Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

CV play has made the game incredibly boring and unfun.

199 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

715
[-ARP-]
Members
633 posts
13,250 battles

Spotting and concealment mean nothing now. 

Anyone trying to flank alone dies.

The only way to play is to lemming train and hope for the best.

 

Sure, you can adapt to the carriers, but the game become so boring and monotonous because of them.

 

Losing hope for the game as a source of fun. Playing less and less.

 

  • Cool 42
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

> Anyone trying to flank alone dies.

 

You can end the thread now.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
793
[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
2 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

> Anyone trying to flank alone dies.

 

You can end the thread now.

You used to be able to hold a flank with good positioning and angling.  Get a few good shots on the potatoes and they would run away.  Worst case you could then kite cross map, if you start to get overwhelmed.  That is no longer an option due to CVs.  Flanking was a good tactic, now Lemming trains are the way of the future.  If you don't div, you have to hope the other potatoes on your side don't up and run at the first sight of a ship firing at them or CV bearing down on them.  At least before you could semi hold that flank.  Now, you are just CV fodder because you are not in a death ball.  The current game play is lame and un-rewarding for quality play.   The only way to currently play is to death ball or lemming train, both are garbage.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
697
[NOBS]
Members
1,119 posts
8,277 battles

The new CV's have been easier to adapt too then radar. The new CV's do next to zero damage, turning aa off makes you almost invisible to planes, and when they do find you it's getting easier to dodge their attacks. 

Radar on the other hand, if it gets popped and your in range, there is zero defense but to hope you can run before you get focused and burnt down. 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
95 posts
403 battles
6 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

You used to be able to hold a flank with good positioning and angling.  Get a few good shots on the potatoes and they would run away.  Worst case you could then kite cross map, if you start to get overwhelmed.  That is no longer an option due to CVs.  Flanking was a good tactic, now Lemming trains are the way of the future.  If you don't div, you have to hope the other potatoes on your side don't up and run at the first sight of a ship firing at them or CV bearing down on them.  At least before you could semi hold that flank.  Now, you are just CV fodder because you are not in a death ball.  The current game play is lame and un-rewarding for quality play.   The only way to currently play is to death ball or lemming train, both are garbage.

Pretty much this, but WG hasn't sold enough premium CVs yet, so they will shove this down our throat for quite some time to come.

 

esp. for DDs, taking away the job of spotting and flanking.

Edited by LGBTQ_DatingApp
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles
4 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

You used to be able to hold a flank with good positioning and angling.  Get a few good shots on the potatoes and they would run away.  Worst case you could then kite cross map, if you start to get overwhelmed.  That is no longer an option due to CVs.  Flanking was a good tactic, now Lemming trains are the way of the future.  If you don't div, you have to hope the other potatoes on your side don't up and run at the first sight of a ship firing at them or CV bearing down on them.  At least before you could semi hold that flank.  Now, you are just CV fodder because you are not in a death ball.  The current game play is lame and un-rewarding for quality play.   The only way to currently play is to death ball or lemming train, both are garbage. 

Its always funny see people complain about the cv because they choise sail alone in a team game~

Its even more funny people think the cv is that strong to kill one enemy ship faster.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,438 posts

My playstyle was to hold that weak side.  It how I enjoyed the game, angling, position.  Now, not so much, to the point its been a few weeks since I even played random and don't see myself playing that mode any time soon.

1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

The new CV's have been easier to adapt too then radar. The new CV's do next to zero damage, turning aa off makes you almost invisible to planes, and when they do find you it's getting easier to dodge their attacks. 

Radar on the other hand, if it gets popped and your in range, there is zero defense but to hope you can run before you get focused and burnt down. 

