Sign in to follow this  
Erebthoron

Bored of Marvel and DC Superheros? Try Umbrella Academy

7 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,279 posts
22,484 battles

It's out on Netflix since a few months and I enjoyed it. Even it's confusing at the start.

A small hint to make it easier: this series contains heavy doses of timetravel, so be prepared to watch it again. 

Some flashbacks you will see make only sense with the second season. 

Unfortunally it will take a while till she will be out on the screen... or rather: stream

There are some videos at youtube explaining the characters, their history and powers based on the comic books.

The main difference is: those play in a steampunk kind Europe around 1900. And ofc: there are heavy spoilers.

To get an idea about it, my fav scene from the first episode

And the official trailer

Oh, and the soundtrack ofc.

Just found this mojo clip about it

• Boring 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,731 posts
4,836 battles

I never finished season 1 due to how confusing it gotten. I believe i stopped at episode 7 for 2 months now

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,279 posts
22,484 battles
11 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

I never finished season 1 due to how confusing it gotten. I believe i stopped at episode 7 for 2 months now

Finish it. The real good part comes with the episodes 8-10.

[TF-60]
Members
375 posts
10,588 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

It's out on Netflix since a few months and I enjoyed it. Even it's confusing at the start.

A small hint to make it easier: this series contains heavy doses of timetravel, so be prepared to watch it again. 

Some flashbacks you will see make only sense with the second season. 

Unfortunally it will take a while till she will be out on the screen... or rather: stream

There are some videos at youtube explaining the characters, their history and powers based on the comic books.

The main difference is: those play in a steampunk kind Europe around 1900. And ofc: there are heavy spoilers.

To get an idea about it, my fav scene from the first episode

And the official trailer

Oh, and the soundtrack ofc.

Just found this mojo clip about it

Really awesome show;  finished it over a 2 weeks upon its release.  They are planning a season 2

Edited by General_WTSherman

Beta Testers
10,047 posts

Netflix cancelled all their Marvel TV series in anticipation of the Streaming Wars, as Disney is preparing its own streaming service, Disney+.  Oh yeah, Apple too wants its own streaming service.  

You can expect Disney to introduce all sorts of Marvel and Star Wars themed TV series to be exclusive to Disney+.  Add the Fox Studio movie library and franchises too, including the X-Men.  

Netflix is countering back with whole new series of their own, using Sci-Fi, Super Hero and even anime.    This series is a good step forward.  

[TASC]
Members
226 posts
8,929 battles

I Have watched 5 episodes so far, it is okay for a drama show. I feel about it the same as FBI series. I will watch the show until the end, because would like to know how the world ends.

I only finished watching the season, to see what happens. To me it is just another drama show, with some charactors having special powers. 

The last episode, I did not find that one boring. The time travelling handler, I still do not understand .

Edited by Timo_Greenwold

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this