You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

PSA: 'Normal' Twitch drops ended. Done. Fini. Over.

53 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles

I've been pretty consistent watching streams, but have not gotten a crate - on either account - since the 16th.

Update:  From several sources, it appears that Twitch Premium containers for watching WoWS streams has ended due to the total awarded hitting a hard cap.  Twitch Supercontainers are still a thing, though awarded in-stream only.  And "Space Drops" (the ones with Ironium) also seem to have hit a cap.

Update 2:  Twitch drops seem to have resumed as of 4/23.

Update 3:  See below,  No more drops.

@iKami

Edited by iDuckman

[-ARP-]
Members
627 posts
13,217 battles

I also stopped getting any Twitch crates at all.

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles

I think Twitch screwed up when the started with the Super Containers.  For the first two days it seems that was all they were giving out.  After that... nothing.  They probably gave away the entire month's allotment in the first 48 hours.  I haven't seen one in days and I watch at least an hour or two every day.

Plus I have noticed that Twitch automatically sets you as "Away" after about 15 minutes, whether you are watching or not.  

Edited by JCC45

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles

Yeah. you're right.  I didn't notice that.  I can't seem to change it back to Online, except to F5 and reload the page entirely.

Update: If you give focus back to the tab, it seems to update eventually.

Edited by iDuckman

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles

Got one of the new ones and then nothing, even I watch nearly every day. Was 5-7 per week before.

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,469 posts
17,698 battles

There was a maximum number of containers given away...  that max was reached a day or so ago.  As a result, no more containers.  Not sure if it applies only to space or twitch in general.  

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

There was a maximum number of containers given away...  that max was reached a day or so ago.  As a result, no more containers.  Not sure if it applies only to space or twitch in general.  

Max per player?  Max per stream?  Or max grand total?

[-K-]
5,469 posts
17,698 battles

max total, from my understanding.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts

Support confirmed that the Space "drops" replaced the regular Twitch drops.

Someone said on a stream today that Mr Conway confirmed they only allowed for so many drops and then they had to chance change things "for the economy".  Sorry, I have no reference for that.

But it appears that when a lot of folks hit their max in the first day or so, that was it for the entire "event".  Only 2 more days to go and maybe everything will return to normal.  And, yes, I haven't had a Twitch drop in 5 days ... 

ev.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

max total, from my understanding.

Thanks Zath.  Notser kinda breezed by the question but mentioned a "very hard cap".  I guess they're done.

[-K-]
5,469 posts
17,698 battles
5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Thanks Zath.  Notser kinda breezed by the question but mentioned a "very hard cap".  I guess they're done.

No problem.  It's nice of WG to set up something special like this but perhaps things will be tweaked in the future for more consistent drops.  

[WOLF9]
Members
10,207 posts
4,366 battles
Just now, Lord_Zath said:

No problem.  It's nice of WG to set up something special like this but perhaps things will be tweaked in the future for more consistent drops.  

I didn't mind the drop rate, and the crates certainly were welcome (as I'm sure the streamers welcomed the extra eyeballs). 

"Space Drops", otoh, confuse the heck out of me.  Take them and run.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles

There are some rumours at reddit that you will not get anymore after you got a SC.

My first (and last) was a SC.

[SYN]
Members
588 posts
3,261 battles

So does this mean no more twitch crates? I haven't received one for some time now.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
7 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

So does this mean no more twitch crates? I haven't received one for some time now.

There are NO Twitch crates during the Space drop event.  You can/could only get the space ones (apparently 5 max) and possibly a SC.  It "appears" the event has ended, even though there are a couple of days left.  So on Wednesday, maybe everything will return to normal.  Who the hell knows.

[SYN]
Members
588 posts
3,261 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

There are NO Twitch crates during the Space drop event.  You can/could only get the space ones (apparently 5 max) and possibly a SC.  It "appears" the event has ended, even though there are a couple of days left.  So on Wednesday, maybe everything will return to normal.  Who the hell knows.

If I remember correctly, I did get normal twitch containers during the event but like you said, it may resume to the normal drops after the event ends.

[-ARP-]
Members
627 posts
13,217 battles

What a joke. Can't even arrange a supply of containers for the length of the event.

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles

So I guess we had better tell some of the streamers because they are still promoting this on their streams because it looks like Twitch is using the same communications strategy as WG.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
111 posts
8,207 battles

I haven't seen a twitch container of any kind since November.  WG says that's random chance. I find your complaints hilarious in a very bitter kind of way.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,893 posts
8,245 battles
8 minutes ago, Fruta_mala said:

I haven't seen a twitch container of any kind since November.

That's odd. Are you sure you're not doing something foolish like muting the stream? I've had a steady rain of the damn things all this year, ever since I signed on.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
11 hours ago, DocWalker said:

I got all the Space Drops I could and 1 SC. I also got 2 regular Twitch containers during that time. It all stopped after that SC though. Nothing since to the point I have stopped.

[PVE]
Members
9,307 posts
16,527 battles
10 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

What a joke. Can't even arrange a supply of containers for the length of the event.

Working as intended :Smile_hiding:

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,843 posts
4,057 battles

Yea I stopped getting them last week.  I am on twitch in the background pretty much all day long at work.   I figured it has to be something..   Was getting generally at least one Twitch container a day.  I won't gripe..it was good while it lasted.      

[YORHA]
Members
4,272 posts
7,623 battles
13 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah. you're right.  I didn't notice that.  I can't seem to change it back to Online, except to F5 and reload the page entirely.

Update: If you give focus back to the tab, it seems to update eventually.

Also if you switch to another streamer and then switch back right away it instantly resets to online, but then puts you as away after about 15 minutes whether you are watching or not.