Sign in to follow this  
Caine

British Turret Traverse Speed

5 comments in this topic

Members
104 posts
5,009 battles

I have a rule of thumb when upgrading my ships.  I don't upgrade something that sucks but only happens intermittently at the cost of something that happens continuously.  I figure you are always losing out in the end you just can't see it.

Having said that I REALLY want to switch to Main Battery Mod 2 upgrade over Aiming Systems 1.  This breaks my rule of thumb (loss of reload speed is always, traverse is sometimes).

Just want to hear other opinions on what people have done.

Thanks in advance!!!!

[CRMSN]
[CRMSN]
Members
8,392 posts
9,009 battles

Actually, depending on the RN BB, I use AA Mod over ASM1. I don't think I use MBM2 on any RN BB.

[TBW]
Members
8,028 posts
14,645 battles
2 hours ago, Caine said:

I have a rule of thumb when upgrading my ships.  I don't upgrade something that sucks but only happens intermittently at the cost of something that happens continuously.  I figure you are always losing out in the end you just can't see it.

Having said that I REALLY want to switch to Main Battery Mod 2 upgrade over Aiming Systems 1.  This breaks my rule of thumb (loss of reload speed is always, traverse is sometimes).

Just want to hear other opinions on what people have done.

Thanks in advance!!!!

It really doesn't matter how fast your reload is, if your guns can't stay on the target.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,707 posts
3,603 battles

I did it for the Queen Elizabeth because it's so easy to out turn its guns, I run the mod with the special captain with improved EM skill to make her less frustrating. I brawl with mine and I need the turrets to move

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
21,256 posts
19,624 battles

The thing with RN BBs is that the temptation for slotting EM is only there for the Tier VI and below ones.  From KGV on, the turret traverse is vastly improved.

If you're keeping a dedicated captain for the Tier VI or below RN BBs, sure, EM sounds like a good idea.  Slap on ASM1 and you're good to go.  But if you're grinding down the line with that same captain, EM becomes a waste starting with VII KGV.  Even Nelson, DOY don't need need EM in Tier VII.  You could use EM for the VI and below RN BBs and then pay up Doubloons to retrain once you ding Tier VII.  But not everyone is into wasting Doubloons like that.

Personally, I feel that if you're using that same captain to go down the RN BB Line, skip out on EM and just deal with the slow traverse.  You're not going to be in low tiers and Tier VI that long.  But the time you spend in Tier VII on will be much longer and EM will be a waste there.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this