You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

14 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,880 posts
9,528 battles

Played some matches Saturday, very close to unlocking Impalacable. Didn't play Sunday since Easter day w/ family, came back too tired for WOWS that evening.

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
13,016 posts
8,296 battles

Unlocked the T9 permacamos, got all the free naval aviation containers that don't rely on Hall of Fame performance. No ships. Not bothered - ship drops from these containers were rare as rocking horse droppings.

Decided I would rather go see a movie than grind Torpedobeats yesterday evening. Small town, one-screen cinema with limited runs and other time constraints anticipated later in the week meant that last night was the best night for movie night. It was a hard decision, but sacrifices must be made.

It means I probably won't get enough ironium for a fourth space commander, but that doesn't bother me. 

With all the free permacamos that were up for grabs plus three 10-point commanders under my belt and my ECXP already above 300K after making a 19 pointer a couple of months back, I consider this to have been a very profitable patch. 

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,698 posts
3,560 battles

I played an unhealthy amount of fallout 4, but got on last night and polished a few dailies and some mediocre games on GK and Repub.

Of course I forgot to turn on my NB attempts

• Funny 1

Members
1,753 posts
15,015 battles

Played a bit, but got tired of constant CV games.  Every random was one or two CVs per team, except two games.  Now when there are no CVs, comments in chat like “OMG, no CVs?”.  Getting waayyyyyy annoyed at constant CV games and it is have a large detrimental impact on my support for the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles

Friday was good - WR in the 60% range, Saturday as good - WR in the 60% range, Sunday was insanely good - 16 wins 2 losses :Smile_bajan2: for a 88.8% WR. I think I can safely say that I had a good weekend spree.

[WOLFA]
Members
175 posts
8,493 battles

What was really interesting was to see so many "famous/infamous" Captains playing solo (usually see them in Divs) in Random on Saturday. For example:

- Gneisenau013 (playing DD)

- Notser (playing DD)

- Puddin597 (saw him twice, each time playing a different RU WIP BB)

- CV Noob (playing Midway)

I wanted to see Jingles so I could see him text "That's A Paddlin" because this weekends games all seemed to be mainly one sided

I did not see any WIP ships other than the two RU WIP BBs Puddin was playing.

Members
2,445 posts
10,179 battles

Only had time to play Thursday and early Monday morning. Did fairly well. Ran into alot of forum posters.

Got yelled at for tanking 5 ships the entire game. haha

This week is very busy though, and my 1 free day will probably be devoted to a new set release in a diff game. Time to build some jank MTG decks. 

[HINON]
Members
3,037 posts
22,078 battles

About 12 losses this weekend 8 of which were blow outs with only 4 wins that we just barely pulled off since more and more players apparently are all too happy to throw a match for the sake of farming an extra 1.2k damage.  

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles
5 hours ago, _1204_ said:

I played an unhealthy amount of fallout 4, but got on last night and polished a few dailies and some mediocre games on GK and Repub.

Of course I forgot to turn on my NB attempts

most likely even if you had the NB attempts turned on, you would only get standard games,,,with lemming teams ;-)

[WOLF9]
Members
3,944 posts

Friday was a 2 and out day.   I was getting absolutely trolled by RNG and mm...   Saturday, I didn't play at all- the last week just left an awful taste in my mouth, and I just didn't care to.

I did play a few games Sunday.  inc a Space game.  That was kinda fun- I was one of the last 2 standing vs 1 enemy remaining.   He drew the match out by hiding and attempting to spam stealth torps.   When we got wise, and simply moved to prevent him from taking any caps, unless he showed himself (they HAD been up on points most of the game, but we kept resetting the caps and eventually pulled ahead)- he charged my teammate.

His undoing was not quite dodging my ally's torps- then running himself aground.

The ridiculous speed of these ships takes some getting used to- lots of total whiffs, lol.

I then moved on to OPS.   We made a great start- wiping out the enemy port in record time.   Then the exit appeared in the top left corner- and all the slow ships charged to the right side to farm the ships there.   1 DD and 2 cruisers headed for the main objective, and 2 of us made it- but we got wiped out by the reinforcements before any help could come, and were 1 ship shy of 50% of the survivors.  ( One BB had turned back- but he was too slow, and got focused down before he got anywhere near the exit zone)  A great game for me, wiped out by a team that refused to play the main objective...    Who cares if you farm lots of kills and damage, if you LOSE the mission??   There will be PLENTY of damage to farm, if you head for the exit- the bots will come to you.

I switched back to regular pve after that and played the heck out of my BB's, until hunger drove me away from the computer, lol.

The good news is lots of players were in BB's yesterday- presumably grinding the base xp- and the games were lasting long enough that you could actually accumulate good damage- even with a slow firing ship.   Heck- I even had time to take multiple caps in my BB's, lol.

My highlight was a 150k+ damage game in Republique.   There were two Yamatos, and both were courteous enough to come close- so I could citadel the hell out of them!

Also, Gascogne racked up another secondary kill in a nice 4 kill game.   Even Bretagne had fun punching bot's faces in.   (I still loves me French BB's!)

[NSEW]
Members
1,214 posts

9 hours ago, Reymu said:

Played some matches Saturday, very close to unlocking Impalacable. Didn't play Sunday since Easter day w/ family, came back too tired for WOWS that evening.

Dear diary...

I had to really really long week, this week. I didn't TK once, or torpedo any friends. I was nice to say nothing, cause I'm toxic in chat. Soo.....I wan't a biiiiig ship with 5 guns per turret, that shoots lasers, and rockets. Ok, thanks, bye!