Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PotatoLord73

Time to get to tier 10?

12 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
355 battles

If I play one or two battle a day for most days without a premium account, how long does it take to get to tier 10 from tier 6?

Members
2,436 posts
10,179 battles

I play w/o premium (though I temp had it after getting the Irian).

Ive been working on the RN, KM, FN, USSR cruiser lines from about tier 6. I often only play 1-2 games when I play of that particular ship (til my first win).

If I played every day, 1-2 games, for one individual line w/o premium, my ballpark guess would be 2-3 months. (maybe even a month or 2 longer) 

Ofc course alot would depend on your performance and how often you win, because of the win bonus especially.

Here is my FN # of games it took. I do have the Henri (unlocked a couple weeks ago, but havent played it yet)

I noticed when I break this down it doesnt show me avg XP, which is an important piece of the question. 

fn.jpg

I suppose if you look at this, it took me 300 games. But I had premium for a bit, which you can tell by my # of Saint-Louis games. 

My KM cruisers, are similar total. Im maybe 70K short or so though till the Hinden.

rn.jpg

For Comparisons sake

ru.jpg

Now here is what a brand new player might experience though. The IJN cruiser and BB lines were the first lines I ever played. But this one is more distorted cause I played games outside the grind, but probably not many.

japa.jpg

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,550 battles
18 minutes ago, PotatoLord73 said:

If I play one or two battle a day for most days without a premium account, how long does it take to get to tier 10 from tier 6?

One or two battles a day? 

It depends on how good you do, even then with no premium a typical decent game might net you 1500 base xp.  You are probably looking at 500k xp roughly (varies depending on the class, but it wont be far off) to get to tier 10 from tier 6.  So (this is a very conservative estimate obviously). 

Assuming you got on average 1500 xp per game it would take you about 167 games or about 84 days if you played 2 games a day.  Really depends on how good you are, I would realistically increase that by about 1/3 even if you are good, with premium you could get there alot faster.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,679 posts
3,560 battles

From tier 1-10 is around 850-900k xp. From tier 6 up I would ballpark it to be at least 600k, probably closer to 700 or 750. 

But its not about the tier 10. Don't be the clueless dog chasing cars. You'll finally catch one and be stuck int he middle of oncoming traffic. Tier 10s are only good for losing credits and clan battles. As a F2P (free to play) player, tier 10 should be the least of your priorities. Instead I would recommend going for a certain lower tier ship that looks very fun. A goofy looking ship or something historical that tickles your fancy. A lot of players rush up and get mad that they are bleeding credits. 

Edited by _1204_
  • Cool 1

[MIA-P]
Members
684 posts
6,749 battles

Without any kind of bonuses, I think it takes around 500-600 battles to reach tier 10 (from tier 1). I only did that once, and it was with my first ever line (USN CAs, way back in the day). That said, the game economy more or less showers players in camos, flags and other types of bonuses. These increase the XP gain exponentially together with seasonal events, premium time and your own skill. If you play well, take advantage of your first win bonus and use some decent XP camos/flags, it should be possible to get maybe 3k XP per battle and cut that down to 400 battles. If you do get premium time that probably cuts things down further to 300 battles. I would also suggest saving up the really good camos (those which grant an XP bonus greater than 100%), as well as the premium economy flags. Two or three times a year we get 200% first win bonuses, and when paired with all these economy flags and a premium account, it is sometimes possible to get 20-40k XP in a single game (if you play very well). However, it is rarely possible to do this with a single ship more than three or four times in a year. There are also occasional events which allow you to farm freeXP surprisingly quickly. If you already have or aren't interested in the freeXP ships, using this on the main-line grind can actually accelerate you quite a bit. A true min-maxer who takes advantage of every opportunity and plays extremely well could probably grind a line in under 70 battles.

That said, I would encourage you to take things slow and smell the roses. The upper tiers aren't actually any better than the lower ones, even if it feels that way at first. I learned a huge amount from that first 600 battle grind; I would not be the same player if I had skipped ahead. If I were you, I'd try grinding 3 lines (one DD, one CA and one BB, each from a different nation) simultaniously, aiming to finish each in about 400 battles. After that, you can see which ship types suit you best and which nations you are most interested in. Accelerate as you gain experience. For now, take things slow.

[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles

Probably 6-7 months. The problem is at high tiers without premium you can’t grind xp and credits at the same time. You’re going to need to play 200ish games to get from your tier IX ship to your X ship. At the same time you’re probably going to need to play 1-2 tier VI-VII games to make up for the credit deficit from each of those 200 games, plus another 100-200 games to afford the tier X ship itself.

Assuming you make around 75,000-100,000 credit profit per tier VI game, which might be a bit optimistic.

Edited by Gavroche_

Members
1,484 posts
9,774 battles

Slow down hoss...you'll regret getting to T10 if you make an all-out effort to get there, regardless whether you're F2P or with a couple of years premium time. As someone said in the comments, stop and smell the roses.

You should try to play all the classes and nations(so you understand how a ship plays and you can effectively counter it when encountered in a match) rather than make an all-out effort to reach T10...that being said, it's your time and effort. GL with your decision.

Edited by _Rumple_

[RLGN]
Members
11,240 posts
20,260 battles
3 hours ago, _1204_ said:

A lot of players rush up and get mad that they are bleeding credits. 

I personally think I suck; but apparently (with premium,) I do well enough not to lose credits.

I just loathe Tier 10 gameplay and refuse to participate in it without some outside motivation.

Clan Battles? SCREW THAT.

I got kicked out of my previous clan for refusing to participate in them. Partly why I'm in a small clan now; they're too small for anything but Naval Battles, which I don't mind playing.

Members
2,611 posts
9,799 battles

I would not be in any rush to T10.  I spend majority of my time playing T9/T10 ships in randoms, only to step down to lower tiers recently.  Personally, given the right ships and skill set, I am recently finding tiers 5 and 7 the most enjoyable and fun experience.  

Anything below T5 feels clunky, slow and weak.  Games above T8 feel, well, a little too stale for my taste.

Tier 6 has the dubious pleasure to end up bottom tier in significantly superior company of T8 ships that are very popular,  have access to end game weapon systems and modules, and bring multiple T8 CVs that are rather difficult for T6 ships to deal with.

Tier 8 ships, in turn, have the same issue with T10 population, mirroring situation with T6->T8 gap to the same detail.

I always felt that Tier 5 ships have easier time dealing with T7 ships (and total lack of T7 CVs), while Tier 7 ships have it better when dealing with T9s (again, no T9 CVs).  

Certain premiums can still present issues to bottom tiers when top tier (Belfast, Black, Musashi), but still T5 and T7 have it better than other tiers IMHO.

Edited by Ramsalot

[WORX]
Members
5,030 posts
15,593 battles
4 hours ago, PotatoLord73 said:

how long does it take to get to tier 10 from tier 6?

It will take you longer to learn the in game dynamics then it will for you to get there.

I dont recommend moving up from tier 6 for any ship, of any nation. Its not worth it...

I do recommend to find your fun mid tiers. Learn the in game matrix/dynamics of the battle you're facing.

In summery, no rush to tier 10 your not missing a thing and they're not missing you.  Just have fun

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLFB]
Members
2,868 posts
11,787 battles

Short answer: it will take you a long time

Long answer: Take your time, enjoy the game and learn game mecanics. There's no reason to rush a T10 without having any clue about what you can do best and what are your weaknesses. You better learn / figure out things at T6 where mistake aren't as easily punished as in T10. Also even a very bad game at T5-T6 will still gives you some credit, whereas at T8-9-10 you'll lose money for playing bad.

Sign in to follow this