You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

That "Useless team'" comment

48 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
40 posts
5,086 battles

This is a fan favorite. Players rushing out in their DD, dying after 90 sec or so. Then 10 seconds later they'll write "Useless team" in the chat window.

Just happened again in a blowout loss. Turns out this player was dead last on our team with .... 105 XP! Priceless.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF2]
Members
3,705 posts
15,408 battles

You said it was a team wipe, so maybe team was in fact "useless" lol

Is it the DDs fault for the wipe or is it that he died to a CV that you dislike?

I think you should play DD and show them how it's done … without posting about it :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 3

[CSALT]
Members
1,001 posts

Yes, success is internal and failure is external.  Human nature.

The first ones dead have the most time to type as well.

• Cool 1

Members
1,412 posts
8,793 battles

The part that gets me about it is that they usually phrase it as "another useless team..." as if they're expecting you to apologize for the bad experience they had in a previous game with a team you weren't a part of.

At any rate, most players seem to think that their wins come mostly from personal skill but their losses are the fault of the team.  It's just pretty basic ego stuff.

• Cool 2

[NGAGE]
Members
3,606 posts
8,673 battles

In my experience the people who complain the most about other players normally... are well, that type of player.

• Cool 2

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,550 battles
7 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

This is a fan favorite. Players rushing out in their DD, dying after 90 sec or so. Then 10 seconds later they'll write "Useless team" in the chat window.

Just happened again in a blowout loss. Turns out this player was dead last on our team with .... 105 XP! Priceless.

Pretty sure its supported by empirical evidence the most vocal complainers in a game are also the worst performing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

...the other side of the coin is, dd arrives at cap, with no support in sight,or in position to give support(hugging island for dear life)..and in the same time, red dd arrives, with full support. Yes, at this point even if our dd survives, team fully deserves the useless tag.... And when the same happens at all caps,,game is technically over.....

Edited by VonSmallHausenn
  • Cool 6

[WOLF2]
Members
3,705 posts
15,408 battles
10 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

The part that gets me about it is that they usually phrase it as "another useless team..." as if they're expecting you to apologize for the bad experience they had in a previous game with a team you weren't a part of.

At any rate, most players seem to think that their wins come mostly from personal skill but their losses are the fault of the team.  It's just pretty basic ego stuff.

I see those comments and frustration coming from all players … 

I don't think it's particular to DDs 

I can guarantee that after a few losses in a row, most people are thinking it even if they don't post it :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
817 posts
9,071 battles

...this is how blowout game happens. One team has the initial , the other just sits, than runs. There is a big difference between dd rushes in to a cap, when team rather supports other caps ,, or team does not support at all,so dd either does the same and goes on defensive , or decides to take the risk and go to cap in case red has the same attitude for the caps.... 

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,550 battles
11 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

...the other side of the coin, is, dd arrives at cap, with no support in sight,or in position to give support(hugging island for dear life)..and in the same time, red dd arrives, with full support. Yes, at this point even if our dd survives, team fully deserves the useless tag.... And when the same happens at all caps,,game is technically over.....

There is a modicum of personal responsibility there.  Whenever I play dd, which isn't often because I suck in them, I will usually get in chat and say he Im going here will anyone support me? If I get crickets in return believe me I will approach timid and bail when I meet resistance.  If someone says they will support me, then dont, yeah they deserve being called out.  It's the DDs barreling toward the weak point, then crying when there was no support when they made no attempt to ensure they had it.  Alot of times teams are really hard on for just going for 2 points and if a DD goes to the third one, yeah you are gonna get left hanging.  Have some situational awareness and LOOK at the map and see what your team is doing.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[LOS]
Members
663 posts
10,112 battles
12 minutes ago, VonSmallHausenn said:

...the other side of the coin is, dd arrives at cap, with no support in sight,or in position to give support(hugging island for dear life)..and in the same time, red dd arrives, with full support. Yes, at this point even if our dd survives, team fully deserves the useless tag.... And when the same happens at all caps,,game is technically over.....

This ^^^^^.   +1 for you Sir.  On weekends I tend to scout around caps because weekenders seem to hang back a bit.  This happens even when I announce the Cap I'm going for.  But with a smart and aggressive team behind you the result is glorious!

26 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

Useless topic and comment.....:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,565 posts
10,707 battles
24 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

To be fair many teams do not play to win but to damage farm. 

The instance you are talking about if there was a cv he should have dropped fighters right at the entrance of the dds path. A cruiser or 2 should have been close by to support. More games are lost by not pushing objectives then by sheer killing. Since the cv rework, I have seen more games lost where the losing team had a ship advantage, but the rest of the team did not engage enemy dds or support their own dds.

If this was the only case then I would say easy fix, but it's not. Cruisers only want to shoot at BBS as its an easier target to hit, Battleships are ignoring enemy cruisers and laser focusing on bbs. The reality is the smaller the class of ship the more important it is to kill and the greater rewards you get. And for some reason, people are not using the "f3"  key to highlight a priority target or when they do people ignore it still to damage farm.

