Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KSN

Returning CBT Veteran - What Guides do I need?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,760 posts
9,365 battles

Hi,

While CV's were being revamped and secretly alpha tested, I had my fill of some toxicity and needed a break. I just bought myself and my son the Graf Zeppelin, and am re-downloading/updating the game.

I'm just wondering what guides/video tutorials are recommended for returning players to best use in order to get back up to speed and not be a drag on a Random Team, instead of trying to learn the hard way...?

Thanks in advance!

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
3,560 posts
5,062 battles

First of all, have you taken a look at the referral program? It's also applicable to veteran players that haven't played in 90 days. Provided you play a single tier VI battle you can get some goodies and special missions for some premium time. And I think you and your son can just swap referral codes to both benefit from it. Take a look at the link:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/world_of_friendship/

[WAG]
Beta Testers
733 posts
6,133 battles

if you are going to use Graff, id suggest taking a few battles down in a T4 CV, it will help you get a hang of the new CV controls before having to deal with T10. other then that, old info is still valid in most cases, and the referral program above is also a good thing to look into.

Welcome back.

[WOLF8]
Members
5,143 posts
4,931 battles

Welcome back, smol chibi Shiny. LOL.

Hope to see you again in the Caption The Above Profile Pic thread. :Smile_teethhappy:

Hopefully the reworked CV is to your taste... please try to approach it with an open mind. But either way, please try not to let... the things happening around the forum to get to your head, lel.

[SF-A]
Members
3,097 posts
6,730 battles

@KSN If I can take a shameless plug here.. join a clan! There are economic bonuses to be had with no cost or membership fee. For example, SF-A has +10% commander XP and -15% to the credits cost of buying ships. We use discord, which is easy to set up, but more importantly for your particular situation we hold trainings quite frequently. We go over maps (some of which will be new to you), ships, and how to make team mechanics work best for divisions.

If you're going to be paired with your son occasionally, making smoke and radar work together will be a lot of fun, but both have changed since you last played. Check us out and we'll work with you to get back in the saddle in no time!

https://www.team-sf.com/

Members
11 posts
370 battles

Well, since you probably know the basics practice on each other in the simulation or practice battle mode with your son using the new cvs and

going to battle to find out hands on.

Joining a clan doesn't really help since you already play with your son and have played a lot of games.

Clan only helps if you have not much experience and need advice on how to improve your game and maybe division.

You probably have contacts on to people you have played with before and may still be there.

Welcome back and hope you enjoy your new CV, I have bought it too and I'm doing this new account to make super beginner videos for those who start a new.

Sign in to follow this