

COOP:  Yamato and Akizuki only.

Scenarios:  Nurenberg and the de Grasse only at 6; and, only the Scharnhorst at 7. 

Literally, nothing else anymore.....

[ARGSY]
Members
12,931 posts
8,245 battles

I play all types, even carriers intermittently (they are the ideal type with which to farm spotting ribbons in co-op).

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,526 posts
3 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Some players like to mix things up by playing a combination of aircraft carriers, battleships, cruisers, or destroyers to stay fresh on all ship types.

Playing different ship classes also helps develop your skills and knowledge on how to counter those vessels when you run into on the OPFOR.

When taking ships into battle, do you stick to one ship class or do you like to mix things up?

I play a broad selection of nations, types, and tiers -- and just shake my head sadly at the various ship-type-partisans (the DD Mafia, etc) getting all worked up about how hard their favorite type of ship supposedly has it and how everything else is supposedly so so overpowered.   I mix things up a lot.  The only two tech-tree lines I've found that really just don't click for me are Japanese destroyers and Russian cruisers. 

I'd play a broader selection of tiers, but given the limited time each day that I have to play, the fact that ships below tier V are rarely counted against mission or event requirements leaves me with a hard choice.  Ships like Wyoming, Kuma, and Vampire are a load of fun to play. 

Members
3,637 posts
3,938 battles

I'd like the grind my destroyer trees, but don't want to right now. So mostly cruisers, battleships and carriers. That said I am going to play a few games with C-Hull Farragut just to see how that goes, compared to Sims. I'd say Monaghan but I don't own one. I'd imagine they would have similar results though. 

Beta Testers
1,285 posts
3,690 battles

Currently alternating between battleships and destroyers, with some cruisers to complete the Fly and Win directives.

[CUTIE]
Members
189 posts
8,143 battles

The picture made me think of a situation we all have (repeatedly) faced. I couldn't help myself turning this into a joke:

Three-ships-gag.gif.f23a030df7a81d9670b5f8efc3effc9d.gif

Sorry if I'm derailing from the subject.

I mainly like to play with heavy cruisers and battleships (battlecruisers, although not a separate class in-game, are my favourite). However, since I got RN carriers, I could find once again some joy in playing with CVs, even though I believe my avg. damage is a fraction of I used to in the former RTS play style.

Edited by Brooklin82
  • Funny 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
942 posts
14,325 battles

I generally end up playing whatever my ICOP division mates want to play. Usually we take turns picking tiers, then I pick something that will compliment what the other two players have readied up. Makes it tough to finish the many, many, ship line grinds I am working on, but I have a lot of fun with my ICOP brothers. 

Respects,

Am