Sorry, not in a BB.  Doesn't work if you're trying to hold that weak flank.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
109
[THOR]
Members
293 posts
4,614 battles

Lets see if I expose my broadside in my Cruiser I get Blaped one salvo. Alone in a cruiser against a CV he takes him many tries. I say CV need a buff unfair. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
63 posts
13,003 battles

Totally agree.  CV battles (which is over 90% of random battle these days) are incredibly boring.  Every match is a close copy of the previous one.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,135
[SALVO]
Members
21,733 posts
22,069 battles
23 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Spotting and concealment mean nothing now. 

Anyone trying to flank alone dies.

The only way to play is to lemming train and hope for the best.

 

Sure, you can adapt to the carriers, but the game become so boring and monotonous because of them.

 

Losing hope for the game as a source of fun. Playing less and less.

 

Anyone that tries to flank alone DESERVES to die!!!

And it is NOT necessary to lemming train to have good AA.  Just group up into little blobs of 2-3 ships, and you're pretty safe.  A pair of BBs sailing relatively close together can be a rather tough nut for a CV to crack.

It sounds to me like you just don't know how to adapt effectively!!!

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,786 posts
18,981 battles

Whats the difference? Honestly, please tell me how these games are all that different?
shot-19_04_04_02_58.15-0573.thumb.jpg.c3b4f2c883eb49ea1a4ce5ea3223bbd7.jpg
shot-19_04.12_23_55.18-0848.thumb.jpg.b6ba5de90d6d6a9fb2f7e1352ccbd447.jpg



Or how about these?

shot-19_03.23_03_45.15-0655.thumb.jpg.80e5426cd677ad42f0607733ad78267f.jpg
shot-19_04.17_14_15.17-0101.thumb.jpg.55dd321000516efba8d6222dc0b86251.jpg

What about these?

shot-18_06.30_02_27.28-0421.thumb.jpg.ffd80c5a201827bc1f589b38bb8de033.jpgshot-19_04.06_21_52.29-0774.thumb.jpg.5e4c92b64b4a0de3c281f6a1c7832cab.jpg

Seriously, I want to know how comfortable anyone was when I played those games and rekt faces? Was it more comfortable to die to my Yammy, Shima, or N.C. compared to the carriers? The damage and achievements are similiar, so the difference is that my carriers survived more often? Oh no!

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,427
[-BRS-]
Members
3,172 posts
17,071 battles
3 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Whats the difference? Honestly, please tell me how these games are all that different?
shot-19_04_04_02_58.15-0573.thumb.jpg.c3b4f2c883eb49ea1a4ce5ea3223bbd7.jpg
shot-19_04.12_23_55.18-0848.thumb.jpg.b6ba5de90d6d6a9fb2f7e1352ccbd447.jpg



Or how about these?

shot-19_03.23_03_45.15-0655.thumb.jpg.80e5426cd677ad42f0607733ad78267f.jpg
shot-19_04.17_14_15.17-0101.thumb.jpg.55dd321000516efba8d6222dc0b86251.jpg

What about these?

shot-18_06.30_02_27.28-0421.thumb.jpg.ffd80c5a201827bc1f589b38bb8de033.jpgshot-19_04.06_21_52.29-0774.thumb.jpg.5e4c92b64b4a0de3c281f6a1c7832cab.jpg

Seriously, I want to know how comfortable anyone was when I played those games and rekt faces? Was it more comfortable to die to my Yammy, Shima, or N.C. compared to the carriers? The damage and achievements are similiar, so the difference is that my carriers survived more often? Oh no!

 Yes it is more enjoyable to get my butt kicked by anything but a CV because I can dictate if I wanna fight them or not CVs can kill me no matter what I do if they really want to can't run can't hide can't play the game I wanna play I have to react to whatever they want to do

Is it fun no

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,786 posts
18,981 battles
2 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 Yes it is more enjoyable to get my butt kicked by anything but a CV because I can dictate if I wanna fight them or not CVs can kill me no matter what I do if they really want to can't run can't hide can't play the game I wanna play I have to react to whatever they want to do

Is it fun no

Devastating strike achievements, the number of kills, and citadels means people weren't dictating much to me as to what they did or didn't want. Basically, it just feels more comfortable to die when you can shoot back even if its a fruitless endeavor and you die anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
44 posts
5,479 battles

I can't help but feel that many of you are missing the main point. Yes, a DD player can adapt to the changes in the game. Unfortunately, it then become a different game. The fast paced, "Sail by the seat of your pants", excitement is lacking. These days sailing a DD feels like slow paced escort duty. And don't even get me started on capping.   

