You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LGBTQ_DatingApp

D810 Noord Brabant

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
312 posts
6,403 battles

A post-war DD a la Neustrashimi with the same gun setup eh. Could definitely be interesting, as far as i can tell, this thing doesn't have torp tubes correct? Perhaps make it be a good gunboat with no torps but good AA due to the post-war dual purpose mounts?

Regardless it's always nice to have the possibility for weird new ship types, you should put a bit more info on the ship in the post though, it does have potential. :Smile_honoring:

Members
95 posts
403 battles

i thought some did after refit, but might be confused with the Friesland class which came after the Holland class, with side mounted 2X4 torps,

guns were capable of 42-45 rounds a minute, should do the trick though if no torps are modelled in

[M_S]
Members
368 posts
3,887 battles
1 hour ago, LGBTQ_DatingApp said:

i thought some did after refit, but might be confused with the Friesland class which came after the Holland class, with side mounted 2X4 torps,

guns were capable of 42-45 rounds a minute, should do the trick though if no torps are modelled in

No, both ships had 357mm 2x4 anti-sub mortars; I think you are confusing them for torps

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,621 posts
15,905 battles

We need @Lert to help us here.

[HINON]
Supertester
21,358 posts
15,060 battles
47 minutes ago, tyinnow said:

No, both ships had 357mm 2x4 anti-sub mortars; I think you are confusing them for torps

The Hollands never carried torpedoes, the Frieslands nominally didn't have them either, except two of them (Utrecht and Overijssel) which were temporarily fitted with two quad-tube launcher at the waist, one on each side.

The Frieslands and Hollands were very similar with the biggest difference being the Frieslands having a more powerful engine, IIRC a license built copy of Gearing's drive train.. I wrote an elaborate suggestion thread about Friesland here.

@LGBTQ_DatingApp Thanks for bringing this ship up, I've been championing Dutch ships in the game for years, and have a soft spot for the Hollands / Frieslands.

• Cool 1