Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Str4tosphere

I'm having trouble with the Kitakaze

8 comments in this topic

[STR4T]
Members
20 posts
3,253 battles

So yesterday, after grinding through the Akizuki and doing very well in it, I researched, purchased, and fully upgraded my Kitakaze. I had to sell the Akizuki because I'm broke and needed money for the Kitakaze. In my first game it felt just like the Akizuki, which I loved. We won that game. I was feeling very optimistic and then... I lost 7 straight games in the Kita. Now some of them were indeed my fault, because I'm new to the ship, but others I did very well and our team still managed to lose. It destroyed my morale. I then won 2 straight games, only to lose the next 3. I finally got a good win in the ship, and then... another 2 straight losses. I'm not sure if I'm that bad at the ship, or if my team is just failing me immensely. 

In 18 Games, I have achieved an astounding 22% win rate with 59000 average damage. I even had a 3 game streak where I achieved 3 kills in all 3 of the games. It really upsets me, knowing that I have only won 4 out of my first 18 Games in the ship. I know that I'm not a very good player, but this is baffling. I have a 17 point commander with IFHE.

If anyone can help, that would be great.

[WDS]
Members
1,780 posts
8,965 battles

I cant help you with your game play I don't play DDs or CAs much but if it makes you feel better we have all been there . Just keep plugging away and before you know it you will win 10 of the next 12 games it's kind of the way the game goes now lots of winning and losing streaks unless your really good . Have a nice Easter hope you rip off 10 wins in a row in the Kitakaze even though I hate seeing that ship when I'm playing .

[CUTER]
Members
2,864 posts
12,056 battles
19 minutes ago, Str4tosphere said:

So yesterday, after grinding through the Akizuki and doing very well in it, I researched, purchased, and fully upgraded my Kitakaze. I had to sell the Akizuki because I'm broke and needed money for the Kitakaze. In my first game it felt just like the Akizuki, which I loved. We won that game. I was feeling very optimistic and then... I lost 7 straight games in the Kita. Now some of them were indeed my fault, because I'm new to the ship, but others I did very well and our team still managed to lose. It destroyed my morale. I then won 2 straight games, only to lose the next 3. I finally got a good win in the ship, and then... another 2 straight losses. I'm not sure if I'm that bad at the ship, or if my team is just failing me immensely. 

In 18 Games, I have achieved an astounding 22% win rate with 59000 average damage. I even had a 3 game streak where I achieved 3 kills in all 3 of the games. It really upsets me, knowing that I have only won 4 out of my first 18 Games in the ship. I know that I'm not a very good player, but this is baffling. I have a 17 point commander with IFHE.

Send me a replay.  I'll send you a link to a private lesson using that game.

[STR4T]
Members
20 posts
3,253 battles
5 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Send me a replay.  I'll send you a link to a private lesson using that game.

okay

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,755 posts
18,180 battles

Weekends are rough on RNG.  There is not a lot of difference in Aki and Kitikaze so you will get there.

After more games, it week even out. 18 games is a small sample size.

Edited by Warped_1

[IHW]
Members
52 posts
21,353 battles

Keep  with it, it is a fantastic ship. You will have some bad games , but then you can destroy the other team with the Kitakaze. To bad you had to sell the Akizuki. 

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,309 posts
16,051 battles

I like the Kitakaze, but with the way all these special missions have been going of late I don't have the time to play the ships I want. Anyways here is information from me in playing the Kitty

My Overall Results
Battles    29
Victories    (59%)
Main battery hit ratio    41%
Torpedo hit ratio    4%

You are a DD hunter. Torps are used for area denial, however they can be used offensively. They are not usually played for capping primarily. This ships performs well when accompanied by teammates. Starting fires are nice, but then again it's not the main objective with gunnery. You want to do damage. Your AA is good, however CVs can hurt you with their planes just like the other DDs. 

Ship notes

• Stealth concealment is 5.9 km
  • AA rating is 52
  • Chance of fire 5% (I know its small percentage, however look at the big picture in hitting enemy ships with 600 hit chances of starting fires)
  • HE Pen (w/IFHE) 32mm (This is a big help on Bow and Stern of BBs)
  • Arm with Type 93 mod 3 torpedoes (12km range. IMO This version of torpedoes perform better)

Kitakaze Tier 9
Build by Tpaktop2_1
Build 0001
Consumables – Buy all premiums

Upgrades
Slot 1- Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2- Propulsion Modification 1/Engine Boost Modification 1
Slot 3- AA Guns Modification 1
Slot 4- Steering Gears Modification 2
Slot 5- Concealment System Modification 1
Slot 6- Main Battery Modification 3

Signal Flags
- - X - X -
- X - - - X
  - - X X X
- - - - - - 
   - -

My Commander skill sets
1-   Preventive Maintenance
3-   Last Stand
6-   Survivability Expert
10- Concealment Expert
14- Inertia Fuse for HE Shells
16- Adrenaline Rush
19- Basic Firing Training or Demolition Expert

Here are a couple of videos that I base my ship on for game play.

1 month old video

3 month old video

A thing to note as WoWS changes so do ship builds. 1 year from now maybe everything I said here will be obsolete.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
2 hours ago, Str4tosphere said:

Disclaimer:  I have a very unorthodox playstyle with the Akizuki line, so my advice is not for everyone. For reference, here is my build:

SmartSelect_20190421-131919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba3c64788e96d04a8e1b0631111517c8.jpg

I was an Akizuki main (900+ games before Kita/Haru were released), and I hated Kitakaze and Harugumo so much, I quit playing the tree and moved back to CAs. LOL

Send me a replay, and I'll see if I can't give you some pointers. I haven't played Kita post-0.8.0, so I don't really have specific anti-CV advice, though.

Edited by WuYixiang

Sign in to follow this