TheURLGuy

Naval Legends in World of Warships: Yamato

29 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
1,816 battles

that's strange. I just checked in my port and my Yamato isn't updated yet.

Edit: Server is down so looks like ill be seeing the updated model real soon! can't wait to blow some poor CA's out of the water!

Edited by nexuruler

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,961 posts
4,834 battles

So, updated New York, Kongo, and Fuso models when? 

Edited by Goose21891

-Members-
1,640 posts
797 battles
19 minutes ago, xDharakHD said:

When is coming ?

47 minutes ago, nexuruler said:

that's strange. I just checked in my port and my Yamato isn't updated yet.

Edit: Server is down so looks like ill be seeing the updated model real soon! can't wait to blow some poor CA's out of the water!

Captains,

The updated Yamato ship model will be in the upcoming patch 0.8.3. As you can see from the article the model is getting a lot of visual improvements!

We hope you are as excited for the model update as we are!

[ONE]
Members
638 posts
10,470 battles

There are many books out there with fairly detailed plans of Yamato. Namely the US Naval Institute press "Anatomy of the ship" series. 

Beta Testers
16 posts
11,983 battles

Sounds great.

What about Musashi, is she going to get an update?

[LRM]
Members
457 posts
8,431 battles

Congrats to WG for reworking an earlier effort on one of the most heard-of ships in the world but I was amused by one sentence.

Also, there are no existing pictures aside from [...] several pictures of the deck where sailors had their photographs taken before setting out on her last cruise. [...] [M]ost of the shots are occupied by people, so you can barely see the ship behind them.

What wrong with those sailors, taking pix of their buddies?  Couldn't they think of future historians?

Members
4,081 posts
9,035 battles

If anyone had any doubts about the extra miles the Devs go to incorporate as much historical accuracy as they can, this Naval Legends vid on the Yamato will put them to rest. Really well done.

And btw one of the presenters looks a lot like Samwell Tarley in Game of Thrones. ;)

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[AFW-]
Members
118 posts
5,748 battles

Awesome job! I am a modeler who love the attention to detail. Well done on improving details to new and old ship in the game. I look forwards to riding my shells in to destroy your improved detail.

Edited by dabears494

[FYL]
Alpha Tester
158 posts
14,444 battles
3 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

If anyone had any doubts about the extra miles the Devs go to incorporate as much historical accuracy as they can, this Naval Legends vid on the Yamato will put them to rest. Really well done.

And btw one the presenters looks a lot like Samwell Tarley in Game of Thrones. ;)

Maybe someday they'll give bbs their torpedoes as intended ;)

Members
4,081 posts
9,035 battles
54 minutes ago, TheGill said:

Maybe someday they'll give bbs their torpedoes as intended ;)

Well we have the Mutsu at least. ;)

[DD985]
Members
9 posts
3,087 battles

What's the chance of getting the old version as a Camo?  I mean that would be pretty cool seeing both the updated and the old version sailing in battle.

[P-O-S]
Members
3 posts
2,616 battles

Since they are at it with Yamato....sneak some aa on the Musashi, we dont need those damn triple turrets on the side!

[WOLF9]
Members
10,237 posts
4,366 battles

Well done!  I had never thought of getting Yamato, but I may go ahead and grind it.

@TheURLGuy There's no mention of the armor layout.  Has that changed at all?  The vid mentioned that the AA guns came in variants that weren't modeled as such.  Are the modules stats different now that they are?

[D33P6]
Beta Testers
186 posts
10,444 battles

Wow, this was literally my first request way back in 2015.  Thank you Wargaming.  Keep up the great work.

[SAVAG]
[SAVAG]
Members
517 posts

Yamato in port waiting on her Re-fit.   

NOW how about Musashi's Model update .? Shes a cruise liner compared to Big SIS.

[DOW]
Members
672 posts
3,943 battles

A welcoming change that increases the artistic value of this game, and a needed distraction for the ongoing farce as the CV rework has displeased both CV players and non-CV players.

[EPOCH]
Members
43 posts
5,425 battles

anyone afraid it will be much easier to citadel the Yammy in the stern with those bigger bay doors not only being a larger flat spot to pen but in perfect line with her angled citadel not to mention giving us a big bulls-eye to aim for on her butt cheeks.

otherwise the model looks fantastic!!!

[WULUF]
Beta Testers
509 posts
7,444 battles
On 4/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, iDuckman said:

Well done!  I had never thought of getting Yamato, but I may go ahead and grind it.

@TheURLGuy There's no mention of the armor layout.  Has that changed at all?  The vid mentioned that the AA guns came in variants that weren't modeled as such.  Are the modules stats different now that they are?

They don't mention the armor in the video, but yea they have changed it slightly with updated information. DanteAlighieri1932Rough16daa.thumb.png.2c775c178c2419185c7b18db56bca2c5.png

Dante Alighieri, the T9 Italian Battle Cruiser. 6 x 381mm (15" main guns) to deal with Alaska, and Azuma.