Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

why are the rounds so bad in random? constant blowouts.

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

32
[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
54 posts
6,137 battles

Seriously, is the matchmaking that bad or are the players that bad? I'd rather have the bots from co-op on my team. Its been lose-lose-lose-lose-win-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose over and over and over. every game almost always ends with one team still at 6 to 10 ships left. Zero teamwork every round. Alot of my clan mates see it, half of them won't even play random anymore because it's so bad. Something needs done.. my first recommendation is no more 3 tiers in a match together.. drop it to 2. Sick and tired of trying to play a tier 8 in a battle where the other team is 90% 9's and 10's. Save the jerky comments, i'm just saying what my clan sees on a regular basis.. participation is really dropping, i'm not gonna waste any more money on it till it improves. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,099
[RKLES]
Members
9,585 posts
11,483 battles
8 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

Seriously, is the matchmaking that bad or are the players that bad? I'd rather have the bots from co-op on my team. Its been lose-lose-lose-lose-win-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose over and over and over. every game almost always ends with one team still at 6 to 10 ships left. Zero teamwork every round. Alot of my clan mates see it, half of them won't even play random anymore because it's so bad. Something needs done.. my first recommendation is no more 3 tiers in a match together.. drop it to 2. Sick and tired of trying to play a tier 8 in a battle where the other team is 90% 9's and 10's. Save the jerky comments, i'm just saying what my clan sees on a regular basis.. participation is really dropping, i'm not gonna waste any more money on it till it improves. 

Welcome to Werkend gameplay and worse yet today is Sunday so you get literal Sunday drivers in the game... Things are typically better during the week. Lol every weekend the complaint threads appear, as well as holidays, Summer Vacation, and other such school holidays. At such times you just have to realize that you may not want to be doing a stock grind and that you either will have really good games or really bad ones. I actually have some ships that I do not mind if their stats take a hit as they already had stats burned from back when I learned to play that I use if I suspect there might be bad teams. Can be great way to earn nice stacks of awards which resupplied various signal flags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[A-CUP]
Members
1,017 posts
8,115 battles

Your little rant wont affect the WG's income. and you are suggesting +-1 MM system, which as you havent seen, there are a lot of these topics. Why dont you try and find one instead of crating a new rant Hmm?

And want my suggest.. Play on Weekdays. It a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,543
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles

What is a blow out? To me that is a short match with one team totally dominating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,412 posts
8,793 battles
41 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

Seriously, is the matchmaking that bad or are the players that bad?

It's not the matchmaker.  Even high-end competitive modes like the top bracket of ranked, the top league of clan battles and Kings of the Sea tournament have lots of blowouts.

It's because World of Warships has no comeback mechanics.  In fact, it has the opposite of comeback mechanics.  If a team falls behind, it's usually because they've lost more ships and/or been pushed into a bad position on the map.  If those things happen, the most likely thing to happen next is they fall further behind.  Balancing the teams carefully before the match starts won't prevent this.

Imagine a soccer game if you got to remove one player from the opposing team every time you scored a goal.  You'd see some competitive games where the teams go back and forth, but you'd see an awful lot of games end in a 11-0 blowout when one team jumped out to an early lead and became unstoppable.  That's how WoWS works.

Edited by Vaidency
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
939
[CUTE]
Members
2,302 posts
10,644 battles
37 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

1. Seriously, is the matchmaking that bad or are the players that bad? I'd rather have the bots from co-op on my team.

2. Its been lose-lose-lose-lose-win-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose over and over and over. every game almost always ends with one team still at 6 to 10 ships left.

Zero teamwork every round. Alot of my clan mates see it, half of them won't even play random anymore because it's so bad.

3. Something needs done.. my first recommendation is no more 3 tiers in a match together.. drop it to 2. Sick and tired of trying to play a tier 8 in a battle where the other team is 90% 9's and 10's.

Save the jerky comments, i'm just saying what my clan sees on a regular basis..

4. participation is really dropping, i'm not gonna waste any more money on it till it improves. 

1. Do you think you're much better? Do you honestly think that you're the only one with a brain on your team, and that the rest of them are eating paste? You're talking pretty big and I don't know if that's justified.

2. Well it looks like the common factor for losing is you.

3. This is a good suggestion and something that has been considered multiple times before. However, WG has repeatedly stated that they're unwilling to change the current tier system.

4. Everyone at anytime is free to leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,370
[NGAGE]
Members
3,607 posts
8,673 battles

Run Matchmaking Monitor.

