Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

plane timer after CV is sunk

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

738
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,492 posts
10,572 battles

How long does planes have after the CV is sunk before they splash down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,751
[EGIRL]
Beta Testers
4,340 posts
13,110 battles

2min (or 2:30min, dont remenber exact time now).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,014
[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
11 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

How long does planes have after the CV is sunk before they splash down?

IIRC, it's 3 minutes or until the squadron runs out of attacks, which ever comes first.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,814 posts
820 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

How long does planes have after the CV is sunk before they splash down?

If your aircraft carrier is destroyed, you will still retain control of your squadron until all shells are fired or until three minutes expire.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,014
[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

IIRC, it's 3 minutes or until the squadron runs out of attacks, which ever comes first.

Yep, found it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/cv8-how-to-play/

 

 

Screenshot_20190422-114545.png

 

Ninja'd while taking a screenshot.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,014
[PVE]
Members
15,717 posts
10,424 battles
Just now, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Thank you!

 

You are welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,737
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles

Three minutes.....or until all shells are fired.....OR....the games ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[CSALT]
Members
1,001 posts

Or if your CV is the last surviving ship  Then the game stops the moment you die, even if you have planes in the air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
667 posts
2,455 battles
53 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Three minutes.....or until all shells are fired.....OR....the games ends.

Or they're killed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,447
[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,632 battles

Or the power goes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,737
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles
13 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Or the power goes out.

Say what?  Every "true" WOWS player has a UPS.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
204 posts
10,759 battles

Too damn long if you ask me, they become a 3 minute radar of detection in the end game that is a pinnacle time for teams to tactically move into caps or surround the remaining enemy team. 

IMHO: CV gets sunk you have 30 seconds to do something then POOF! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
904
[F3S]
[F3S]
Members
1,781 posts
3,577 battles
3 hours ago, Botcha said:

Too damn long if you ask me, they become a 3 minute radar of detection in the end game that is a pinnacle time for teams to tactically move into caps or surround the remaining enemy team. 

IMHO: CV gets sunk you have 30 seconds to do something then POOF! 

You also probably think DDs should have 1km detectability.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
204 posts
10,759 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

You also probably think DDs should have 1km detectability.....

Sure why not, CV's never targeted DD's in RL so with the rampant air cancer we have now it would be a step in the right direction :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
753
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,802 posts
1,267 battles
7 minutes ago, Botcha said:

Sure why not, CV's never targeted DD's in RL so with the rampant air cancer we have now it would be a step in the right direction :)

Um... wut?  More than one USN DD was the victim of air attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,359
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,655 posts
8 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Um... wut?  More than one USN DD was the victim of air attack.

I doesn't really matter either way, game balance is not restricted to historical accuracy in any way in this game.

This is a really good thing, for all players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×