Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Gutemberg

battleship prince of wales

17 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
231 battles

I know that we already have several ships of this class in the game but for being history lover I would like all historical ships to be in the game, so I ask your help to put the prince of wales in the game, ship history and participated in one great battle since we have all the others I think it fair that he is too, thank you already.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

Before PoW, I'd like the Renown or Tiger-class BCs because they don't have sisters in-game.

[SPTR]
Members
26,753 posts
13,512 battles

How would you make PoW different from KGV and DoY? So that she is more than worth getting.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
14 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

How would you make PoW different from KGV and DoY? So that she is more than worth getting.

Instead of DoY's hydro, you could equip PoW with her UP launchers and give her Hood-type DefAA.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,684 posts
3,560 battles
1 minute ago, WuYixiang said:

Instead of DoY's hydro, you could equip PoW with her UP launchers and give her Hood-type DefAA.

That's a good one. You could also uptier her to 8. Alternativley, since French DDs have no smoke, it's only a matter of time before we see a BB with no heal. Take the early DoY and boom

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

That's a good one. You could also uptier her to 8. Alternativley, since French DDs have no smoke, it's only a matter of time before we see a BB with no heal. Take the early DoY and boom

A BB with no heal would require a DCP with quick CDs, imo. Kind of like Warspite.

[SALVO]
Members
21,705 posts
22,016 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Gutemberg said:

I know that we already have several ships of this class in the game but for being history lover I would like all historical ships to be in the game, so I ask your help to put the prince of wales in the game, ship history and participated in one great battle since we have all the others I think it fair that he is too, thank you already.

Dude, red text is specifically reserved for forum moderators, and is banned for use be regular forum users.  Edit your post to use a non-red color.

Additionally, there are already two ships of the KGV class in the game.  That's enough.  There's no pressing need for any others, particularly with so many other classes that aren't in the game at all.  On top of that, there are already THREE tier 7 RN premium BBs.  That is absolutely enough.  There's no need for a fourth tier 7 RN premium BB!!!

Edited by Crucis

[SALVO]
Members
21,705 posts
22,016 battles
5 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

Before PoW, I'd like the Renown or Tiger-class BCs because they don't have sisters in-game.

Wu, I'd prefer that those ships get added to the game in an RN battlecruiser line.  But yes, I'd greatly prefer these ships over the Prince of Wales because they bring something new to the game, rather than a clone with a new name.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Wu, I'd prefer that those ships get added to the game in an RN battlecruiser line.  But yes, I'd greatly prefer these ships over the Prince of Wales because they bring something new to the game, rather than a clone with a new name.

Does the Royal Navy have enough BCs for a separate line? With the Admiral-class already sitting at Tier 7 as a premium, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for a BC line, in my opinion.

Modder
1,205 posts
50 minutes ago, WuYixiang said:

Does the Royal Navy have enough BCs for a separate line? With the Admiral-class already sitting at Tier 7 as a premium, that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for a BC line, in my opinion.

There are enough ships and design studies for a full line if WG put their mind to it with modernised J3, G3 and K3 filling the upper tiers. There's also no reason why there couldn't be one of the planned Admirals in the tech tree with Hood's intended modifications had she survived.

[PVE]
Members
9,311 posts
16,536 battles
6 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Could be made a T6 with some nerfs but I would rather see it buffed to be a T8 with a short reload of the main guns (like 20-22 sec - this makes up for the smaller caliber 356MM - smaller damage but more often) and buffing the damage and pen of the AP so it can actually be effective. BRN super heal + DefAA + hydro.

You could also give it the BRN DD short duration smoke (even shorter than the DD's - like 20 sec) as a defensive tool as a consumable option. When POW and Hood fought Bismarck POW made smoke to cover it's escape so it would actually be an IRL thing vs a gimmick. It wouldn't be something that let's it smoke fire (once at most due to reload) but rather it helps it disengage and get out of trouble as the ship actually used it IRL.

I would love to see POW just from a historical perspective. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
24 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

There are enough ships and design studies for a full line if WG put their mind to it with modernised J3, G3 and K3 filling the upper tiers. There's also no reason why there couldn't be one of the planned Admirals in the tech tree with Hood's intended modifications had she survived.

Ordinarily, I'd be against 1 planned ship and 3 design studies, but with the Russian BBs coming soon, I find that argument holds less and less water as of late. I still don't like it, though.

Modder
1,205 posts
1 minute ago, WuYixiang said:

Ordinarily, I'd be against 1 planned ship and 3 design studies, but with the Russian BBs coming soon, I find that argument holds less and less water as of late. I still don't like it, though.

I really don't understand why people get so hung up on the whole Russian BB thing, I mean it shouldn't be too much of a surprise being on the NA forums and all with the very obvious 'muh evil Russia' narrative some users hold here but seriously, the French BB line is just as guilty at what you're claiming in that post as the RU BBs and I rarely see anyone moaning about those to the same extent. Maybe try giving it a break for a while. This is a game and it's far more interesting to see what could have been represented than sticking strictly to what was.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
17 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

I really don't understand why people get so hung up on the whole Russian BB thing, I mean it shouldn't be too much of a surprise being on the NA forums and all with the very obvious 'muh evil Russia' narrative some users hold here but seriously, the French BB line is just as guilty at what you're claiming in that post as the RU BBs and I rarely see anyone moaning about those to the same extent. Maybe try giving it a break for a while. This is a game and it's far more interesting to see what could have been represented than sticking strictly to what was.

I complain about the French, but they're not as recent. I complained bitterly about Kitakaze and Harugumo as well, and Akizuki is my favorite historical DD class.

Modder
1,205 posts
Just now, WuYixiang said:

I complain about the French, but they're not as recent. I complained bitterly about Kitakaze and Harugumo as well, and Akizuki is my favorite historical DD class.

I wasn't really directing that at you in particular and I do apologise if it seemed that way (I can see how it would), it was just a general statement that the vast majority of criticism seems leveraged towards the paper in RU BB line whereas other lines seem to get a free pass around here. It does wear a bit. I personally have no problem with paper designs making it into the game so long as they are relatively sensible i.e. no Tillmans thanks.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
2 minutes ago, zFireWyvern said:

It does wear a bit.

I'm sure it does. I'm not a big fan of "paper ships", especially stuff like Harugumo and Zao or (to pull from WoT) Chinese tank destroyers. Kitakaze gets somewhat of a pass due to Shimakaze being a precedent for quintuple 610mm torpedo launchers, but sextuple still seems dumb to me. I'd have rather they done the 2×3 610mm torpedo design for Harugumo.

Edited by WuYixiang

Members
1,959 posts
10,395 battles

Hey

You could make the POW into a secondary build much in the same way Wargaming treated Bama and Mass.  Another option might be some kind of a custom skin, purchased with doubloons/cash for the Prince of Wales and would work with either the KGV or DOY ships.

Pete

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this