Edited by Iron_Clad_5000
  • Cool 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[DENY]
Members
446 posts
8,323 battles
24 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Whats the difference? Honestly, please tell me how these games are all that different?

Seriously, I want to know how comfortable anyone was when I played those games and rekt faces? Was it more comfortable to die to my Yammy, Shima, or N.C. compared to the carriers? The damage and achievements are similiar, so the difference is that my carriers survived more often? Oh no!

Honestly, the answer is easy. Even in your cherry picked examples, you did your BEST in a ship class where you literally have the LEAST experience. That is what makes those games all that different.

The CV rework is comparatively new, and yet your best matches are in the type of ship where you have the least experience playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,403
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,782 posts
30 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

 Yes it is more enjoyable to get my butt kicked by anything but a CV because I can dictate if I wanna fight them or not CVs can kill me no matter what I do if they really want to can't run can't hide can't play the game I wanna play I have to react to whatever they want to do

Is it fun no

Any DD that is either faster than you or has  more concealment than you, is going to decide if you are going to fight it or not.  I mean I guess you could choose not to fight it but it is going to fight you, if it so chooses. You can't do anything about it. This has been the case for...ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,403
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,782 posts
8 minutes ago, Xanthro said:

Honestly, the answer is easy. Even in your cherry picked examples, you did your BEST in a ship class where you literally have the LEAST experience. That is what makes those games all that different.

The CV rework is comparatively new, and yet your best matches are in the type of ship where you have the least experience playing.

There is only some much you can learn about a class, after which diminishing returns reach relatively zero.  The new CVs have been out for a few months now.

I have more experience in the new CVs than I do in cruisers by a loooooong shot.  That's simply because I have been playing the new CVs constantly since they came out and I very rarely play cruisers.  The length of time they have existed is not a factor.

I have run down the UK CV line faster than any other line.  I have had the T10 CV unlocked since about 5 minutes after it went live and my captain is just about to hit 19pts.  That's because I have played them...a LOT, in the relative time that they have been available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226
[DENY]
Members
446 posts
8,323 battles
15 minutes ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

I can't help but feel that many of you are missing the main point. Yes, a DD player can adapt to the changes in the game. Unfortunately, it then become a different game. The fast paced, "Sail by the seat of your pants", excitement is lacking. These days sailing a DD feels like slow paced escort duty. And don't even get me started on capping.   

DDs can adapt, but as you stated, a match with a CV is a completely different game than one without, and a match with two CVs is yet another different type of match.

When there is a CV in a match, a CL is usually a better choice than any DD, and especially a DD that lacks decent AA.

Right now, a Mino is the best tier X DD in the game, and as we should all know, it's not a DD.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
570
[TIGRB]
Members
618 posts
14,853 battles

Lemming Trains..Game after game I see most of the team run to one cap, isolate themselves and camp the whole damn game. Yes CV's have a what was a fun game boring. I play senario's or co op mostly now. Clan Battles also. If I think of trying a random game, I look at my ships and think of one thing. Can it stand a CV' attack the whole game. That means 80 out of the 100 ships I have rust in port. Great job War Gaming. No more Money from me unless this crap stops.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,786 posts
18,981 battles
5 minutes ago, Xanthro said:

Honestly, the answer is easy. Even in your cherry picked examples, you did your BEST in a ship class where you literally have the LEAST experience. That is what makes those games all that different.

