Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Customizing ships adds interest

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

223
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
470 posts
4,801 battles

While reading over the recent thread about building custom ships it occurred to me that although allowing captains to put Yamato guns on a gearing might be a little far fetched, letting them make between game Captain skill changes for free or at least a reasonable silver price would make playing more interesting.

As an example, feel like playing aggressive in your BB today go with a secondary build, feeling a little cautious go with a defensive build. Etc.

You get the point, keep the game interesting, I enjoyed the last free Respec time alot, changing up my ship to fit my mood or to just try something crazy.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[TCNNA]
Members
956 posts
16,580 battles

Agree. More options = better game= more difficult to balance. I want torps on my Massachusetts 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
470 posts
4,801 battles
1 hour ago, Mikebello said:

Agree. More options = better game= more difficult to balance. I want torps on my Massachusetts 😉

I think you misread my post, I'm calling for free Capt respec's or a low silver price.

Not building strange new ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[TCNNA]
Members
956 posts
16,580 battles
23 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I think you misread my post, I'm calling for free Capt respec's or a low silver price.

Not building strange new ships.

Aaaaah ok. I would like to build ships with armor guns engine Torp ....like MechWarrior 😁😆😀😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,210
[H_]
Members
2,419 posts

Oh God, not a MWO player........  If WG goes the "skill tree" and "Mechlab Loadout screens" this game would simply explode.....  talk about getting out-of-control meta/OP vehicles !!!  No thanks, an entire team left MWO just before the skill tree change because they knew what was to follow that summer in CW.......and, it did ruin that game: which, is a ghost of it's former self !

WG, for the  Love of the RNG GoD, no..........

By the way, what's you favorite mech?  I run a Huntsman PA !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,115
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,140 posts
9,473 battles

this is how the Montana with 4 Yamato turrets and the secondary armament of the Kurfurst happens, you dont want that to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
223
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
470 posts
4,801 battles
18 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

this is how the Montana with 4 Yamato turrets and the secondary armament of the Kurfurst happens, you dont want that to happen

Maybe you should try reading my original post.:cap_hmm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[WOLF1]
Members
2,700 posts

i agree, right now WG is running out of ideas, there are only so many things you can tweak for so many ships, that's how we got the odd balls like british line where cruisers can't start fire while BB's are flame throwers, allow players to customize ships and play their new toys to their liking will add lots of renewed interest in this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[TURD]
Members
155 posts
2,196 battles
5 hours ago, DarkStormy said:

While reading over the recent thread about building custom ships it occurred to me that although allowing captains to put Yamato guns on a gearing might be a little far fetched, letting them make between game Captain skill changes for free or at least a reasonable silver price would make playing more interesting.

As an example, feel like playing aggressive in your BB today go with a secondary build, feeling a little cautious go with a defensive build. Etc.

You get the point, keep the game interesting, I enjoyed the last free Respec time alot, changing up my ship to fit my mood or to just try something crazy.

Say for instance instead of paying to respec your captain or redo your modules all the time, you pay a fee, one time, in gold. The game sets up an 'alternate configuration" for a ship which you can now switch back and forth at no additional cost, providing you also pay the cost of all modules you'll be using. So for example I can set up a full secondary GK build with appropriate captain skills and 406's,  and have alternate config that's a hybrid or AA spec with different captain skill, and 420's that I can switch at will.

I like this idea.

Edited by Don_Alvarez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×