You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

3 carriers per side ?

12 comments in this topic

[W-G]
Members
769 posts

So its been a while since I played. Logged into to a couple of games in the last few days where there are 3 carriers per side. Is this a going thing now?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,909 battles

The premium carriers went on sale, and in crates last week.  It'll fade somewhat when the RU BBs start showing up in preview next week.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,390 posts
11,904 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

The premium carriers went on sale, and in crates last week.  It'll fade somewhat when the RU BBs start showing up in preview next week.

This and there is a Fly Strike Win mission that is best done with CV's.

Not far in the future we will be seeing complaints about too many BB's with the launch of the RU BB's.

[SHPFC]
[SHPFC]
Members
185 posts
6,819 battles
10 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

So its been a while since I played. Logged into to a couple of games in the last few days where there are 3 carriers per side. Is this a going thing now?

Now you know you was only playing with Tier 4 Carriers as Tier 6-10 are capped at 2 per side. 

9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

The premium carriers went on sale, and in crates last week.

They are Tier 8's having 3 CV's on each team is a Tier 4 thing.

Frosty

[SOV]
Members
2,921 posts
9 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Yep. The whining will slow down then? Well maybe not

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
12 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

So when did the max two carrier rule per side get tossed?

Members
0 posts
31 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Welcome to World of Warplanes On Water.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,295 posts
19,694 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This and there is a Fly Strike Win mission that is best done with CV's.

Not far in the future we will be seeing complaints about too many BB's with the launch of the RU BB's.

My friend is eagerly awaiting the RU BBs with his Asashio :Smile_trollface:

They're also going to be pretty vulnerable to air attacks.  All the build recommendations cater towards BB Survival Builds, ASM1, etc.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,198 posts
2 hours ago, Idaho_Spud said:

Welcome to World of Warplanes On Water.

You mean guided missiles on water, because the new game play in no way reflects actual flying...:Smile_glasses:

[INTEL]
Members
10,659 posts
30,057 battles
4 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Yes. The devs have decided against changing the MM to provide better games for the playerbase. Instead, they have decided to please a few CV drivers and screw everyone else in the match. That is why people are switching out of Randoms and not spending money. 

Get used to it. 

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
12 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Yes. The devs have decided against changing the MM to provide better games for the playerbase. Instead, they have decided to please a few CV drivers and screw everyone else in the match. That is why people are switching out of Randoms and not spending money.

Pretty much this, except I think it has less to do with actually caring about pleasing the CV griefers than blatantly milking them for short-term premium ship sales. Seems to be working as intended.

I'm willing to bet a sixer of cold ones that  the next few patches are going to see the continued incremental nerfs to CV's to prime the whale pumps for the Next Big Thing (Soviet BB line, French & Italian DD lines) and eventually, yes, subs.

The schadenfreude of watching the rabid CV fans get played for chumps since 8.1 is delightful. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Idaho_Spud
  • Cool 1