The CV rework is comparatively new, and yet your best matches are in the type of ship where you have the least experience playing.

It's not about cherry picking, I just found games with really similar damage numbers and achievements. I've actually been playing the CVs since they sent out closed invites for the rework back in  . . . October of 2018 I think, if not a little sooner.

Also, if that's the case why aren't all of you picking up CVs and blowing up your scores, gaining more credits, grinding more free experience, grinding more free captain experience, and so on? I mean, you players that haven't even ever played the old or new CVs sure do know a lot about them. I find it funny because none of you put your money where your mouth is, and I'm sure there is a dumb excuse, but for all the benefits you guys claim CVs have you sure as hell dont bother with them. That makes no sense, especially from a player base that flipped their $22 G.C. was going to get up triered because it was overpowered. Yet, the literal MAJORITY (as confirmed by WG) of players wanted to keep the overpowered ship in the game and now the "majority" that hate CVs because they're overpowered, don't play them. What a hole you've dug yourselves.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,135
[SALVO]
Members
21,733 posts
22,069 battles
35 minutes ago, Iron_Clad_5000 said:

I can't help but feel that many of you are missing the main point. Yes, a DD player can adapt to the changes in the game. Unfortunately, it then become a different game. The fast paced, "Sail by the seat of your pants", excitement is lacking. These days sailing a DD feels like slow paced escort duty. And don't even get me started on capping.   

Boo bleep hoo!  You want to play the way you want to play and not have to adapt to any changes!  Well, time to live in the real world where life is change.  And those that refuse to adapt to change soon fall by the wayside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,135
[SALVO]
Members
21,733 posts
22,069 battles
10 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

It's not about cherry picking, I just found games with really similar damage numbers and achievements. I've actually been playing the CVs since they sent out closed invites for the rework back in  . . . October of 2018 I think, if not a little sooner.

Also, if that's the case why aren't all of you picking up CVs and blowing up your scores, gaining more credits, grinding more free experience, grinding more free captain experience, and so on? I mean, you players that haven't even ever played the old or new CVs sure do know a lot about them. I find it funny because none of you put your money where your mouth is, and I'm sure there is a dumb excuse, but for all the benefits you guys claim CVs have you sure as hell dont bother with them. That makes no sense, especially from a player base that flipped their $22 G.C. was going to get up triered because it was overpowered. Yet, the literal MAJORITY (as confirmed by WG) of players wanted to keep the overpowered ship in the game and now the "majority" that hate CVs because they're overpowered, don't play them. What a hole you've dug yourselves.

Except that CVs are NOT overpowered.  The real problem is that the anti-CV complainers are under supplied with adaptability and other things I dare not say.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Members
1,786 posts
18,981 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

Except that CVs are NOT overpowered.  The real problem is that the anti-CV complainers are under supplied with adaptability and other things I dare not say.

Oh I agree, I just figured I'd point out they call them OP but at the same time wanted their G.C. to remain OP at tier 5. So how is it they don't play the "OP" ships but wouldn't let WG fix the OP G.C.? I would play an OP ship all the time if I was going to get more credits and experience out of it. Just silly hypocrisy. 

I always question how soon these people want the game to die. Its the first change that's really required a shift in the meta and has pushed for some semblance of teamwork, instead of embracing it for renewing some aspects of the game, they downright want it removed or nerfed into oblivion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
939
[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Except that CVs are NOT overpowered.  The real problem is that the anti-CV complainers are under supplied with adaptability and other things I dare not say.

They’re pretty overpowered.

Of course you find idiots that have no idea what to do in them, but from what I see top tier CV players consistently place top 3 in their team, far more so than if they were in cruisers or battleships or whatnot. 

The only exception I tend to see is when games last less than 10-12 minutes, but otherwise if you’re a CV that knows how to manage your plane reserves, the damage and impact accumulated over the course of a game is so easy and consistent it’s hard to compare it to the other classes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×