You will understand why.

2 minutes ago, Gavroche_ said:

1. Do you think you're much better? Do you honestly think that you're the only one with a brain on your team, and that the rest of them are eating paste? You're talking pretty big and I don't know if that's justified.

2. Well it looks like the common factor for losing is you.

3. This is a good suggestion and something that has been considered multiple times before. However, WG has repeatedly stated that they're unwilling to change the current tier system.

4. Everyone at anytime is free to leave

It's always the below average people who complain about everyone else. OP is no exception here.

Edited by enderland07
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,134
[SALVO]
Members
21,726 posts
22,039 battles
6 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

It's not the matchmaker.  Even high-end competitive modes like the top bracket of ranked, the top league of clan battles and Kings of the Sea tournament have lots of blowouts.

It's because World of Warships has no comeback mechanics.  In fact, it has the opposite of comeback mechanics.  If a team falls behind, it's usually because they've lost more ships and/or been pushed into a bad position on the map.  If those things happen, the most likely thing to happen next is they fall further behind.  Balancing the teams carefully before the match starts won't prevent this.

Imagine a soccer game if you got to remove one player from the opposing team every time you scored a goal.  You'd see some competitive games where the teams go back and forth, but you'd see an awful lot of games end in a 11-0 blowout when one team jumped out to an early lead and became unstoppable.  That's how WoWS works.

It's called the Snowball Effect.  Every time you lose a ship and the opposing team's lead increases, the chances of making a comeback decrease. 

The only real way to execute a comeback is to SERIOUSLY focus on deleting badly wounded enemy ships ASAP.  Use the F3 key to ping badly wounded enemy ships to try to get the team to focus on them.  In my experience, teams are willing to focus fire on F3-pinged enemies, as long as the person pinging targets is doing so carefully and intelligently.  No spamming willy-nilly.  Just pinking badly wounded enemies or DDs or possibly CVs.  Teams never come back from a deficit if they're all aiming at different ships while the enemy has better focus fire.

BTW, it's the same in World of Tanks.  I've seen some impressive comebacks in WoT, because often big leads were built due to one team getting kills but losing a lot of HP in the process.  Smart leading teams would become extra careful with their wounded ducks, while smart trailing teams would recognize the need to finish off those enemy wounded ducks.  And when trailing teams could find and kill those badly wounded ducks for minimal cost, big deficits could be turned around.

It's a little more difficult in WoWS because certain ships have the ability to heal back a portion of their lost HP, and that makes a big difference.  And it's why you desperately need to finish off those ships with strong Healing abilities fast, before they have a chance to hide and heal up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[NMKJT]
Members
2,110 posts
5,932 battles
20 minutes ago, Vaidency said:

It's because World of Warships has no comeback mechanics.  In fact, it has the opposite of comeback mechanics.  If a team falls behind, it's usually because they've lost more ships and/or been pushed into a bad position on the map.  If those things happen, the most likely thing to happen next is they fall further behind.  Balancing the teams carefully before the match starts won't prevent this.

WoWS can be bad, but WT is truly the opposite of comeback mechanics. For awhile if someone got killed in ground RB in their first vehicle spawn, it locked them out of doing much more in the match (maybe they could use an AA vehicle or something and hope they got an air kill) due to the high spawnpoint costs. So their entire vehicle lineup was removed from their team. And the guy who killed them got rewarded with spawn points for it, which meant he could potentially spawn a plane or something and kill even more people in their first vehicles. So things can be worse than what we have.

7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's called the Snowball Effect.  Every time you lose a ship and the opposing team's lead increases, the chances of making a comeback decrease. 

The only real way to execute a comeback is to SERIOUSLY focus on deleting badly wounded enemy ships ASAP.  Use the F3 key to ping badly wounded enemy ships to try to get the team to focus on them.  In my experience, teams are willing to focus fire on F3-pinged enemies, as long as the person pinging targets is doing so carefully and intelligently.  No spamming willy-nilly.  Just pinking badly wounded enemies or DDs or possibly CVs.  Teams never come back from a deficit if they're all aiming at different ships while the enemy has better focus fire.

And falling back to better positions. A lot of winning teams get a rush of crap to the brain and will gleefully funnel into crossfires at close range and get deleted instead of waiting people out with control of the map and majority of objectives.

