You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

CV Rework, PLUS...

6 comments in this topic

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,766 posts
16,415 battles

I have started down the path to the dark side and have played my first Random battle in my Saipan. It took me 60 battles in Co-op to get the courage up to play a round in Randoms but it was a successfull #1 place win in a T10 match. As a DD main I consider this an accomplishment - especially since I trashed a Gearing in the opening minutes. It was even more hilarious because the opposing Enterprise declared he was going to sink me. I overcame his attacks by launching a new sortie and dropping off a fighter to help protect my CV with it's internal self defense fighters.

I think I'll quit  with a 100% win rate while I am ahead...

Spoiler

SaipanRandom.thumb.JPG.915197680d7445504fa16f5f2cf3b242.JPG

PLUS, more importantly, for those who truly understand the significance of this glorious day, I wish you all a Happy Easter...

• God is great!
  • Allahu Akbar!
  • Dios es grande!
  • Deus e bom!
  • Gott ist Grosartig!
  • Dieu est Grand!
  • Bog Velik! 

Edited by Khafni
inserted the letter "a" in first line...grammar.

[SSGS]
Members
82 posts
14,759 battles

I am really sick of rocket attacks that do more damage than a cruiser salvo.  This seems to happen in all tiers.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,753 posts
18,180 battles

Honestly it is "hard" to get good damage against a DD with the Saipan's rockets.  Wish it allowed us to use the other rockets instead of Tiny Tim's 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,766 posts
16,415 battles

@MrYee my kill was a DB attack. The Gearing captain, even at T10, did not know how to WASD. If he'd've wiggled just a bit I would have missed. To be fair he was focused on gunning down our DD. DD captains can overcome the CV's pretty easily. The main thing is to not push a cap when you see a squadron coming your way. Avoid them in the early stages of the game. Just some patience goes a long way. Understanding your detection by air and how AA influences that detection also helps. If my AA outranges my detection distance i turn off AA and maneuver away from the planes.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,766 posts
16,415 battles
4 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Honestly it is "hard" to get good damage against a DD with the Saipan's rockets.  Wish it allowed us to use the other rockets instead of Tiny Tim's 

Wholeheartedly agree!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
21,346 posts
11,851 battles
7 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Yeah but they play holy heck with cruisers and even BB super structures which is why I run them on my Lex. I have HE DB's to kill DD's with.

3 minutes ago, Khafni said:

@MrYee my kill was a DB attack. The Gearing captain, even at T10, did not know how to WASD. If he'd've wiggled just a bit I would have missed. To be fair he was focused on gunning down our DD. DD captains can overcome the CV's pretty easily. The main thing is to not push a cap when you see a squadron coming your way. Avoid them in the early stages of the game. Just some patience goes a long way. Understanding your detection by air and how AA influences that detection also helps. If my AA outranges my detection distance i turn off AA and maneuver away from the planes.

The number of DD's that I see not maneuvering when my planes are close is sad. PSA players quit giving CV's easy shots.

• Cool 1