So while I find the term useless a bit dramatic I understand the position they are taking.

• Cool 2

[-TXT-]
Members
7 posts
10,148 battles

My favourite is someone dies and immediately looks at mini-map and starts berating the player "farthest away", even though that player may have just sunk a boat or solo capped, etc.

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
562 posts
2,550 battles
7 minutes ago, a_yoshiz said:

My favourite is someone dies and immediately looks at mini-map and starts berating the player "farthest away", even though that player may have just sunk a boat or solo capped, etc.

There is nothing more annoying when someone calls you out and berates your positioning when they have no context as to why you are where you are.  I was in my Mass B, pushing into a cap getting utterly hammered by a demoines and wooster behind islands.  I turned an ran, nothing I could do, If I continued to push or just backed away slowly I would be dead for utterly nothing. Once I got out of range some dead player starts calling me out for "sitting in the back"  like...WHAT THE HELL DUDE, did you not see me push in, get [edited] by ships I cant do anything about and retreat...its so frustrating.  I mean iff there is one thing I do in the Mass B its play aggressive, but I am not suicidal.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
6,130 posts
6,352 battles

I usually say something more cutting than useless. But I also don't talk trash when I've died doing something dumb. Normally, it's my teammates who have all gotten exploded in 3-4 minutes, and me grousing as I await impending doom.

[SOV]
Members
2,918 posts

The last 2 days its been only blow outs. 4 dd per game they die and then hit the forums and blame xv when they got while out because of dumb moves.

Took Midway out because I dont play t10 often. And t10 is the worst. Its boring, the ships are all the same and its the same ships over and over again.

The best part is how arogant t10 players are. There, well I only play t10 because I am that amazing at the game and life. Almost every game was a stomping by red or green team.

O well tomorrow it is.

Edited by jags_domain

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
727 posts
4,683 battles

I always thought this was one of the most ironic whines in the game.  It's funny because the person who is QQing about the useless team...is part of that useless team. People who use this insult as a weapon to slam others are really saying that they , themselves, suck. 

tenor (2).gif

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

Is it the DDs fault for the wipe or is it that he died to a CV that you dislike?

Immaterial... what such a comment does is rub the team the wrong way. It can be quite a psychological blow to the team's mojo... kind of a self-fulfilling wish by the sunken player... 

What am I saying?! Hopefully he got sunk by a carrier! :cap_haloween::cap_like::cap_cool:

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
15,354 posts
12,506 battles

some teams are completely useless though.

literally 11/12 players on my team are 40% WR... sometimes even <40% WR.

It's a no win situation.

by some, I mean most.

but usually they're all concentrated on the red team.

Edited by MrDeaf

[WOLF2]
Members
3,705 posts
15,408 battles
13 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Immaterial... what such a comment does is rub the team the wrong way. It can be quite a psychological blow to the team's mojo... kind of a self-fulfilling wish by the sunken player... 

What am I saying?! Hopefully he got sunk by a carrier! :cap_haloween::cap_like::cap_cool:

So, you blame the DD for a team that lost in a blow out .. lol 

Do you see any hypocrisy there?

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
2,493 posts
10,572 battles

meh, don't see those comments every game. But it's nothing new. Usually ignore them if it's a one and done. If it's a tirade just report them and play next game.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,060 posts
42 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

So, you blame the DD for a team that lost in a blow out .. lol 

Do you see any hypocrisy there?

None whatsoever. :cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,977 posts
11,727 battles
1 hour ago, QQ_Whine_Moar said:

I always thought this was one of the most ironic whines in the game.  It's funny because the person who is QQing about the useless team...is part of that useless team. People who use this insult as a weapon to slam others are really saying that they , themselves, suck. 

tenor (2).gif

My favorite is the player yesterday that chat's "I'm 1 for 8 today.  Why do I always get the suck team?"

I'm thinking, great, I won't be following him...

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,261 posts

Yet another reason to hide stats.

I especially enjoy the 'Everyone Take C' ping at the beginning of a battle -- especially when I'm in a 'Standard' US battleship.. (basically a slow bucket with a paddle).

I'm driving in there with cruisers and DDs, supporting my team..  when...  oh look!  Something shiny !!!  Everyone takes off, leaving me to die of focused fire.

Requesting support...  never mind...  dunk..  <esc> leave battle.

Sometimes..  sometimes I enquire why everyone runs away and we end up in a severe wipe-out?  Is this a common thing to leave your team-mates out to dry.. 

Cruisers and BBs hiding while their team's DDs are being shot to hell.  DDs and CLs going after the enemy CV instead of trying to cap.

You know..  Maybe MM puts all this behavior group together in one side, just so they learn not to use this toxic behavior.