But if losing team splits up or takes bad positions they're generally done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32
[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
54 posts
6,137 battles

these are blowouts.. over with 7-12 minutes left... people don't even TRY to cap.. we were on sea of fortune, tier 8-10 and my entire team went below A. all of them. enemy capped all 3 in under 3 minutes. Yes, the weekend sucks. they put Naval Battles on weekends, and you have to run random to stand a chance and you can't make points with a team that runs and hides behind rocks. even DD's hiding behind rocks. I've typed in A/B? B/C? and i get no response. Random is all about team play, and the teams don't seem to care about any kind of coordination at all. It's a game.. it's supposed to be fun.. there's nothing fun being shot at by 7 ships because you're the only one with balls enough to try and cap instead of letting the other team just have them. If you can't get people to play the game the way it's supposed to be played, it's time to change the game. I just started playing carriers... if you have a tier 8 carrier in a tier 10 match, forget it. you might as well go back to port. Space battles torpedo nonsense is zero fun.. operations are ok, but can't be used to complete campaigns and other things.. co-op is boring, even though the bots are better than damn near everyone i get grouped with. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,221
[PHASE]
Members
4,757 posts
16,180 battles
1 hour ago, syp_twiz said:

 i'm not gonna waste any more money on it till it improves. 

Where you wasting money before? And if it improves will you still be wasting money? 

Anyway, its frustrating. Just focus on where you land on the team board. Do what you can to win. The last two weeks I have played the best I have in 14,000 games. I have been at or near the top in almost every game I have been playing. I would be shocked if I am 50% during that stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,437 posts
10,179 battles

Alot of forum posters say the good/unicum players arent playing anymore. Know what that  means? Avg players can rise up. TAKE WHAT IS YOURS!

 

avg.jpg

 

Edit: Also, Happy Easter Yall!

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[CSALT]
Members
1,001 posts

I was in a battle the other day where four ships beat nine ships.  It was looking like it was going to be a blow out and then it all changed when both sides started to cap both bases.  We did a better job of capping and resetring their efforts to cap.  Our CVs did an excellent job doing that.

As for jerky comments, this is mine:

 

beef-jerky-is-basically-a-meat-raisin.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,824 posts
10,204 battles
2 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

Seriously, is the matchmaking that bad or are the players that bad? I'd rather have the bots from co-op on my team. Its been lose-lose-lose-lose-win-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose over and over and over. every game almost always ends with one team still at 6 to 10 ships left. Zero teamwork every round. Alot of my clan mates see it, half of them won't even play random anymore because it's so bad. Something needs done.. my first recommendation is no more 3 tiers in a match together.. drop it to 2. Sick and tired of trying to play a tier 8 in a battle where the other team is 90% 9's and 10's. Save the jerky comments, i'm just saying what my clan sees on a regular basis.. participation is really dropping, i'm not gonna waste any more money on it till it improves. 

Allot of players have difficulty adapting to the different modes of CV based and DD dependent games. Today i literally had a team in a DD dependent game literally ring rosey the spawn because they didn't know what to do with no CV in the match. The other team however knew exactly what to do and torpedoed and sniped everyone not behind an Island to death.

The pendulum swings, especially when people are falsely being lead to believe CVs are overly influential when the major dictating factor in any match are DDs; with or without Carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,187
[EGO]
Members
3,683 posts
2 hours ago, syp_twiz said:

Seriously, is the matchmaking that bad or are the players that bad?

Matchmaking makes no attempt to make the teams fair.

The average player is a lot worse than they used to be so now a super-unicum is worth 6 potatos instead of 3. If the distribution of purple players is poor you get a blowout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,720 posts
7,774 battles

Define 'blowout' - I am willing to bet at least half the games were not 'blowouts'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,543
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,363 posts
11,875 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I picked a bad week to quit smoking/drinking/sniffing glue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[TF-62]
Members
12 posts
6,416 battles

Perhaps WG should make an official poll just to see who is willing to wait an extra minute for the matchmaker to align player Avg XP AND tiers. Seriously, who cares if the match launches quickly if the teams are absolute unbalanced garbage. Exhibit A; said match had 3x super unicum players and 2 unicum players on 1 team, with some blue and green mixed in, the other team (my one) had 2 unicum and the rest orange - it's not fun being on either team.

This game has been out for 3 years or so. If they want some longevity for it once it's released they best invest some time into the matchmaker, instead of trying to suck every penny out of the few players (with carbon copy premium ships) that stick around long enough to spend real money. 

20190421084018_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×